PDA

View Full Version : cosplaying arucard from hellsing

NosArucard
08-24-2003, 07:47 AM
hey...i'm going to be cosplaying arucard from hellsing ^^ ..the thing is, i have no clue how to make or where to find the coat and hat..i have serached around a lot and can not find anything remotely similar..any ideas?!?! thanks^^

Alucard's Girl
08-24-2003, 09:05 PM
I have a friend who's going to be cosplaying as Arucard as well. What he's did was go a thrift store and found a long white coat. We dyed it red and i made the details on the coat (they're not that hard, trust me). Hope that helps!

Tiirz
08-25-2003, 02:30 AM
I'm afraid I'm going to the other extreme and tailoring the coat out of red wool. I'm planning to make it proportioned with the extra wide shoulders and I have some vintage 1980's =huge= shoulder pads that will be perfect for it. Unfortunatly, there's only so big a shoulder pad you can put into an already made coat without it cutting into your armpit, so it's best not to mess with it.

I've seen other people mentioning finding a pimp hat at a costume shop and covering it with red fabric, but I'm going to look into making one out of hat felt and possibly some buckram for stiffness. I'm not sure if it'll work, since I've never made a hat, but that's how to learn, and I like challenges! :)

QueenOfTheCrows
08-26-2003, 03:11 AM
EBAY!! You can find everthing there
and if you not a member i sugest thrift stores
outlit stores, holloween costume websites,
places that sell old things or mabye buying your own
cloth and materials and tell a tailor to make it for you
but that mite be expensive. Amen.....hehe

NosArucard
08-26-2003, 06:20 AM
hmm..suggestions, but the problem with ebay, and i have tried, is that i always get out bidded...like the time i tried for his gloves..first it was ten, then twenty, and thirty..by that time i was like, okay, there is no way i am spend fourty dollars for a pair of seven dollar gloves, LOL...

arucard
08-26-2003, 09:16 AM
try the thrift store before talior. They have the randomest stuff there and really cheap. I got alexander anderson's cloak at a thrift store for 6$ on sale. I just need to add the purple outline and take out the buttens

Nevernaut
08-27-2003, 12:05 AM
I'm handling my buddy Nick's Alucard costume, and let me tell you right now, you aren't going to find the hat or the coat.

Bright red--even dark red, really--was never really the height of fashion.
If you have a small frame, you might get lucky. Maybe.

But it's unlikely.

I'm sewing Nick's coat out of velveteen (does cool things with the light), and we're painting a vinyl "pimp" hat from a costume shop.

Good luck!

Chiri
08-27-2003, 07:52 AM
Pimpin' Alucard :p

D3wm45t4
05-08-2004, 10:29 AM
i herd of ppl making the hat out of a witches hat. just cut the cone down and cover with red.

Xero_pain
05-08-2004, 01:48 PM
hey if ur looking for the alucard hat go to a western wear store and buy a hat that looks the most like it (iforgot the what the style is) and cover it with red fabric, thats what i did