PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a Blind Anime Character?

KaleidoStar
12-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Hi I am going to be going to a convention and I may have my guide dog with me. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good cosplay that would have me as a blind character where i just happen to have a dog, or an anime character where they have a dog (not sure of breed yet I am just getting ready to get my dog and am thinking ahead to help me finish my training to get one).

Please any suggestions would be wonderful! <3

Athel
12-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Well. Gauche from Tegami Bachi with his dingo/dogy would be too awesome for me to see.

Your icon also gave me an idea. What about Kakashi and Paku?

kiratsukai
12-03-2009, 03:18 AM
Just don't dress up the dog... that's mean :(

AleriaCarventus
12-03-2009, 04:10 AM
Well for "blind characters that just could happen to have a dog" I can think of two, totally opposite - Tosen Kaname from Bleach, and Toph Bei Fong from Avatar: The Last Airbender. if you do Toph, you could paint your dog's head to look like a badgermole (google it!) for the lulz.

Yano
12-03-2009, 05:00 AM
umm i cant remember but its casshern maybe? he has a dog in tatsunoko vs capcom.

ioniafreak
12-03-2009, 05:34 AM
Toph From avatar the last airbender could work well [=

KaleidoStar
12-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Those are some great ideas. =D I also had thought of the main character from Rule of the Rose (i think) she has that do with her all the time.

Kakashi and Paku isn't bad but I would like to cosplay someone different.

KaleidoStar
12-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Well. Gauche from Tegami Bachi with his dingo/dogy would be too awesome for me to see.

Gauche is really cute he could be fun to cosplay <3

KaleidoStar
12-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Just don't dress up the dog... that's mean :(

I would prefer not anyways not just cause i personally don't like it but beyond a satchel on his back to carry things, my do wearing anything could interfere with him working as my guide.

KaleidoStar
12-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Well for "blind characters that just could happen to have a dog" I can think of two, totally opposite - Tosen Kaname from Bleach, and Toph Bei Fong from Avatar: The Last Airbender. if you do Toph, you could paint your dog's head to look like a badgermole (google it!) for the lulz.

Sadly as a short very white girl Tosen would be a bit of a stretch. Toph might be possible though.

Garen
12-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Madoka and Mozart from GetBackers was the first I thought of.

Actually, I first thought of Akira from Samurai Deeper Kyo, but he doesn't have a dog. Thus Madoka.

KaleidoStar
12-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Hmm Madoka might be a winner. I even have a violin I could carry around.

HotaruKitty
12-07-2009, 10:30 PM
There's also blind-folded Riku from Kingdom Hearts.. Could make your dog into a heartless awww :3

songbirdblues
12-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I don't know if you've seen Code Geass, but you can try Nunnally :)

EgnirysFaye
12-09-2009, 01:26 PM
First thing that popped into my head:
Blind Ghost (http://static3.animepaper.net/upload/thumbs/scans/Fatal-Frame/%5Bsmall%5D%5BAnimePaper%5Dscans_Fatal-Frame_Ned-suki(0.69)__THISRES__157049.jpg) from Fatal Frame.

There are zombie dogs and humans (http://www.horrorstyle.com/wallpaper/resident-evil-dog/resident-evil-dog-1280x720.jpg)in the Resident Evil games and movies, so that would actually be pretty cool to see! All you would have to do is dab some blood on your furry partner. (I'm not a fan of litterally dressing the dog up either).

Then there is this guy (http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/SilentHill03.jpg) from Silent Hill. But...um..you might need more help getting around than with a seeing eye dog. Otherwise there is the Silent Hill Nurse. (http://moviestudio.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/silent_hill_ver6.jpg)

The only anime character I can think of at this moment is Watanuki from XxxHolic. He isn't completely blind, but he does lose eyesight in one eye and is often bandaged.

The rest...Cyclops from X-Men, Blind Mag from Repo! The Genetic Opera (Originally completely blind, got new eyes, then tore them out on her own) and Elle from Kill Bill (Blind in one eye at first, then the good eye gets completely ripped out)

Sorry, can't think of any with actual dogs ^_^; minus the Resident Evil suggestion. The rest, that I know of, would be way too obscure.

xacidxjellox
12-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Rena Rune from Sousei no Aquarion.

I don't really suggest dressing up your Seeing Eye Dog, because it usually hinders their working skills. ^^;

My family and I've been raising dogs for the Seeing Eye for twelve years and a half now in the Doylestown/Quakertown area. (:

jounink
12-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Blind character
Modoka - Get backers and she has a dog named mozart

happen to have/be around a dog
Ed and Ein - Cowboy bebop
Tohru and Shigure - Fruits Basket
Cheza - blue (or any of the other wolves)

IluvShinji!
12-15-2009, 06:44 PM
probably listed already but Kaname Tousen from bleach, also Rezo the Red Priest from Slayers.

hmwsg x
12-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Not anime but...Theresa from Fable I and Theresa from Fable II. In Fable II theres a dog companion too. http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/133/927246_20080513_screen012.jpg Shes the one on the right (from Fable II)

(I don't know if you have someone there to describe the image or if you have some degree of vision but I linked the image just in case)

Mr.lolXD
12-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Uuuh I think Nunnaly from Code Geass is blind or did the emperor (Zero's dad) order her to not see with his Geass power? I don't remember the last episodes of Code Geass. Let's just say she's blind and leave it at that, lol.

i-sew
12-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Two come to mind:

Nunnally Lamperouge from Code Geass
Shizuka Kawai from YuGiOh (though she isn't techically blind, but had eye surgery for most of her appearance in the first season she appears in)

KaleidoStar
01-13-2010, 02:13 AM
Thank you everyone, and I do not plan on dressing up the dog AT ALL.

I am most likely going to do Madoka as her cosplay is simple and similar to what I have though if I can afford it I will try something more fun and complicated so I am still taking suggestions.

SamanthaLyons
01-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Ummm...Nunnally? From Code Geass. ^.^;; Good luck on your search!