PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Chess The battle of Old School vs. New School

teddybomber005
12-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Cosplay Chess 2010! In honor of new beginnings and glorious ends Teddy Bomber and the MitchBot Minions are proud to be hosting the fourth annual Animazement Cosplay chess extravaganza. It is a trip down memory lane with Old School vs. New School.

After intense discussion and debate we have drawn the line at 1995. This is due to changes in style and production during this period and so that we can find enough cosplayers to fill up the old school side. To clarify...

If you are cosplaying from an Anime the Anime must have aired in 1995 or prior to be Old school.

If you are cosplaying directly from a Manga the Manga must be published 1995 or prior to be Old school.

If you are cosplaying from a Video Game the Video Game must have been released in 1995 or prior to be Old school.

Examples of Old school:

Anime: Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon, Bastard, Fushigi Yugi, Magic Knight Rayearth, Cardcaptor Sakura, Escaflowne, Outlaw Star, Evangelion, etc, etc, etc.

Manga: See above

Video Game: Tetris, Pong, Space Invaders, 8 bit Link, Pre-playstation Final fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Old mortal combat games, Blue Dragon,Duke Nukem, etc, etc, etc.

There are a lot more than this, we are just reminding you they exist and get you thinking of awesome cosplays.

What counts as new school? Anything that is not old school.

HOW TO APPLY:

Please send all of the following in one e-mail to:

azcosplaychess@gmail.com

Email Title should include the following in this format.

Character name, Real name, Source

Example:

Daphne Blake, Danielle Bishop, Scooby Doo

We need:

1. Your real name
2. Your character name
3. Where your character is from
4. A photo of your costume (it can be in progress)
5. Your cosplay.com or Animazment forum name so we can contact you.
We check cosplay.com A LOT more often.
6. Give an example, or several, of a taunt, attack, or death you might use.

We want to see that you can have fun with it, because if you have fun with it, it makes a better show for everyone. It also helps us decide who to use when more than one person applies as your character, or when we get a lot of applications.

You DO NOT need to know anything about chess in order to be in cosplay chess. We have chess masters for that. You just need to be in costume and

IF YOU DO NOT SEND A PHOTO OF YOUR COSTUME WE WILL DELETE YOUR APPLICATION FASTER THAN SPAM.

This is the main reason why people got rejected last year. All of this is to make it a more efficient process.

We do not send individual e-mail receipt letters. We will post who we have received e-mails from. This might take a little while to update so please be patient. Really only I will be checking e-mail, and this is my senior year at SCAD. I's be busy bee.

We don't send rejection letters or reasons why. There are too many applications to do this. We will e-mail you if you are accepted.

Look forward to seeing everyone at Cosplay Chess.

TeddyBomber and the MitchBot Minions.

teddybomber005
12-13-2009, 12:41 PM
List Of email I got.
1.salty
2.Zaverxi
3.Tigress
4.Hibiki-dono
5.BlackCatGodess
6.Lovelychristina
7.PuppetQueen
8.BlindCalliope
9. Foxberry
10.wpearlmermaid
11.Lovelychristina

theonlyangel77
12-14-2009, 04:21 PM
ah man, i want to do this but my costume wont be done (working on it for Katsucon!!)
do you think you possibly will have space left by then?? ( i am hoping to get it done before 2/1/10

liivingdeadgirl
12-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Same here. I need to hurry up I suppose. XD

Grav
12-20-2009, 02:56 PM
As previously stated the costume does not have to be 1005 completed before applying. There just has to be some progress and a photo of said progress so we know you are working on it and so far, looks like the character.

*Marzipan*
01-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Can we get an update on more of the applications you have received?

Thanks! ^_^

Aderyn
01-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Awwww! Some PS1 games count as "new school"? Boo.

Decade
01-11-2010, 03:34 PM
AWW CRAP. I just sent ther mail but forgot my cosplay .com name.

I'm the Decaorders email