PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any new costumes to debuet at AM?

JoeBoeing
08-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone is debueting any new costumes this AM? Ifso, what are they?

I only have my Kero-chan pajamas as a new costume... but that really isn't must of a costume.

Okay, so what are you going to debuet at AM?

From,
Joe

ZiggyB
08-25-2003, 04:06 PM
debut

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=debut

mochihead
08-25-2003, 04:20 PM
ZiggyB: Love you and your dictionary! XD

Joe: 4 new costumes for AM. *laughs* I don't get to cosplay often, so I'm taking advantage of it! Of course, no one is going to recognize me as I'm going to be obscure character lady!

Youshi - Giant Robo
Woman in Red - Matrix
Cake the Mouse Girl - original character by Merle-kun (Jason Balduf)
Original Henshin/Sentai character (see my avatar)

Chanté
08-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Singer/Popstar Rikku - Final Fantasy X
Kasumi (blue seifuku) - Dead or Alive 3

^_^

Michi
08-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Asamiya Athena, ikimasu!

('96 version and possibly KOF 2k2 striker/Psycho Soldier version~)

BlueLady
08-25-2003, 07:58 PM
3 costumes..buit i swear if i write em i wont finish em...

Tenshi
08-25-2003, 08:46 PM
Pepper (Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar)
Kaze no Pretear (Shin Shirayuki Hime Densetsu Pretear)

Which reminds me. . .::goes back to handsewing wingsies for her Sugar group ^^;;::

Eliza
08-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Well, my chaos costume has been completely rehauled so I'm basically doing a new costume of him... but I've cosplayed him before.

But other than that, I'm also doing the swimsuit version, which I haven't before.

I *want* to do Salt, from Snowfairy Sugar, but I doubt I have time to finish him.

Nadeshiko
08-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Ziggy: Amen to that.

Eh...me? Osaka from Azumanga Daioh.

LiL QoH
08-26-2003, 12:08 PM
Two! ;) Im not going to say what though :B

JoeBoeing
08-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Here are some very early in-progress pics of my Kero-chan pajamas / costume... using the very best fleece that JoAnn's had and it was marked down to 8 bucks a yard (normally 12 bucks a yard) plus I had a 40% of coupon.

I got 7 and 1/4 yard of it.

*feels like an idiot because he was in a hurry and forgot the link*
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=4996&ppuser=145

From,
Joe

RoseDuelist
08-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Hopefully Lum, but I am slowly realizing that may be a bit too much skin for me to show. But if I alter it a bit I might be able to brave it. ^_^

And of course my BR and my revised Team Rocket.

katnap007
08-26-2003, 04:11 PM
I'll be bringing Kagura from Fruits basket ~~ & I think Shonen_star has something special planned.
^_0
Hehe Ziggy, I love your avatar!

ZiggyB
08-26-2003, 05:29 PM
mochihead: Oooh! Love women in red dresses. ;-) Can't wait to see all of your costumes. :>

bananaluvs: Yay! Kasumi. You know, I think I saw you and your friend in your Squall SeeD uniform and ballroom Rinoa costumes at... AX I think?

Yay Kasumi! We should get a Dead or Alive group together for AM. :) I'll have my Zack. :D

Nadeshiko: Thank ya. :> Oh! Moo will be happy to hear it. :)

RoseDuelist: Yay! Check out this thread if you're bored. ;-)

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=19434

katnap007: And I love yours! That's such a cool picture! :D It'll be great to see you guys again. :> Is everyone from your FFVIII group gonna be at AM?

Catboi Blues
08-26-2003, 05:43 PM
Yes. All of my outfits are new. Some were down-right a pain in the arse to make though.

BTW Joe, good deal with the material. Wish I were that lucky at times.

RoseDuelist
08-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Ziggy- How inspirational. :) Makes me feel better actually. lol

Maryssa
08-26-2003, 09:35 PM
i;ll have one or two... probably anime sailorvenus and i have been trying for princess venus for a long long time...

Moon Prince
08-26-2003, 11:21 PM
@_@

Hizashigumi - Kiseiki no Kane Sakura Wars Reni
Duke - Shonen Red Sakura Wars
Charlotte- Samurai Shodown
Zaki and Ran - Project Justice.

got to get my @$$ is gear.

KimikoChan
08-27-2003, 12:57 AM
Hmm, should be battle royale girl #10, oneesan from BR and zelda as the newest costumes. Oh yeah and DUH.. makino from hana yori dango *how could i forget*

Lisa Honeychan
08-27-2003, 01:23 AM
For me:

Sakura Taisen: Kiseki No Kane *Kanna*
Rival Schools: Natsu

Raider3
08-27-2003, 03:22 AM
If I can get off my butt within the next 3 or 4 weeks, get the material, work out the designs, and just sew, sew, sew, I'll have my 4th actual (and first actual sewn) costume ready for Ani-Magic.

