PDA

View Full Version : Otaku-Rehab 2010 CosPlay Gathering

Nin10do Nick
12-17-2009, 05:15 AM
Sometimes you just need a day.

Do you really need 4 full days of a anime convention? Okay, maybe once or twice a year. Otaku•Rehab 1 day and night to get you to the next one.

Spend the day with your fellow otaku in the park. Be a part of the first anime event in Ventura County right off the 101 in Newbury Park, CA. Meet up, play, eat, pose, dance, & more!

Similar to other CosPlay Gatherings, Otaku•Rehab will be host to Photographers, included food and drinks, games, and prizes; along side a number of great shooting locations. Plus Otaku•Rehab doesn't end when the sun sets, that's when the dance begins in the auditorium! (6-11pm) Guest DJs will be announced closer to date.

We have two free pre-event pot-luck gatherings Jan 30th and in March; with the main event May 22nd (early registration is $10). Hope to see you there!

Much more information is available on the Otaku-Rehab.com (http://www.otaku-rehab.com) site.

Otaku•Rehab is part of the MikomiCon Group which hosts MikomiCore at CSU Northridge Nov 2010. See MikomiCon.com (http://www.MikomiCon.com) for information regarding both Otaku•Rehab and MikomiCore.

iaShakezula
01-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi there guys, I was talking to Robert at the booth at AnimeLA.I know he was selling the 10.00 registration but I didnt get to buy the ticket there.I was too busy.

I know May 22 is still quiet away and Newbury park is abit of a drive for me and I will be busy getting ready for AX.
So till when is the 10.00 registration fee?

Era Shika
01-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Dude, my school is right by there! Me and my bf are so there! I will be Kurumu Kurono from Rosario+Vampire. How do we pay early registration?

MokubaKaiba
01-30-2010, 02:40 AM
wow i just found out about this now!! ahaha i'll try and come! im glad theres a gathering so close by i live in T.O. :3

Nekoofdeath
02-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Ah. This was fun. I will have to get up my pictures on here...after I turn some of them in for a grade in my photo class of course xD
Can't wait for next time.

Super No 1
02-21-2010, 02:49 AM
Finally got my photos up from this event. Had to get Anime LA done first.

http://www.super-no1.com/otakurehab0110/

otaku_drea
02-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Interesting. I been to mikomicon but i never heard of otakurehab till just now xD
we shall consider. :)
so its two free pre-events, and then the final event in may? We will be getting ready for anime expo, so idk about money xD even tho its only $10 :/

iaShakezula
03-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah , they had a booth at AnimeLA promoting this event.It looks like the event is pretty much an all day almost.

Nin10do Nick
04-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Hey everyone, Otaku-Rehab's web host is having a hard time right now D:
So until it gets resolved, the new news is that we have just confirmed our guest DJs for the Otaku-Rehab Dance.

dj's
DJ Amaya
Do Not Feed the DJ
DJ TomSpace
DJ Helsing

And if you register online by May 9th, you will be entered into a early registration drawing for a prize pack donated by PMX.

iaShakezula
05-01-2010, 09:48 AM
you guys dont have a lot of traffic here.

A lot of the cosplayers are going to the South Cal Cosplay Picnic on the 8th.Even Chaz is going to that.Your date is the weekend before Fanime.

Alot of cosplayer going to Fanime will be busy getting ready.

I will be very busy myself, so I dont know if I can support you guys

LonelyOtaku
05-03-2010, 02:08 AM
ill see if i can get off of work. i REALLY need a day of fun.

Endymia
05-04-2010, 03:09 AM
I had a card handed to me at the Bak-Anime(my first convention!) and I just about died, I've always wanted to do one of these things! I'm hoping to be able to go! But.. right now its just up in the air!~

xShadow-Lightx
05-05-2010, 01:24 AM
NICK! when do we register. you know Ginga is going and you know me and clone might be draging along but yea..

GingaDreamer
05-09-2010, 02:42 PM
I've planned on going for a while, but I completely forgot the registration fee. I could give you twenty when we get there, and bring things like Soda, my mini grill, hamburgers, and various other things you guys might need. ^^'

Toshi_Riku
05-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Its a week before Fanime so I prob. won't make it =/

hayatecrawford
05-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Since I can't go to Fanime, yup I will join Otaku Rehab to hold me off till AX XD

Nin10do Nick
05-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Just a reminder in case you dont check the site, because the site was offline late yesterday, I extended the Registration contest till midnight tonight. Also online registration will stay open till Thursday before the event.
Also the raffle prizes and info will be posted with the prize winner's name.

Plus after talking with some people at SoCal, I'm offering a late arrival Dance only reg of $10. So if you decide late that you want to come just for the dance, you wont have to pay the higher @door rate. (but we aren't going to be feeding you)

Kitty
05-18-2010, 12:27 AM
OOOOOOSU Nick kuuuun ! Yo its Kitty *^__^*! I had a qusetion, I want me and my boy to go but we dont want to eat will I be able to pay the late reg ? If not its cool I just want to go and have fun since Fanime is a bust fr me this year . Cant wait to see you <3

madkap42
05-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Limited time only- first come, first served!

