PDA

View Full Version : Raver Princess Zelda, Suggestions?

disco_spok
12-06-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm planning on doing TP Princess Zelda for and up coming con and I would like to make an alternative costume for the rave. A full gown is not going to be easy to dance in. I was hoping to get some ideas on designs from you guys. I was thinking I could take it one of two ways. Either doing tight clothing like fishnet over neon pink or do a baggy pants bottom (more work but more customization like tri-forces and what not). Her general color scheme is White Pink Lavender and Gold , but could just as easily work black in.
If i can get a general design down I can buy, sew, and craft the outfit up pretty quick. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sapphiredolphin
12-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I think it'd just be easier to go as sheik if it's that big of a problem. But if you still want to go as zelda and still look like her, I think you could shorten it and make the color scheme more neon. I think that if you gave a picture reference of what kind of rave clothing you'd like to model it after would help. Unfortunately, my mind is not mixing rave and (sort of) medival very well. >_<

disco_spok
12-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Yah I'm not looking to do Sheik. I don't have a particular style in mind and I guess thats part of my issue. I've tried scouring the net for inspiration but nothing particularly caught my eye. I hadn't thought about just doing a short dress or skirt version. My initial thought was just have raver cloths of some style with the right color scheme and some Hyrule symbology.

disco_spok
12-06-2009, 11:47 PM
So I've come up with some ideas to bounce off of you guys.
I was thinking of making leg warmers from the Casa Satin the gown is made out of and embroidering of appliquéing the Hyrule phoenix (in red) and triforce(in gold) on them. Then to give them a fuller and little stiffer look using interfacing on the inside.
Next neon pink tights under white fishnets. Then a no sew tutu of neon pink and/or lavender and white. Arms I'll likely take the arm covers from the costume.
Not sure about what I'll do for the top.

So what do you think thus far? Any alternative suggestions, improvements, or ideas for the top?

Thanks

HarpyLink
07-14-2010, 12:58 AM
Well looks like we got another LOZ raver here, I've just about finished my Rave Link.

It would be best to do a load of sketches and take a look at the original costume a lot to get a firm idea of what you'd like to do (I've done so many of mine. Its actually really fun!).

When you're at a rave, you go wild and sexy. Keep those in mind for when you develop a rave version of a character. Shortening up certain parts of the original costume or cutting some things out can help give it a more wild look. Rainbows and bright colors are always a must with a rave costume, or all black; but that's no fun! Zelda's color pallet is rather pale, which doesn't help much in this case. You can though take her original colors and brighten them up a bit!

And Keep it simple... A lot of details are not going to get seen in a dark and crowded rave; so going to all the trouble of embroidering a pair of legwarmers is going to be a waste. And of course, incorporate lots and lots of glowsticks. You can even reference your piece of the trifroce by getting a large blue one.

Kesra
09-20-2010, 02:23 PM
I agree. I wouldn't bother with embroidery. Instead opt for fabric paints that'll pick up on the black light (that'll be SO awesome >.>