PDA

View Full Version : Godiva Wig, HELP!!! (Please ^^)

AngieRikku
08-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone,
I just ordered a straight synthetic godiva wig for my Chi costume, from Chobits. It arrived in tangles and curls!!! How would I go about brushing it out to have it straight and not in tangles, without pulling the hair out??? Please help me! Thanks in advanced. ^_^

Adella
08-24-2003, 03:50 PM
that's terrible. You should return it. What place did you order it from? I can't give you advice because there's usually no fixing a godiva wig once it's decided to tangle up ;_;

Menchi
08-24-2003, 04:02 PM
if its not too cheap a wig...(me i have one that cost me $60) you use conditioner (wig conditioner or somehtin that will work with synthetic wigs) then let it dry to help. then the *not* fun part...spend hours upon hours seperating the wig into little sections then detangle it fromthe bottom up. then when its pretty much detangled after how ever lojng it takes, ya then get one of those comb things (sorry domnt know the name of em) with the REALLY wide openings betweent he long teeth in em an then it shoud be ok ^_~

i learnd this after the first time i had to detangle the 44" of brown wigh i have...an oh did it take a long time.

AngieRikku
08-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll try the sectioning and detangling, if not I'll try to return it. Thanks!!! ^_^

Romann
08-24-2003, 05:13 PM
that's terrible. You should return it. What place did you order it from? I can't give you advice because there's usually no fixing a godiva wig once it's decided to tangle up ;_;

Aeris is right. If you try to detangle that wig, you'll end up with 75% of it on the floor or left in your comb. When I got mine, it was perfect, and had no tangles in it. I ordered it from witchwigs.com. After wearing it for 6+ hours, then it got tangeled and I just used some Herbal Essence Detangler spray on it. I paid $60 for my wig, and I'm not sure how much yours cost, but your shouldn't have to shelf out money to recieve something like that. Best of luck.

katrinastrife
08-30-2003, 09:26 AM
I got the same wig as Noir Lumine, from witchwigs.com, and I use the same method--detangler/conditioner-ish stuff, and a bit of patient brushing. But, if it was a curly godiva wig to begin with, I don't think you'll have much luck brushing it out...

madhatterr104
11-17-2003, 03:03 PM
i got a lycra godiva wig last summer (goes down to my but) and i havn't used it yet...i just took it out to try it on since i'm going to be using it soon, and it's all in tangles ;;
i've tryed some of these suggestions, but the strands just STICK together...everytime i brush them they just cling back to another one. i spent $60 and i really don't want to have to toss it and try to find another one, so what should i do?
is there a product that makes wigs less "clingy" ?

Michi
11-17-2003, 06:11 PM
Noir/Katrina, the wig you got from WitchWigs was much higher in quality than cheap Godiva wigs. ^_^;

Angie, you may want to just wait and save up a bit more so you can get a nicer wig. Godiva wigs rarely look all that good, anyway. =/

SquishedFlower
11-17-2003, 07:22 PM
I got 2 godiva wigs on ebay 4 chii's and they turned out to be crap so im cutting em up 2 use em as hair falls and hair fringe (bangs) oh well i learned my lesson 56$ down the drain

AngieRikku
11-20-2003, 02:02 AM
Were they from Phantazia Boutique? They sell really crappy wigs. DON'T EVER BUY FROM THEM!

SquishedFlower
11-20-2003, 01:56 PM
Yup thats where they wer from! I just wish I had known how crappy they are before i got them, It really pays to look into things and do your research! avast,

penultimate03
11-20-2003, 02:46 PM
I had the same issue. I had a CHEAP Godiva wig for a Chii cosplay. Like, I wasn't planning on wearing the costume that much (it was originally an ELG turned Chii), and I didn't want to spend the money on a wig I wouldn't wear often, so I decided to go cheap just this once. So I got like a $27 Godiva wig X3

Anyway, I wore it and it worked out fine, got tangled ike any wig would. Tossed it on a shelf for a few months after the con. Dug it out again eventually.

It got tangled, of course, and I tried brushing it. That didn't work.

But after finger combing it for a few hours, the wig was practically back like new, except for a bit of frizz at the bottom from the abuse of brushing.

So my conclusion: Finger-combing, while being a long process, is probably the best way to go to take care of a really long (and/or cheap) wig X3

Romann
11-21-2003, 07:49 AM
>>Noir/Katrina, the wig you got from WitchWigs was much higher in quality than cheap Godiva wigs. ^_^;

Oh, they aren't the same thing?? Oops ^^*

>>Angie, you may want to just wait and save up a bit more so you can get a nicer wig. Godiva wigs rarely look all that good, anyway. =/

True, true...It was kinda hard for me to push out $60 for a wig I can't use very often, but in the long run, you'll be happy you basically got what you paid for ^^

lunasreincarnat
12-01-2003, 03:36 AM
my 1st skuld wig was a cheap godiva wig from ebay. almost 40 dollars -.-. i learned my lesson. no use trying to fix it, trust me i spent many nights using every detangling method i could think of. and when i wore it it would tangle so easily and would get caught on every. sigh.

ShatteredSunset
12-03-2003, 08:18 PM
Hmm.... Oh my. I hope the wig I just purchased on Ebay will be of presentable quality... I bought it from www.internationalwigs.com, a long and curly godiva wig. Does anyone know if that's going to be a total fiasco, or no?

deschaos
12-04-2003, 03:27 PM
is there any way to wear a long wig so that it doesn't tangle then?

Miaka No Baka
12-07-2003, 08:33 AM
I've found detaingling spray can work wonders on helping detangle stuffs. Since it coats the hair with some weird coating (silicon I think?) it kinda helps keep it from getting really bad. If your wig is already nice and tangle free I'd recommend you spray the heck out of it with a detangling spray to try and be a preventative measure in keeping it tangle free. Suave kids makes a nice apply smelling detangling spray so your wig will smell of apples and be detangled ^_^; And excersise caution when removing it and putting it on. Try to never put your head upside down cause it'll cause all the hair to fall forward and possibly tangle.

Miaka no Baka

Michela
12-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Aeris is right. If you try to detangle that wig, you'll end up with 75% of it on the floor or left in your comb.

:::Points to above quote::: This most unfortunately happened to me as well... (except after one brushing, which is mysterious for a brand new, expensive wig ;_; ) I now have to buy a new one... at least, that taught me to be VERY patient with washing and brushing my wigs (always brush slowly, from bottom to top... otherwise, the ordeal may well end in tears.)