PDA

View Full Version : Room Status as of 8/25/03

AM Chair
08-25-2003, 01:25 PM
Desert Inn: Still has 29 double rooms available, as well as previously reported singles

Town House: People jumped on these fairly quickly, still have some doubles left. Renovation efforts looking good and on schedule. New owners are pouring money into this motel

Inn of Lancaster: Reporting 85% occupancy, still has a few singles left.

AVI: Still completely booked, has a waiting list ( one person at last count) but get on it anyway. We are reviewing our guest line up this week, and may release some rooms.

aznaphrodite
08-25-2003, 01:35 PM
FYI to everyone...

I just called both Inn of Lancaster and Desert Inn. Here are the rates they gave me for Saturday night only:

Inn of Lancaster - $60
Desert Inn - $58

JoeBoeing
08-25-2003, 01:52 PM
You just had to post this, didn't you?

You couldn't have waited til I found a roomate, could you?

*plugs* Seriously people if you want a good deal I have an open bed and at 40 bucks a night you can stay with me.

I have a room at the AVI.

From,
Joe

P.S. Sorry, about posting this Revell but I really want to go to this con and I owe 2,300 bucks and if I don't have a roomate it means that no buying and no eating at the excellent restaraunt at the AVI.

From,
Joe

AM Chair
08-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Hey Becca,
Gonna do that garage kit panel again?

AM Chair
08-25-2003, 02:16 PM
P.S. Sorry, about posting this Revell but I really want to go to this con and I owe 2,300 bucks and if I don't have a roomate it means that no buying and no eating at the excellent restaraunt at the AVI.

From,
Joe

Sorry about your problem, big guy. I'm sure you'll get somebody soon, but it's gonna be tight for you while the rooms fill up. And again, you really shouldn't have made fun of everyone else a while back.....

JoeBoeing
08-25-2003, 03:23 PM
I was joking and I even put the smiley face in my post but it didn't come out when it got posted.

I even put, "seriously though" which is a sign of joking.

Everytimne I spend close to 10 min typing up a post the board east it. so I have to retype and I forget simple things like smily's.

From,
Joe

Psychotic Jei
08-25-2003, 03:30 PM
I'm kinda blegh about the Townhouse. I called the day after it was posted about their rates, and according to them they had already booked up the rooms they were giving at the 55 rate.

Raider3
08-26-2003, 04:42 AM
FYI to everyone...

I just called both Inn of Lancaster and Desert Inn. Here are the rates they gave me for Saturday night only:

Inn of Lancaster - $60
Desert Inn - $58
Hmm, then I should be just fine and dandy for 3 nights (Thur. check in, Sun. check out) at Desert Inn, since I got in on the room block there. (and having spent about $99 per night for Fanime, it's cool... In fact, I'll have this paid off on my card by the time October rolls around.)

Now, if only gas prices would hurry up and get back to normal. (As in below $2 per gallon... gah... $25 to fill up tank is a pain, especially if I'll have to lay out $100 for the trip to and from Lancaster on gas alone...)

Hmm, now that I look back, I booked a double bed room, so my costs may be higher. On the other hand, if any friends I know are in a pinch and need crash space, I can do the Good Samaritan thing again, but I'm drawing the line at 4 people *total* in the room. No way do I want a repeat of AX this year. ^_^;

AM Chair
08-26-2003, 09:10 AM
Raider, that $58.00 covers a double bed room with 1-4 occupancy. Be a samaritan , but charge your buddies for the space. or they will be counting on you for a free space all the time.

Eurobeat King
08-27-2003, 02:53 AM
I called the AVI and checked my room status, and everything is all set. :) I also added Thursday night, even though I won't be getting there until 3-4am that night before the con. :thumbsup: Last year I got there around that time, it was frickin' freezing! BRRR! So this year when I get there, dead-tired after driving down to Lancaster by myself, I'm checking into my room, putting my luggage and FC3S-costume in the room, and then sleeeeping until the morning. Then after the breakfast (it's still FREE for each night, right Revell??) I'll begin setting up the window-decoration before trying to look for people. :D

AM Chair
08-27-2003, 03:03 AM
Yes, technically it's free, but all you're getting now is continental. They killed the eggs and sausage thing.

Eurobeat King
08-27-2003, 03:27 AM
Awwww, those eggs & sausages were delish!! :bigtu: I wonder if they'll still be on the menu, and I wouldn't mind paying extra to add to the "continental" b-fast since I think the con-goers who will be there FR morning will NEED their enerugi for the big day ahead.. ;)

Raider3
08-27-2003, 04:19 AM
Raider, that $58.00 covers a double bed room with 1-4 occupancy. Be a samaritan , but charge your buddies for the space. or they will be counting on you for a free space all the time.

Of course, Revell, even though I have the feeling I'll most likely have the room to myself, barring any last-minute surprises, I can work out whatever splits from $180 are necessary. I'm a nice guy, but I have to draw the line somewhere. Maybe I should have rephrased that last post a little better. ^_^;

Fortunately, getting everyones' share of room splits from Fanime this year came in handy over that weekend, but I've done the double bed room all to myself thing back in 2000 for Fanime. (And then made up for it by staying at my sisters' in-laws the following year, enduring a 20-25 minute commute across the Santa Clara/San Jose/Campbell area of the Silicon Valley from the house I was staying at to the hotel site. I guess I can feel for the local folks at a con, in terms of planning travel time to get from one place to another.

(Come to think of it, if there's 4 people in a room for all three days, $45 per person isn't too bad. I can be amazingly self-contained, even when I'm in a room all to myself, since it saves me time in having to check the hanger rack, bathroom, night stand and drawers to make sure I haven't left anything behind.)

AM Chair
08-27-2003, 09:05 AM
Awwww, those eggs & sausages were delish!! :bigtu: I wonder if they'll still be on the menu, and I wouldn't mind paying extra to add to the "continental" b-fast since I think the con-goers who will be there FR morning will NEED their enerugi for the big day ahead.. ;)

Yes they are still on the menu and at a decent price. But enjoy them while you can...it might be the last chance to enjoy them there, if ya know what I mean ;)

Raider3
08-28-2003, 02:14 AM
That's what I can do on Thursday, if nothing else after checking in, checking on pre-con stuff... Scope out places to eat in the area once again.