PDA

View Full Version : RE:great time at shoujocon

hikura
08-23-2003, 11:40 PM
Good evening everyone.I been home now for a little more then 35 minutes now as i write this.I want to say to the staff among others at shoujocon.I had a wonderful time.I really enjoyed this con very much.It was a very nice con that is personable and highly enjoyable.The only was one minor thing wrong but it is not worth mentioning about this con to ruin it.Despite me only being there one day i was impressed by not only the dealers room but the events also.True there was not a lot of events running but that is what made it fun.You had enough time from one event to the next without rushing.Plus you had some wonderful guests.I found everything enjoyable.I want to give the staff kudos for a well done job.Thank you very much.

Silence Glaive
08-24-2003, 08:33 PM
Well, as a member of the games staff at Shoujocon, I'd like to thank you. It's not the easiest thing in the world to be a staffer (especially when jobs are randomly sprung on you...like a DDR tournament). However, there is nothing I would rather do than staff Shoujocon...being so small it's really easy to get to know everyone, and everyone is always so great to talk to. I'm glad you had fun, and I hope we'll see you next year!

Michela
08-24-2003, 09:51 PM
Silence Glaive: I've been to several cons, but the Shoujocon staff was definitely the best (especially during the masquerade! It was so organized and personalized, so I must thank you... my first masquerade experience was terrible, and you helped to make the second so much better for me!) Unfortunately, I had to leave RIGHT after my skit, (Jen/Mad Hatter's parents personally told us they would skin us alive if we weren't back before 10 PM -_-) but I still felt like a million bucks afterwords. I just wish I could have seen who won the awards! I loved the Evangelion and Anime Idol skits soooo much! (Those were my favorites!) Everyone put a great amount of effort to their performances (and we had an INTELLIGENT audience! YAY!) ... this was my favorite masquerade experience yet. Thanks, everyone, for making Shoujocon so memorable for me!

aeva
08-24-2003, 10:07 PM
I agree with Michela dahling- Shoujocon was so much fun, even if attendence was less than a third of last year's. Anywho, I was impressed at how well everything was organized [unlike ::coughcoughAXNYmasqueradecough::], and the you always understood everything about the con- where to go, when it started, how things ran.... Wonderful staffers this yar. <3

Half of my great time at Shoujocon had to do with my excellent room.... I love my friends. They're hysterical.

And love Joanne, the owner of a local coffeehouse/icecream parlor/cafe... she gave me her adult badge. XD

...and I got to see Michela again, and she is amazing. <3Talking to Ranma/Adam was also great- he's such a sweetie! If you read this, congrats on 3rd place, hun! :3

zephy
08-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Having roomed with several staff members this weekend, I saw the stress they endured and hope they know how grateful we all were, but as friends and as attendees :)

For a small con, shoujocon was great.... even if it was in the M.C. Escher hotel from HELLL!!!! God that place was confusing. But in any case, it was totally worth it. It was my first REAL con cosplay ( I was the Chii wanderingn around in her bakery outfit on friday and saturday) and I had a ball....

well Im tired and must entertain my guests before their long trip back to Indiana and Missouri respectively so I'm sure I'll post later!

neoangelwink
08-25-2003, 02:35 AM
^_^ i had great time. I think i had more fun at shojon, thin i did at otakon. it was great meeting every one.

Silence Glaive
08-25-2003, 12:41 PM
Michela: The winners of the cosplay were:
1st: Anime Idol
2nd: the Harry Potter skit
3rd: Studmaster Anti-Fanboy Service

I'm so happy that everyone enjoyed Shoujocon...due to the decreased numbers we suffered this year, everyone was worried that a 2004 wouldn't happen. But it's on for next year, and I hope everyone who loved it will bring along other people. I would hate to see Shoujocon go away.

Eriol
08-25-2003, 12:53 PM
Please continue to check the Shoujocon website (http://www.shoujocon.com) for further information on Shoujocon 2004 as they continue to be developed.

The staff needs to rest. heh

Zephyrs
08-25-2003, 12:55 PM
ah, I'm so glad everyone had a great time! I had to miss this year's Shoujocon (it would have been my 3rd!) because of band camp, and I'm relieved to know it's on for sure for 2004!

ki kuru kitty
08-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Booya! I had a spectacular time. I'd like to give out a special thank you to all the ladies that made it to the dance floor on Saturday. That Definately made my con great. I will have pictures uploaded as soon as I clean out the viruses.

