PDA

View Full Version : DC Cosplay!

Kiarrens
12-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Wow... saw the Marvel one and figured there MUST be a DC one already, but a search turned up no results, so..... here goes!

Anyone else have a DC comics cosplay? I know I've seen some Supergirls and Wonder Women on here!

I did Arisia from the Green Lantern Corps, sort of a mixmatch though. I used her longer hair from later (ie current) comics but the general costume design from First Flight (didn't feel like baring that much skin up front.... O.o).

Dazzle chan
12-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Poison Ivy.

Musicalpencil
12-17-2009, 05:26 PM
None yet, but I may do a Cheshire cosplay. Though haven't had much luck on finding a full body shot that shows more than one side.

MagiFox
12-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Any Teen Titans cosplay would be a definate maybe for me, mainly the animated versions because they look a little bit more recognisable for me. And, of couse, my fave girls of Batman: Harley Quinn (her usual outfit from B:TAS) and Catwoman (Batman Returns outfit, 'cause it looks like a cool challenge to tackle!)

Poison Ivy would be another, but I'm not too keen on my body type. If I did ever cosplay her, I'd do her version from The Batman animated series because I actually loved her with short hair.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/thumb/e/ee/Poison_Ivy_(Cartoons)_006.jpg/180px-Poison_Ivy_(Cartoons)_006.jpg

Oh, and Batman Beyond. Now, that is an awesome costume to tackle! The designs for the Riddler and Scarecrow from the Arkham Asylum video game look really cool too.

kelldar
12-17-2009, 10:08 PM
DC costumes are so fun :) I've done 4 versions of Wonder Woman (regular style, Alex Ross style, Kingdom Come battle armor, and Ame-Comi), 2 Black Canary costumes, Zatanna, 2 Poison Ivys (one "regular" and one Ame-Comi), Huntress, 2 Starfires (cartoon version and comic version). I want to do a Batgirl and another Wonder Woman sometime soon, along with fixing up my "regular" version of Wonder Woman for next year.

jianna
12-17-2009, 10:59 PM
One of my dream costumes is Lady Blackhawk (http://www.hembeck.com/Images/FredSez/LadyBlackhawkPage450.jpg). I love that jacket style and I also love Birds of Prey, so that's a double win.

Kiarrens
12-18-2009, 08:07 AM
DC costumes are so fun :) I've done 4 versions of Wonder Woman (regular style, Alex Ross style, Kingdom Come battle armor, and Ame-Comi), 2 Black Canary costumes, Zatanna, 2 Poison Ivys (one "regular" and one Ame-Comi), Huntress, 2 Starfires (cartoon version and comic version). I want to do a Batgirl and another Wonder Woman sometime soon, along with fixing up my "regular" version of Wonder Woman for next year.

Oh wow, Alex Ross style? Killer. :D

Arynus
12-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Kiarrens! <3

I knew a DC thread would pop up sometime.

I have a plethora of Teen Titan cosplays I want to do, including Robin, Raven, Beast Boy, Aqualad, Speedy, Gizmo, and Terra. xP I also want to make Harley Quinn, some... generic Green Lanturn (haha~), Hawk Girl (http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/4/4c/Hawkgirl_19.jpg), Batgirl (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/023/2/e/Cassandra_Cain__Batgirl_by_transfuse.jpg), and a few others.

I haven't done any so far, though. I want to, but they're all on my waiting list for after ConnectiCon 2010.

ItalianPeach
12-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I have a Poison Ivy outfit already made and posted on the site. I plan on either another version of Ivy or Harley, BatGirl, and a Wondergirl are definites, and if I ever have the will I would love to be Supergirl, Girl Robin, and Huntress, maybe even StarFire.

bellasignorina
12-19-2009, 03:50 AM
I love DC <3
I was Harley Quinn and Supergirl at A-Kon 20 last year, this upcoming year I plan to do Catwoman!

Poki_Toshi
12-22-2009, 06:17 AM
I was thinking of doing a Silver Banshee cosplay at some point. Villains need more love.

jambreaker
12-27-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm working on Mr. Zero (Mr. Freeze before the TV series starring Adam West) -- the 'base' suit is done, just need to finish up with the helmet, air system, and accessories.