I'm continuing my signature Tanaka from Otaku No Video theme with Tanaka as Char Aznable (Gundam One Year War era.). I guess the Red Comet grew on me.

positivespace
08-27-2003, 03:41 AM
I think everyone has heard from me already, but just in case...

Black Mage Paine - FFX-2
and if you want to get technical...

Random Student - Battle Royale 2
(but I basically bought all of it... so it's not like I'm actually putting a ton of effort into it.. unless you count shopping and making the collar.)

ZiggyB
08-27-2003, 04:18 AM
Oh, just to get in on the Sakura Taisen goodness (waves to Moon P rince and Lisa Honeychan), my new costumes for Ani-Magic will be:

Shonen Red (The Red Lad) - Sakura Taisen OVA

And either my remade Battle Suit Ohgami (Sakura Taisen) or Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors). I can probably only have one ready for AM not both. :/

K_Valentine
08-28-2003, 02:53 PM
Kenji Murasame (Giant Robo)
Yuichi Kayama (Sakura Taisen)
Ghost? (Matrix Reloaded)

Whatever else I feel like finishing before AM.

ZiggyB
08-28-2003, 04:43 PM
K_Valentine: Oh hey! That's great, we'll see you at the ST gathering, if we can ever figure out when/where it is. :)

Yuna
08-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Hizashigumi "Kiseki no Kane" Angels : Sumire

And maybe Mikoto! but I may wear to the camp out so thusly she wouldn't be new =x

Aya Mizu
08-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Hizashigumi stuff
USA Musume stuff
Shonen Red stuff.

There you go. Heehee!
:angel:

Moon Prince
08-28-2003, 11:52 PM
Ziggy: the regular ST gathering will be after the Cosplay Karaoke show on Friday night. ^_^

At least that's what we are planning for! Don't know when the Shonen Red gathering is set for.

Lisa Honeychan
08-31-2003, 04:15 PM
We were talking (Tristen Citrine and myself) that maybe Saturday AM till 2pm or so would be a good time for the Shonen Red Sakura Taisen gathering. Anyone have a better time??? Anyone??? ^__^

Moon Prince
09-01-2003, 02:14 PM
If 2pm is good for you and TC, then it's good for me! Hehe...

Lisa Honeychan
09-01-2003, 03:22 PM
We'd have to END our part of the gathering at 2, tho...I'm thinking meet say 10 or 11 am????

L to the 3rd
09-15-2003, 01:47 AM
I only have time and money for one costume -
simon belmont from castlevania chronicles.

allyunion
09-15-2003, 05:35 AM
I have a Jim Hawking costume... but I have no wig for it... the costume is complete, save the wig... Hmm... should it bring it?

Tenshi
09-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Ok, scratch out Pretear and put down Lena from Shamanic Princess. Well, hopefully. . .providing I can get this wig colored in time ^^;;.

khamryn
09-15-2003, 06:19 PM
>.>; Late comer as usual.. heh.

3 new costumes, 1 old..

Loki (Matantei Loki Ragnarok), Riku (Kingdom Hearts, fanart version :p), Krelian (Xenogears Solaris version).. and bringing the Unknown from KH as well.

Karisu-sama
09-15-2003, 07:17 PM
I expect my family will have no new costumes for AM. With all the shit in my life right now with a friend going suddenly homeless / getting screwed 16 ways by The System, and us taking in her kid as a foster child, in addition to my usual life-eating job and the endless stuff to deal with MY kids, I have NO time to make anything at the moment. Absolutely none. I'm just barely hanging on right now. -_-

ZiggyB
09-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Karisu-sama: Hey, don't worry about having new costumes. I'll be good just to see you guys running around.

Not like it's a hard thing to do since you're 10 min away from my office, but still. ;-) You know what I mean. :)

Gundam_MkIII
09-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Hmm, im really only gonna have one new costume done by AM, and thats gonna be my Shcool Uniform Tao Ren Costume.

Miaka No Baka
09-15-2003, 08:36 PM
since i didn't go to jtaf, I'll have these new ones:

Ichigo battle costume (tokyo mew mew)
Minto battle costume (tokyo mew mew)
Makimachi Misao different style (rurouni kenshin)

That's all so far, minto I'm dragging on with forever it seems lol. Ichigo is coming along nicely just almost got the bodice done, then there's making the skirt, the gloves, and the sleeve thingies and the choker and the garder then I should be done.