P.S
Did anyone come across a getbackers pair of sunglasses?

hachikin
08-25-2003, 04:52 PM
i took a bunch of sunglasses to the hotel lost & found (front desk) after the con finished.

marsie
08-25-2003, 08:40 PM
Yeah I found them, They were destroyed. >.<
We laid them to rest.
All grieve that glasses.

neoangelwink
08-25-2003, 08:52 PM
aww give littel prey to the the glasses

marsie
08-25-2003, 08:55 PM
*prays for the glasses where ever they maybe*

krystal1314
08-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Shoujocon was great... if only I didn't lose my digital camera at the con x______x
Did anybody find it? It's an HP Photosmart 318 (silver) and I'm *pretty* sure I dropped it in the EVENTS room ;___; I tried calling the hotel and everything, but nothing so far.....

digikoomi
08-25-2003, 10:54 PM
Shoujocon was great... if only I didn't lose my digital camera at the con x______x
Did anybody find it? It's an HP Photosmart 318 (silver) and I'm *pretty* sure I dropped it in the EVENTS room ;___; I tried calling the hotel and everything, but nothing so far.....
you know, always check before you leave! digital camera is live for either cosplayer or photographer...I will die without it >.<

MrWonderfulToji
08-26-2003, 01:07 AM
howdy everyone!
I had a great time at shoujocon! it was my first, and I really loved the small con atmosphere!
everyone was so kind and fun. I was the Harry Potter in the skit, and I hope people enjoyed our skit. winning was aright, but I'd much rather have a great crowd reaction then a prize. *shrug*
the highlights for me were meeting all the neato people *waves at starwind and neoangel and ranma and studmaster and kurthy*
and I also was thrilled to meet a woman in the artist alley who actually drew stuff from Megami Tensei *released in america as Persona*
I bought one print and plan to buy much more next time I see her!
see you all next year! I plan to be there the whole weekend next time ^^
sean

neoangelwink
08-26-2003, 01:09 AM
hi ^_^gain u did a great job on the skit ^_^ it was very funny!

KaraokeKate
08-26-2003, 02:36 AM
I was one of the judges for the cosplay, and I'm an old school FF fan too. I was laughing so hard during your skit that I knocked over one of the other judge's cups of M&Ms. o,0'

Aosora
08-26-2003, 01:14 PM
:blubber: I miss Shoujocon! Hehe, well I had lots of fun this year, as always. It's too bad to hear that so many people lost stuff!
I loved the skits, especially th ones that won, heh. ALL of them were so great though! I loved the Utena one, even though you couldn't hear them at the real masquerade, and I loved the ParaKiss costumes, and ... ee, I wish Shoujocon was every weekend! 'Course, then I'd have no money, EVER... (I have a grand total of $6 to my name at the moment...) Mm, yeah... gonna settle down from the sugar-rush eventually...
<3Aosora

digikoomi
08-26-2003, 02:11 PM
:blubber: I miss Shoujocon! Hehe, well I had lots of fun this year, as always. It's too bad to hear that so many people lost stuff!
I loved the skits, especially th ones that won, heh. ALL of them were so great though! I loved the Utena one, even though you couldn't hear them at the real masquerade, and I loved the ParaKiss costumes, and ... ee, I wish Shoujocon was every weekend! 'Course, then I'd have no money, EVER... (I have a grand total of $6 to my name at the moment...) Mm, yeah... gonna settle down from the sugar-rush eventually...
<3Aosora
I still have no idea why you guys keep eatting sugar....they don't make you hyper at all.....-_-;;; silly girls...

et_tilia
08-26-2003, 02:39 PM
:blubber: I miss Shoujocon! Hehe, well I had lots of fun this year, as always......Mm, yeah... gonna settle down from the sugar-rush eventually...
<3Aosora

I miss u Shu-chan!!!!!! :waaaah: ((mayb i should temporarily put up a pic of me as Ryuichi so ppl can actually tell who i am!)) My post-con money: $10 exactly. Heh...And i have BAAF coming up soon too >.<; What am i gonna do.........???????

marsie
08-26-2003, 03:26 PM
Shoujo Con was great! I had the best time.

I met some awesome people and ate the strangest food...and took some great pictures. Which if i took one of you I am getting them developed now.

ShoujoCon was one of the best cons i have been to in awhile.