Sarcasm-hime
12-27-2009, 10:35 PM
I've done Jinx from Teen Titans TV, Shikari from the Legion of Superheroes and Morpheus from Sandman: The Dream Hunters.

At some point in the future I also want to cosplay Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld (fancy miniseries version).

ShiroInu
12-28-2009, 11:15 PM
I've got Harley in the works, Batgirl, Robin and Hawkgirl planned, and I'm thinking about doing someone from Teen Titans [either Starfire or Raven].

daxkai
08-31-2010, 01:19 AM
I just put up some stuff on my nearly completed Comics Batman. I based it primarily on a Jim Lee style, with some of my own touches. Check it out here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/324864/

Mister J 27
09-18-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm doing mostly Joker cosplay. My costume more towards the comic books. I have plans for other villains.

Aleanna
09-20-2010, 10:57 PM
I was Robin III (Stephanie Brown) at SDCC this year, and I'm already planning several DC costumes for next year, including a Stephanie Brown Batgirl, An original Teen Titans Donna Troy, and The Ame-Comi Jesse Quick costume. :)

jambreaker
09-20-2010, 11:24 PM
I was Mister Zero with the bubble helmet -- just finished upgrading the helmet to possibly wear at ConJecture, and next some bracer/glove and boot/shoe cover upgrades to 'cartoon-ize' it a bit. Too bad the DC Booth gathering didn't gather as many peeps as I thought that there would be, but even with a half a dozen it still beat the Marvel gathering (myself and a photographer who did get a good glimpse of Stan Lee keeping Odin's throne warm for a bit). The Sails Pavilion shoot was definitely worth it though :bigtu:

Mister J 27
09-21-2010, 03:30 PM
I like the Mister Zero outfit that sounds cool. Sometime when I get some more I like to make a Mr.Freeze outfit close the version from The Batman cartoon.

Emrys
09-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Whee~! Thanks for making this thread!

I'm currently working on Curare and a few other Batman Beyond characters right now. Hoped to have at least one of them done for Youmacon, but from the look of things it would be better/easier for a convention closer to home.

Oracle and Lady Blackhawk from Birds of Prey are also on my list. :D Black Canary is cool, but I can't decide on a version.

jambreaker
09-21-2010, 06:46 PM
I like the Mister Zero outfit that sounds cool. Sometime when I get some more I like to make a Mr.Freeze outfit close the version from The Batman cartoon.

Thanks! I thought of either that or an action figure version (or even from 'The Batman' with the iceberg-shaped helmet). The main thing is to make sure to have airflow, and be able to hear (hard plastic globes just echo back whatever noise that your head is making).

Mister J 27
09-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Well not sure when I'm going to work on mr.freeze outfit. I let you if I come up with anything on the ice helmet. I had some ideas but nothing for sure.

jambreaker
09-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Well not sure when I'm going to work on mr.freeze outfit. I let you if I come up with anything on the ice helmet. I had some ideas but nothing for sure.

I thought of using light-blue Tricot (fine mesh like wedding veils) and cutting shapes and stitching them -- should stand up by itself, but thin wire along the seams might bed an idea -- so far I haven't seen colored clear vinyl, just cellophane which would be hard to see through, and a good air system would need positive pressure on it ... :eeek:

daylight
09-23-2010, 06:57 PM
I did Harley Quinn a few years ago, but im afraid I dont have very many pictures at all of it :O

Mister J 27
09-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Well daylight you can always dress up again and take some more pictures. pictures are fun

coretoonz
09-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Great to see so many DC cosplayers. I did Static Shock at Megacon and Dragoncon this year.
I'm working on a Teen titan Cyborg now!

Mister J 27
09-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Awesome Static Shock pictures. I watched couple episodes of it wasn't bad. Good Luck with the Cyborg outfit

coretoonz
09-27-2010, 10:41 PM
@Mister J 27
Thanks!
I saw your Joker photos. Reminds me of the 1960's TV show Joker.
Cyborg is my most ambitious costume so far I hope to have it done by D*C 2011.

