PDA

View Full Version : What I miss about Fanime.........

Lightning Count
10-09-2002, 01:02 PM
I miss the way they use to have Fanime early in the year, during the spring......when it's cooler.........not to mention several months AWAY from Anime Expo.
What were they thinking? And I really want to go to both, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. Like alot f my friends, it might come down to chosing ONE...............

:confused:
:(

Michi
10-10-2002, 02:17 AM
Yes. It really bothers me too. I can make both, because I live close enough to Fanime that it isn't a big deal, but... I know a lot of friends can't, and I'd rather they were spread out more.

Foxwolfe
10-10-2002, 04:26 AM
I agree it might have been moved a bit TOO close to AX, but look at it this way, now Sakuracon is a possibility. Personally Im gonna make sure Im able to go to both Fanime and AX but am kinda wondering what itll be like having them so close.

As for the weather part Im glad its in a warmer weather month, at night it got a little to cold during the april.

Lightning Count
10-10-2002, 07:36 PM
Hmmm, SakuraCon?? What's that like? Where is it held?

Karisu-sama
10-11-2002, 04:09 AM
Sakuracon = Seattle, April. Way too far for us to drive, too expensive to fly the 4 of us. If you have to go to only one, I suggest AX. We should be at both Fanime and AX though; Fanime is 5 min. from our house (but you know that! ;) ) Unless the Karate World Cup tournament is that weekend - sigh, too much going on all the time...

AX for sure.

I think Fanime got screwed on the dates because the hotel scheduled other things - or so I heard, I may be wrong...

Kenshin Ken
10-13-2002, 04:03 PM
^^; its a sacrafice... go to Faniem and spend scruples n scrapes for AX... or forsake fanime and make AX a comfy trip...
Santa clara is jsut a hour or so south from me...but AX..^^;; took me awhiel to plan for that trip...

spacecosboy
10-20-2002, 11:48 PM
I'm planning on going to Sakuracon cause I live close by. It was my first con and I liked it a lot I'm not shure how it is compared to other cons but I've heard its a very well run con. I think I heard its about the same size of Fanime or a bit smaller.

I'm planning on going to AX next year and hope I can get the days off so I can go to Fanime also.

Foxwolfe
10-21-2002, 11:39 AM
You know what my solution to that is space, paid sick days! Woohoo, my 9 per year will easily cover any cons I wanna go to since I dont work weekends as it is.

Oh and as for your sig, what the heck is that from? Seems so familiar...

spacecosboy
10-22-2002, 04:51 AM
Well, the job I have right now I can really get any days off if I tell my co workers/friends well in advance I just don't like taking too many days off and have them have to carry my share of the work load. Only the three of us, the plant manager, and Quality Control manager can do our job. Of course I'm the lowest one in comand lol.
I'm looking for a new job right now so hopefully I'll find one with plenty of sick days.

How are your plans for Sakuracon going Fox?

Pirates Booty is a kind of snack chip kind of like cheetos, it has a stupid looking pirate on the front.

engrish
11-17-2002, 02:56 AM
I like Pirates Booty even though the cheese smell is kinda strong

Michi
11-17-2002, 03:34 AM
I always liked Fanime better... if I had to pass up one, I'd pass up AX. o_x; It's so big and impersonal sometimes, and a lot of my costumes have platforms so walking everywhere sucks.. Actually, my only costumes this year were 5 inch plats, barefoot, and 2' skinny heel on thin feet-pinching boots. x_x Sooooo.

I'm also biased with Fanime. ^_^; It was my first con in 2k and has a lot of memories, and I love the hotel and stuff. I dunno. *skitter*

Ukayoru no Chou
11-17-2002, 04:25 AM
Im with Michi... >_o I want to go to both so I can see some of the peeps who come out here just for that. But I really liked going to Fanime last year, and its easier avalible to me than Fanime..but I do have the option to going to AX..but it seems *to* big..>_>;;

videogirlc
11-17-2002, 04:42 PM
I like the fact that it' later. Mostly beacuse I'll be out of school won't have to deal with scholwork and costumes. And I have more time to work on costumes. The only problem is less spending money if I get to go to AX.

engrish
11-18-2002, 03:20 PM
Come on folks in today's economy maybe not being able to go to both isn't such a bad idea. ^_^ That's the logical side of my brain talking! The other side/ the anime side has different opinions but there's no need to mention that. :p