Kurthy133
08-26-2003, 08:38 PM
my my my! what a good time i had! shoujocon was awesome despite the few number of people that attended. i got to meet so many new friends - it was fantastic!! *waves hi to ranma, studmaster, mrwonderfultoji, silence glaive, carrie, neoangelwink, zan, ki kuru kitty, justin.....* @____@ *whew* so many cool people! on top of all that are skit placed 3rd! *yay* i hope everyone else had a good time too! feel free to drop me a line!

<3Bell-chan

Tenjou
08-26-2003, 08:58 PM
I had such an awesome time. *o* I did miss a lot of things though, like the cosplay.com meeting and the fruits basket shoot. But hopefully next year if I go, I'll meet you all. ^^

Aosora
08-26-2003, 11:16 PM
Heh, my post-con wallet is mighty thin, but I don't get to go to another con this weekend like you, Ryu-chan! Hehe, yeah, join my and Yuki's club of putting up our pictures ^.~

Does anyone know when cosplay.com will put up their SJC03 photos?

<3Aosora

Pah, the sugar sure made US hyper, Yuki-chan! :jjacks:
I miss you too, Ryu-chan! =(

Casey Catt
08-26-2003, 11:43 PM
I had a great time, even though the con was so much smaller this year. Now I want to go back! Can we have another Shoujocon now, please? :p

Much fun as all the events were, I think Sunday was my favorite part! Everyone still there was just hanging out and being goofy. I liked. ('Course, me dragging a Dilandau around on a leash could've been part of that. :) )

neoangelwink
08-27-2003, 12:49 AM
small con are nice really get to know other peep better and get see al friend easer too.

CelesMaxwell
08-27-2003, 03:15 AM
Shoujocon was awesome, and winning 2nd was icing on the cake!

I am the Draco half of the Potter skit--which in itself was MORE than fun to do!

digikoomi
08-27-2003, 09:25 AM

I am the Draco half of the Potter skit--which in itself was MORE than fun to do!
hey~ you guys are really funny. I have your photo with pocky magic stick :)

Eriol
08-27-2003, 10:36 AM

You didn't an excellent hair slick for Draco's hair.

Tenjou
08-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know when cosplay.com will put up their SJC03 photos?

heehee I liked your skit. ^^ anywho.. I don't think that there are any official cosplay.com pictures taken by admin. =( but the shoujocon 03 photo gallery is up in member convention photos, if that's what you mean. ^^;

here's the link (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=595) to it. I hope to have my pictures up today sometime.

later! hope I helped! ^^

neoangelwink
08-27-2003, 11:30 AM
you did great job being CelesMaxwell Draco. that remind me i have start the 5 book soon.

digikoomi
08-27-2003, 11:47 AM
heehee I liked your skit. ^^ anywho.. I don't think that there are any official cosplay.com pictures taken by admin. =( but the shoujocon 03 photo gallery is up in member convention photos, if that's what you mean. ^^;

here's the link (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=595) to it. I hope to have my pictures up today sometime.

later! hope I helped! ^^

heh, I post part of the photo there...I actually took around 100 at shoujocon ^^ll I will try to post them later....plus my gallery space is kinda full, have to clean up first....

Tenjou
08-27-2003, 11:53 AM
heh, I post part of the photo there...I actually took around 100 at shoujocon ^^ll I will try to post them later....plus my gallery space is kinda full, have to clean up first....

yeah I should probably clean out my gallery a little bit too ^^ I took about 75, but I'm not sure how many came out. I took a lot of the masquerade, but I was a few rows back from the stage, so the lighting might be pretty bad on those.

marsie
08-27-2003, 12:30 PM
I took a ton of pictures for the site mainly. I'll post them as soon as I can.

CelesMaxwell- *glomps* You two were so cute! I am the one that got you guys into the sake tasting. ^.~ Please let me know when you put those Slytherin sweaters up on ebay. ^^

ki kuru kitty
08-27-2003, 01:00 PM
;-; Just can't believe its all over *Cries on next DigiKomi's shoulder* What are people's next con, so we can laugh at each other again!

Aosora
08-27-2003, 03:38 PM
*cries on digikoomi's other shoulder* I can't believe it's over either! My next con is probably... Shoujocon '04 =(

tenjou: someone took pictures outside that they said were for cosplay.com... an FF group shot and an everyone group shot. Anyways, thanks for the link!

