PDA

View Full Version : How is Animazement?

wolf_chan
12-15-2009, 11:47 PM
This is my first time attending a con, cosplaying, ect.
I'm scared at the fact that I'll be going alone because none of my friends are into this stuff.
Hopefully I'll meet some nice people on here and at AZ. (:

So, could someone tell me what happens at AZ, I've read the website, but I'd like to hear from people who've actually been.

Enzera87
12-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Lol, let's just say you won't regret going! First time I went to AZ, I was a little nervous but once you walk threw the doors you will know that you can die happy. This is my third time going back to my favorite con. The environment and people are amazing and there is never a boring moment. I took my sister last year and it was her first time going, she still thanks me for taking her. ^^

Fo'real you'll love it! Just remember to bring a camera to capture all of it.

Grav
12-20-2009, 01:54 PM
AZ is a great con, especially for first time con goers. It's very friendly, and has more diverse panels than even some of the much larger conventions. It was my first con and now I co-host the annual cosplay chess event. You should go see it, cosplayers are used as chess pieces and hilarity ensues.

Even if you can't get any friends to go, you will end up with some new ones by the end of the weekend, and you know you'll have some things in common.

cyriades
12-30-2009, 08:20 PM
I totally agree with the above posters. The atmosphere at AZ is amazing, and I'm sure you'll make great friends. There's plenty to do at AZ. Lots of great panels, meeting new people, seeing great cosplays, hanging out in the dealer's room and game room, and random character moments :crylaugh:

Ulqorimiforever
12-31-2009, 06:51 PM
You will love AZ. The people and staff are very friendly and the events are very enjoyable. Trust me when I say u will make a bunch of friends by the end of the convention.

Aderyn
01-01-2010, 11:14 AM
You'll love AZ. This will be my fourth year going and even though I live out in Wyoming now, I still make the pilgrimage back to AZ every year. You'll make lots of friends quickly, sometimes depending on your cosplay. I know some people try to get cosplay groups together but they're lacking one person, or just want more of that kind of costume, then they see you. Then it becomes like a giant lasso. And if that doesn't happen, the game room is always a great place to meet people, or just any kind of panel. You'll even find friends on the AZ forums.

*Marzipan*
01-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Like everyone above said, AZ con goers are typically extremely nice. I love going and I haven't met a rude or mean person yet! This will be fourth year too! :D

quadrain61
01-02-2010, 01:21 PM
AZ is a special con (in a good way), people are more sociable and the con is quite relaxed compared to northern cons. Great way to meet people is get into the lines, oddly a great meet and greet method.

godmi
01-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Actually, AZ is probably the best con to go to if you're new to conventions. It's easy to find your way around and everyone is very friendly. :] If you ever want someone to hang out with, just sit down and start a conversation. Anybody will be willing to talk.

chevron694
01-07-2010, 02:40 AM
This is my first time attending a con, cosplaying, ect.
I'm scared at the fact that I'll be going alone because none of my friends are into this stuff.
Hopefully I'll meet some nice people on here and at AZ. (:

So, could someone tell me what happens at AZ, I've read the website, but I'd like to hear from people who've actually been.

WOW, you choose a good one I been going for 6 years now and all I can say is She my first she my last she my everything lol. Its a wild crazy experience and the only way to describe it is you got to live it. I mean watch peoples hands and watch out for random glompers nothing bad just need good footing. Bring your camera and a charger, but Proper to be broke afterward and very tired meet new friends and see oddity you'll see no were else in the world. Thats some advice I impart to you o and watch out for the cutey cat eared security guard lol

KisaraMomochi
01-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Hey i've been going for two years now!, its amazing! fit to be called animazement seriously. If you want to room with some people so you wont be alone, your welcome to room with me and my friends. We range from ages 15-16 to the oldest being 18-19. We're all fun to be around! we'll be going from thursday thru friday. XD also no worries. Theres more girls then guys, and most guys are gay, and the straight are taken! ;)

wolf_chan
01-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Haha, thanks so much everyone for the advice. XD I've been posting on the AZ boards frequently. I'm sure some of you might know me. ;)

and @Kisara thanks for the offer but I don't need anywhere to stay since I live 30 minuets away at most.