Miaka no Baka

Vani
09-23-2003, 06:53 PM
I'll be going as SELPHIEEEE!! my second costume ever! lol Nothing special, but it sounds like you guys are all having some cool stuff that you're putting together!!^^ Can't wait to see!!^^

Suzushichan
09-24-2003, 12:05 AM
~Integra (hellsing)
~Wallmarket Vincent (FF7)
~ and a suprise super-creepy costume from Devil may cry...:D you guys will just have to wait to see it. ^^
but the other costumes I'm bringing are;
Aeris, Rinoa, Team Rocket, Inu Yasha, and um...that's it for now, I think.

Tetsugyu
09-24-2003, 05:03 AM
No new debut aside from a rushed Tomoe Musashi costume. And one BIG suprise. ;)

Mink
09-24-2003, 10:19 AM
Oh boy... looks like right now Im going to be debuting Shampoo from Ranma (wig done, pants done, need to finish shirt) Kaguya hime from the second Inuyasha movie (wig done, stuff cut out), Ryoko from Tenchi (materials bought), and schoolboy Utena from the Utena movie (wig done, shirt done but I get to redo the pants) and am bringing Fire Pixie and Kagome. *takes a breath*

Then this weekend because I am such a crazy mo fo I have decided to make my brother a costume (Hotsuma the space pirate who travels with Ryoko in the third Tenchi series) and *hopefully* will persuade him, Benda, and Lady Vash to do some Ranma cosplaying. (Only because I have the perfect Ryoga wig and fabric, Benda looks just like Uyko and I have the fabric for an Akane schoolgirl outfit.)

Crazy?! Why yes I am. My biggest worry right now is my ryoko wig. And the fact that once again I have ditched out on Political science...grrrr 8 in the morning is just too darn early for a class.

Marth
09-24-2003, 04:39 PM
this is my first time cosplaying...

click on the attachment... ;-)

quite possibly one of the funniest cosplays EVER!!!!!!

When I put on the wig I can't help but to laugh my ass off! XD

ai no hoshi
09-25-2003, 03:44 AM
my new one is windwaker link! yay!
also, some old stuff:
chii
mai (kof)
steel angel kurumi
my original fighter girl (it's old, but i haven't worn it to a con before, so it's kinda new)
and a surprise o.O

tenshi: will your sugar group be in the masquerade?

Chas
09-25-2003, 10:52 PM
New costumes for AM '03 are:

Kimihiro Tsutsui [Hikaru No Go]
Kimura Kouichi [Digimon Frontier]
Kanbara Takuya -Girl!Version- [Digimon Frontier]
Kinosita Minami [Fruits Basket]

Wow. Thatsa lotta 'K's. XDDDD

Dawn
09-26-2003, 11:33 PM
if i can go on the day i planned-- which i hope I can ;_;-- i'll be debuting my Loki costume from Matantei Loki Ragnarok. It's chibi Loki ^^ i want to take pictures with Khamryn. hee hee ^_^

Eveil
09-27-2003, 03:16 AM
if i can go on the day i planned-- which i hope I can ;_;-- i'll be debuting my Loki costume from Matantei Loki Ragnarok. It's chibi Loki ^^ i want to take pictures with Khamryn. hee hee ^_^

Which day? :o
hate to ask, but...I think I might need a ride @_@

Dawn
09-27-2003, 09:43 AM
saturday ^^; ano, I don't have any solid plans yet, but i let you know.

Freya
09-27-2003, 01:01 PM
New costumes I "plan" to debut are:

Yuki Sohma (winter school uniform)-Fruits Basket
Kamiya Kaoru-Rurouni Kenshin

The Kaoru one is only hinged upon two things; if I find a pink ribbon and decide to be ghetto because I'm wearing a "pre-made" kimono.

cactusmomma
09-27-2003, 07:01 PM
new cos's pour moi: :D

King (King of Fighters 2000)
King ('98 cartridge cover art)
Midnight Bliss Ryu (SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos)

Michi
09-27-2003, 07:40 PM
Okay change of plans..

New costumes are

- Asamiya Athena (The King of Fighters '99)
- Asamiya Athena (The King of Fighters '98 special dress to match King o.o)

and thaaaat's it.

Miaka No Baka
09-27-2003, 08:51 PM
ok change of plans for me as well ^_^;
no minto from tokyo mew mew. (too lazy to finish haha)

So the new stuff will be:

Ichigo battle costume (tokyo mew mew)
Makimachi Misao (rurouni kenshin manga style a new different type)
and my yukata. ^_^;

maybe one more if time/money permits. Don't wanna say unless i can get fabric, and start sewing up a storm to finish it in time.

Miaka no Baka