<3Aosora

et_tilia
08-27-2003, 06:01 PM
my next con will be Otakon 2004 & Shoujocon 2004 most likely, since I don't got the $ for BAAF...(it's the curse of the dealer's room!!! And the @$$hole at ebay!!!!)
I didn't take too many pics (-_-;)...And I need to get the ppls' permission to put them on my site! ::sigh:: And for some reason noone's online (AIM) when I'm on. (my sn is kamuiangel0) 's so sad...::sniff::

chiron_hikari
08-27-2003, 09:40 PM
I just wanted to give everyone who attended this year's Shoujocon a big THANK YOU!! I'm so glad to hear that people enjoyed themselves and are looking forward to coming back next year. You have no idea how good that makes us as staffers feel!! Granted, most of us do get highly stressed out and wonder about why we signed our souls away for the weekend...but hearing the positive feedback makes it all worthwhile!

So, while we're on the subject of Shoujocon 2003...I'm curious...
What was your favorite part of this year's convention??

Tenjou
08-27-2003, 10:14 PM
tenjou: someone took pictures outside that they said were for cosplay.com... an FF group shot and an everyone group shot. Anyways, thanks for the link!

<3Aosora

XD oh. I missed that. ^^;;;;; you're very welcome! by the way, I have a picture of your skit in my gallery! =D

TheAnarCHris
08-28-2003, 01:43 AM
Well finally recovered from SJC and posting once more...definelty the smallest con i went to, but i had fun, with the EVA skit and poppin the LARP cherry (and experience where i can say i killed someone is a good experiennce) I was lil spoiled by otakon, and the lack of neoangel in a Rinoa costume was bad, but i only managed to blow 95 bucks in the dealers room! yay!

And all the peeps i met were cool, sum new to me, a lot of vets, and the uber-cute Belldandy cosplayer Kur was compleltly chill.

All in all it was a best con....esp coz i OWNED KK Kitty's ass in the X/1999 fighting game....lol joking man.

PockyDarcy
08-28-2003, 12:33 PM
Well, I am so glad that it turned out to be a great con experience for me and my friends.I chose Shoujocon over otakon this year. It would have been my 4th otakon, but i really don't mind anymore. Shoujocon was a small con. Small cons kick the llama's behind! Scott and I adore them! It's because we get to meet more nice people throughout cons. That is what is all about. I am so happy about being able to perform our Anime Idol skit at the masquarade. It was a month of preparation and when we went to perform it at Acen and it didn't happen. I'm glad it turned out the way we wanted it to. We love to entertain. Most of all it was a fun experience. There was some tough competiton! Man, it was the best masquarade I've seen that i can remember off the top of my head. Huggles to all! You all did such a terrific job!! I think the judges had a hard time figuring out the results...I know I sure would have.
Thanks for all the participants in name that tune! ( I helped with music)It's my fav game show! I LOVE anime music to death! Congrads to the winner and people who got to compete! I really liked the FB photoshoot outside. Nice lighting for pics. It was great to see a little group for FB. ( i was tohru) *wavs* I'll have to say my worst part was the 24 hour drive to the con, but after it was all over I defenatly feel that this con was worth the haul from Illinois to Michigan to car pool with friends, to Buffilo to pick a friend up and then to the con. *pants* I'm glad I didn't have to drive! But, it still was a big effort.
thanks for a great time from staff and everyone who attended! love u all! *huggles*

Eriol
08-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Well, I am so glad that it turned out to be a great con experience for me and my friends.I chose Shoujocon over otakon this year. It would have been my 4th otakon, but i really don't mind anymore. Shoujocon was a small con. Small cons kick the llama's behind! Scott and I adore them! It's because we get to meet more nice people throughout cons. That is what is all about. I am so happy about being able to perform our Anime Idol skit at the masquarade. It was a month of preparation and when we went to perform it at Acen and it didn't happen.

On the Shoujocon forums, the Cosplay Coordinator has announced prior to the con how the scoring would be done. Performance is over 50% of the score. Therefore, your preparation paid off. Congrats.

neoangelwink
08-28-2003, 01:13 PM
Well, I am so glad that it turned out to be a great con experience for me and my friends.I chose Shoujocon over otakon this year. It would have been my 4th otakon, but i really don't mind anymore. Shoujocon was a small con. Small cons kick the llama's behind! Scott and I adore them! It's because we get to meet more nice people throughout cons. That is what is all about. I am so happy about being able to perform our Anime Idol skit at the masquarade. It was a month of preparation and when we went to perform it at Acen and it didn't happen. I'm glad it turned out the way we wanted it to. We love to entertain. Most of all it was a fun experience. There was some tough competiton! Man, it was the best masquarade I've seen that i can remember off the top of my head. Huggles to all! You all did such a terrific job!! I think the judges had a hard time figuring out the results...I know I sure would have.
Thanks for all the participants in name that tune! ( I helped with music)It's my fav game show! I LOVE anime music to death! Congrads to the winner and people who got to compete! I really liked the FB photoshoot outside. Nice lighting for pics. It was great to see a little group for FB. ( i was tohru) *wavs* I'll have to say my worst part was the 24 hour drive to the con, but after it was all over I defenatly feel that this con was worth the haul from Illinois to Michigan to car pool with friends, to Buffilo to pick a friend up and then to the con. *pants* I'm glad I didn't have to drive! But, it still was a big effort.
thanks for a great time from staff and everyone who attended! love u all! *huggles*