Mister J 27
09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Alot of people have said that too me. I say whatever works. I just enjoy being the Joker

Mister J 27
10-03-2010, 06:00 PM
So next week is my trip to the New York Comic Con. I'm looking forward to it for alot of reasons. My props are really cool looking.

Batgirl_Cain
10-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm bringing a Cassandra Cain version of Nightwing to NYCC, as well as a Cain Batgirl. Unfortunately, I don't have time for BG's cowl right now (eventually, it's going to happen), but luckily, I can get away without it. ;D

coretoonz
10-12-2010, 07:57 PM
So Folks! How was NYCC! I had a great time. I went Friday and Saturday. Friday I did not cosplay. I just walked around and checked things out, which was pretty easy to do because the crowd was pretty reasonable. Saturday however was super crowded.I cosplayed as Bishop from the X-men. I dii bring my static costume for a photo shoot, but my photographer had to cancel.

Ananthema
10-15-2010, 04:37 PM
I am currently planning a Dog Welder cosplay. Depending on what happens, we might see about doing all of Section 8 as 2 of the guys that I RPG with express interest of cosplaying as Bueno Excellente and The Defenestrator.

So all we need now is a Sixpack, Friendly Fire, Jean de Baton-Baton, Flemgem and Shakes.

scoobysnack
01-04-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm currently doing Robin (Dick Grayson), Genderswap Nightwing, and Genderswap Kid Flash. I just finished Bane and Black Canary (Young Justice version)

ze0ro
02-12-2013, 04:30 PM
I do almost exclusively DC characters it seems. Scarecrow, Batman, Superman, Joker, and Booster Gold (Booster was by far the most fun to cosplay as). I am almost finished a Dex-Starr prop, which means I need to get started on an Atrocitus pretty soon...and find someone brave enough to accompany me as Bleez to a few shows.

eebee
02-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Still working away on the design for my Ravager costume. I want it to be perfect, and to not waste money on failed trial runs. ^^'

Penna Fae
02-19-2013, 09:52 PM
I'd really like to do Poison Ivy. Some of the pictures in this thread of her look very pretty. I really like her Arkham Asylum look but it's a little skimpy. :)

Lolita Minako
03-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Anyone here going to Megacon in Orlando? There is a DC costume gathering at 2 on Saturday! Hopefully, I can get Arrowette done for it, or I will just wear my quickly thrown together Wonder Girl. :]

I'm making progress on Cissie, though! Finally! 7 years in the making!
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/lolita_minako/meinmask.jpg

ghosgreen
03-19-2013, 02:10 AM
Not exactly a costume but here's the Red X helmet I finished up so far. It took me about a month finish and two solid weeks of sanding. http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/ghosgreen/FEA19640-CAAB-48AE-BBEA-A80B23F09DD1-4519-00000712C5569A9C.jpg

PeregrineStudio
07-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Just about to start on a DCAU Clock King cosplay.

Never, ever, EVER thought that HE of all people would wind up being one of my favorite DCAU villains.

bunnielove
07-07-2013, 07:00 AM
I have a desperate desire to cosplay Andrea Beaumont from The Phantom Menace.

comicbookguy
09-28-2013, 10:29 AM
I am new to cosplay, but decided when I go to NYCC in a few short weeks I am going as Grifter. He hasn't always been DC and I am kinda mixing up the different versions hes gone through over the years. Its not really fancy but I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to do the mask.

saiyamanmasenko
10-05-2013, 04:47 AM
Not exactly a costume but here's the Red X helmet I finished up so far. It took me about a month finish and two solid weeks of sanding. http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/ghosgreen/FEA19640-CAAB-48AE-BBEA-A80B23F09DD1-4519-00000712C5569A9C.jpg

OMG, that is amazing. Awesome job on the helmet. :)

ayaasan
10-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Just finished up my main Comikaze costume--Dick Grayson Robin from Young Justice :)

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3440117/

All of the faux leather is showing up neon for some reason o.0 It's much more golden in person.

Suprboy34
10-16-2013, 03:04 AM
Just finished up my main Comikaze costume--Dick Grayson Robin from Young Justice :)

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3440117/

All of the faux leather is showing up neon for some reason o.0 It's much more golden in person.

Nice work on the Robin costume! I saw your Supergirl costume from your gallery and it looks awesome!