PDA

View Full Version : Princess Zelda Cosplay: Any material advice?

Hikarix
12-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Alright, so I'm planning to make a Princess Zelda costume for a con in March. Any advice on what type of material to use for the main white dress?
I don't want anything too shiny, wrinkly, ect, so regular broadcloth cotton or shiny bridal satin are out of the question.

I'm going for durability, quality, and authenticity, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

TR Rose
12-10-2009, 09:53 PM
I think you can't go wrong with Casa Satin.

I've used it for numerous princess dresses and it always gives an elegant look that doesn't come across as "cheap".

Katsumiyo
12-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Hikari, you might have the wrong impression about bridal satin. (TR, bridal satin is commonly the same thing as casa satin, also known as duchess satin.) Bridal satin hardly ever looks cheap--it's costume satin you have to avoid.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=98201
Here's the official Zelda thread. Lots of people in there ought to know how to help you. :)

Hikarix
12-11-2009, 04:24 PM
What I meant was that really shiny material they have in the Bridal section. The kind that wrinkles easily and glares light too much for good photos. I'll look into casa satin.

I actually saw a really good dress using a thick off-white linen material, so I might go for that.

akuriko
07-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I agree about casa satin. It's hard for me not to use that fabric, it's perfect on so many levels lol. It's only draw back is that it wrinkles easily. Otherwise, there are other heavier kinds of bridal satin that are matte, like satin peau, although that can get super expensive. ^ ^;