-_- im sad becouse i miss your skit when i went the bathroom. i really want to see it very talling how great it was. hopeful get see it on tape.

hachikin
08-28-2003, 01:15 PM
pockydarcy--i see by your posts & looking @ your costumes that not only were you the awesome pretear @ last year's shoujocon, you were the v. cute noelle & the person who apparently really liked that i had cosplayed hime-chan too. ^_~ yay! thanks! (too many people seemed not to know who i was, so that was exciting!)

PockyDarcy
08-29-2003, 04:26 PM
Hey there Hachikin!
Yes, I was pretear last year and noelle along with Rabi-en-rose, Natsu, tohru, Idol singer Yurika, and rege maid girl from vandread. Busy costume weekend for me!! It was great to see someone cosplay himechan. It's one of my fav shoujo animes. I have the whole series...such a light hearted cute series. I would love to make a hibino Hikaru costume....maybe make the Daichi-kun fanclub pin on her school girl uniform. *giggle*
well it was great seeing u at shoujocon ! Hope to see ya soon! *huggles*

AnimeParty
08-29-2003, 04:32 PM
I and my club had a great time. For most of my members, it was their first con, and we had a blast. I was so happy that this time round I knew people and was more focused on being socialable than just going around and buying stuff. The only thing I was sad bout, I forgot my regular camera at home, so I couldn't take any pictures for my AP photo project. :(

hachikin
08-29-2003, 11:25 PM
I would love to make a hibino Hikaru costume....maybe make the Daichi-kun fanclub pin on her school girl uniform. *giggle*

hehehe... if you ever do a hibino cosplay, please let me know & i will try my darnedest to get to whatever con you're gonna wear it @ & i'll be hime-chan & we can have a throw-down or something. ^_^

MrWonderfulToji
08-31-2003, 05:54 PM
Shoujoncon definately rocked hard this year! I had never been to one before, but I loved it, and the people were definately awesome.
anyone who met me at the convention feel free to drop me a line and say howdy! studmaster, ranma, kurthy, the gravitation girls, and all the other cool shoujocon kids!
and did anyone else notice that the dealers room here rocked way hard for such a small convention?
they even had a table selling Sakura Taisen swag! I pounded through my money MIGHTY fast there...
they didn't have any soletta stuff and I didn't get Sumire in my capsule toy.... but what can you do?
sean

EDIT: And not to say I'm like ubermaxcongoer, but the masquerade this year was one of the best run ones I've ever been in... I was really impressed great work tweener!!! *pats shoujocon staff on back*

hikura
08-31-2003, 10:45 PM
Yes the dealers room was great.Considering everything it was bigger and better i thought then animebostons and this years baaf.Plus there was no wait to get into and not packed like sardine like at baaf the past two years.I did miss you at shoujocon and baaf mrwonderfultoji.

CelesMaxwell
09-01-2003, 03:07 PM
hey~ you guys are really funny. I have your photo with pocky magic stick :)

OMG YES!

I hope it's okay, I am gonna link that in my LiveJournal. ^_^

If anyone else has pictures of me and Sean from our Potter skit/cosplay, could you PLEASE IM me at CelesMaxwell -- I would REALLY appreciate it!

CelesMaxwell
09-01-2003, 03:10 PM
I took a ton of pictures for the site mainly. I'll post them as soon as I can.

CelesMaxwell- *glomps* You two were so cute! I am the one that got you guys into the sake tasting. ^.~ Please let me know when you put those Slytherin sweaters up on ebay. ^^

YOU! I wanted to say thank you, but you'd disappeared!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

chiron_hikari
09-01-2003, 09:20 PM
Celes- I have a couple of pictures as well! I haven't uploaded them anywhere at all as of yet...^_^ If we manage to catch each other via IM, that's great...otherwise I can e-mail you the pics. ^_^