PDA

View Full Version : Silver/powder blue satin...

alliebeth
11-30-2009, 05:55 PM
So, I ordered some supposedly "silver" satin...well it pretty much looks like silver/powder blue unless you get the light just right (which won't happen at a con, I'm sure). I was going to use it for my Princess Garnet gown, but now that's just not an option. It's very nice fabric though, and I got a great deal. I don't want to see it go to waste.

So, what I need is suggestions for a female character who wears an outfit, maybe a gown or a dress or even a freakin' cape (I have 14 yards of this stuff!) that is silver/powder blue. I'm open to all suggestions except skimpy outfits (which shouldn't be an issue...we're talking ballgowns here, you know?) If you could suggest a character and what series they're from that'd be great...anime, manga, video games all fair game.

I've already thought maybe there's a Chii from Chobits costume, somewhere, that I could use it for, just not sure which one!

LKD
11-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Cinderella's gown is supposed to be a silver color :) Its just marketed off as blue because the water reflection makes it blue in the movie.

Do you have a picture of the fabric?

alliebeth
11-30-2009, 07:13 PM
ooo...You know now that you mention it, it is pretty much exactly that color (in most light)...that is a huge possibility right there! Thanks :)