PDA

View Full Version : First time Cosplaying! ^^

Yggdrasil Pie
05-25-2002, 07:14 PM
I went last year to AX and I saw so many people in costumes. It looked fun. ^_^
It's my first time cosplaying this year! I'm going as Umi Ryuuzaki from Magic Knights Rayearth.

It would be great to have some tips, so I won't look like a total newbie or idiot.. :D

Adella
06-06-2002, 05:41 AM
Wigs work best I've found out. Although that's just my opinion. Um.. Anime Expo is my favorite place to cosplay because it was my first experience too. It's like.. so huge you can really get into your character and make believe you're them. Lol that's just the kid in me I guess.

Third-child
06-06-2002, 11:37 AM
Um.. Be your self.. and let people take pictures of you! Other than that enjoy!

Yggdrasil Pie
06-06-2002, 06:08 PM
Thank you! ^_^

I want to get a wig, but they're so expensive...
I had to settle with dying my hair...

At least it'll stay blue all summer! ^_^

Adella
06-12-2002, 11:24 PM
goodness. THAT is dedication. You deserve cookies!!! ^^

Rosiel
06-14-2002, 11:54 PM
My advice is very boring... remember to eat regularly and hydrate yourself as often a possible. =)

Yggdrasil Pie
06-15-2002, 01:02 AM
Ba...nana?

Bananas make me feel weird.

Luna
06-19-2002, 10:34 PM
Get a wig, you can get a cheap one, blue is not all that hard to find, besides, you can get a cheap one and style it the way you want, just don't burn it... if you stil thinking or dying your hair - there is a dye out there that only will stay for 6 weeks or so, or get a color spray - but be prepared - if you get sweaty - your dye will be on your face, hands and your costume, don't get under the rain as well! It's a lot of pain, get a wig.

Yggdrasil Pie
06-19-2002, 10:41 PM
Do you know where I can get a cheap wig then...?

I tried to look for one but most wigs range from 40-50 dollars when I find them. They aren't even the color I wanted...@_@

Luna
06-19-2002, 10:53 PM
Hmm... Go to Costume Help section of the Forum, then click on Wig topics, people posted some helpful links there.
What I did, is went to Yahoo Search and typed "cheap pink wig" I've got pretty much everything that is out there on the web...lol. Here is the link to the wigs that cost from 16.95 - to 40.00
http://www.decodermot.com/wigs.htm

Another one:
http://www.dannystrixkix.com/

This one is my favourite - wigs start from $11.00 Excellent! LOL!
http://www.steppinoutcostumes.com/catalog/html/long_wigs.html

Yggdrasil Pie
06-19-2002, 11:13 PM
Wai! Thank you very much! ^_^

Now...I hope they can ship the wigs to me by AX... ^_^;;;

How long do you think it will take them to send it to me?

Luna
06-20-2002, 12:38 AM
Hurry up and order now, my wig was backordered for about 3 days, then they send it and it was a wrong one, I am still waiting for it in the mail, hopefully it will make it here this week. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I think 2 weeks is ok, you can always find out if they have it in stock first and then order.
Good Luck!

Yggdrasil Pie
06-20-2002, 12:47 AM
Okay! Thanks again!

Jgo Factor
06-12-2004, 02:00 AM
It doesn't hurt to remember a few poses the character your cosplaying as has just in case someone would like to take a picture of you.

GTC
06-12-2004, 02:10 AM
I've gone to expo since 2002 and this year I finally decided to cosplay for real(procrastination sux sometimes). You will see me there as James Sunderland from SH2 (if all goes well) and Tommy Vercetti from Vice City. Hopefully everyone reading this will take lots of pictures of me. YEAH!