I'm Eri-chan, and I need help getting from Tarzana, CA, to Otaku Rehab! I need a ride for my brother, my husband, and me. We thought we could make it by bus, but the buses to Newbury Park don't run on weekends! :waaaah:

I know it's short notice, so I have a reward ready! The first person(s) to arrange and confirm pick-up will get free registration for the event ($10-15 value)!

NOTE: Registration confirmation will be given upon arrival at the event. No-shows will not get the reward! (Limit two.)

There will be cosplay, entertainment, goodies, and all kinds of fun stuff, so please, please, PLEASE help us out! You won't regret it!

Tobias Night
05-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Soooo how do I register since both websites for this thing are down? I'd like to go, but it is nearly a 2hr. drive for me...and is registration still $10 dollars? Talked to one of the guys at the SoCal Cosplay Gathering about this event, but can't make any solid plans since I don't know the exact details.

FullMetal Ninja
05-20-2010, 12:14 AM
I'll be there!

madkap42
05-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Pre-reg is still $10.00, and at-gate is $15.00. I found out when I emailed the planners for the event. Either way, I will pay for anyone who helps me and my group get there! (Otherwise, I will have to take two buses over a period of two hours, and then walk five miles the rest of the way, and be stranded when the event is over.)

Channeth
05-20-2010, 03:09 AM
I'm looking for a ride back to the L.A. Area afterward. Can anyone help me out?
I'd be more than willing to fork over some gas money.

inuashley
05-20-2010, 05:11 PM
The website is down and I'd like to pre-register, is there anyone I can email for that? Thanks.

SabienStrange
05-20-2010, 06:17 PM
so the site's back up,
but since it was down during the deadline times,
the registration section has been crossed out.
i have a friend who wants to go, but because it was down she wasn't able to,
and i'm sure she wasn't the only one.
is there anything we can do ? o xo

MyCosPlayPhotos
05-20-2010, 08:18 PM
What are the hours since the web site is down?

madkap42
05-21-2010, 03:29 AM
so the site's back up,
but since it was down during the deadline times,
the registration section has been crossed out.
i have a friend who wants to go, but because it was down she wasn't able to,
and i'm sure she wasn't the only one.
is there anything we can do ? o xo

Once again, I will pay registration fees for up to two people generous enough to drive me and my two party members to the event and home again afterwards. If you would rather be paid gas money directly, this too is negotiable. Name your price. There is only one day left and I am desperate! Please help!

SabienStrange
05-21-2010, 06:58 AM
madkap : that's very sweet of you to offer,
but unfortunately i'm already picking up a full carload of folks,
and i doubt the local authorities would be happy about me shoving you in the trunk of my car.
i hope you manage to work something out rideshare wise though.
best of luck to you!

FullMetal Ninja
05-21-2010, 03:08 PM
the site is still down for me

FullmetalGRL
05-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Limited time only- first come, first served!

I'm Eri-chan, and I need help getting from Tarzana, CA, to Otaku Rehab! I need a ride for my brother, my husband, and me. We thought we could make it by bus, but the buses to Newbury Park don't run on weekends! :waaaah:

I know it's short notice, so I have a reward ready! The first person(s) to arrange and confirm pick-up will get free registration for the event ($10-15 value)!

NOTE: Registration confirmation will be given upon arrival at the event. No-shows will not get the reward! (Limit two.)

There will be cosplay, entertainment, goodies, and all kinds of fun stuff, so please, please, PLEASE help us out! You won't regret it!

I was wondering if you still needed a ride? Your pretty much on my way over there. Sent you a PM let me know. :)

Rostao
05-21-2010, 08:58 PM
if you had trouble registering, PM me by midnight and i'll put you on a list to be charged the pre-reg price at the door.

Rostao
05-21-2010, 08:59 PM
hours are 10AM - 11:30PM. yes we have a dance at night.

madkap42
05-22-2010, 12:22 AM
I got a ride! Whoo-hoo!

Go, Black Vash!

But thank you for offering, Fullmetal. That's very kind. (I already promised to pay reg for one of his friends in return, so I'm already fully committed- sorry!)

Taka Dono
05-22-2010, 02:34 AM
Soooo how do I register since both websites for this thing are down? I'd like to go, but it is nearly a 2hr. drive for me...and is registration still $10 dollars? Talked to one of the guys at the SoCal Cosplay Gathering about this event, but can't make any solid plans since I don't know the exact details.

$15.00 at the door.

PENCE the PAWN
05-01-2011, 05:50 AM
OMG!!! I WAS SO THERE!!! ALSO!!! I volunteer at the Borchard Parks Recreation Center!!! It was so cool!!!

Many people say that I'm making all of this stuff up!!!! I'M NOT!!!

HERE'S A LINK TO MY PHOTOS AT THE EVENT!!!

http://theautomobile.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=120#/d2v3igj

If I wasn't there...you wouldn't see photos of me in cosplay, at the recreational center.

Also, I wouldn't know what the event was called...so there you have it.

Proof!!!! A picture is worth a thousand words....GOT IT MEMORIZED?