PDA

View Full Version : This is so horrible...

Jibrille
10-09-2002, 04:07 PM
...so horrible, that it deserves a rant thread all its own.

this happend about 20 minutes ago.

we called down to the Sheraton Premiere in virginia for anime usa this weekend.
they had convinced us months ago to take 3 rooms, so we did, cause we werent sure how many people were going.

so after losing many people and there only being 4 of us left, we could only afford one room for one night. so we called and cancelled the other two rooms and told them to keep the third one for one night. ok fine.

so we hang up and start further discussing the money issues and decide we can stay for both nights, its only like a $15-$20 a person difference, so we'll just do it. so we call back 10 MINUTES LATER and they wont give us the room for the second night for con rate. con rate is $100 a night, NON con rate is $150, not affordable.
so there is much fiasco and crying and pleading...
so the lady at the hotel gives us the number of the guy who set up the block reservations and we called him and now we sit and wait for him to call back...

our second fear which developed was the the woman at the desk misunderstood arisuchan when she said 'then just forget it' that they may have cancelled the WHOLE room for the whole weekend. so i have to wait to steal someone cell phone to call about that AND pray that the guy in charge of room blocking calls us back...

i almost undestand the whole 'room rate' thing, but it was 10 minutes and thats just so freakin heartless of a hotel to do that.
and how dumb is it to make us pay con rate one night and normal rate the next....

so why do bad situations just get worse...

Tenjou
10-09-2002, 04:25 PM
OMG! I can't believe that happened to you! That hotel treated you and your friends so bad!!

hel-chan
10-09-2002, 08:46 PM
all they care about is the money>_< They don't care about us! they probably were so mean because ye cancelled two whole rooms and then called back 10 mins later and changed yer mind...idiots.-_- I hope everything works out fine for you ne!~_~

Celine
10-09-2002, 09:06 PM
Eeeep, how unfortunate. Generally, hotel people are sticklers about things, but they are people, after all, so you can try to reason with them. I hope it turns out all right for you! ^^

Gingerbread Man
10-09-2002, 10:09 PM
Man, that's some wacky shiznit, I just hope the gopher holes don't fill up and my friend and I end up sleeping in my car...and I hope you still have you're room...if not, you can always use my car.

Jibrille
10-09-2002, 10:26 PM
it was different people when we called back, they have like a mini-horde of phone attendants. O.o

well, we still have the room for friday night. i ran off with a friends cell phone and checked. ^^
so now the battle begins to get our other night back. *shakes fist*
*stares at phone*

Jibrille
10-10-2002, 04:33 PM
oh, and the runaround begins. the guy called back and told us to call the hotel...
but see... the hotel told us to call him...
so now i have to call him again... ok

*crosses fingers*

KuroBara
10-10-2002, 05:22 PM
>_< Good luck, booking hotels is a pain.

Jibrille
10-10-2002, 05:47 PM
oh you wont believe this... they now have me calling the guys cell phone. yeah, the makes me mighty uncomfortable...

Jibrille
10-13-2002, 06:19 PM
so after all that horse crap when we get to the hotel the girl behind the counter just gives us the second night. lol

Tenjou
10-14-2002, 07:11 AM
Good! ^_^ I'm glad you got the second night! ^___^