PDA

View Full Version : looking for wig for petshop of horrors

Gryphonic_Angel
08-26-2003, 01:04 AM
I'm trying to do count d from pet shop of horror and I'm looking for this wig. If you've seen one that works drop me a message

Isis Ishtar
08-26-2003, 09:54 AM
Yay! I LOVE Count D! I was thinking of doing him myself. Anyways, you might wanna take a look at www.wowwigs.com
They have a pretty good selection.
Or maybe www.katiebair.com has one.
Anyways, I wish you luck! Post pics when you finish!

AniMajor
08-26-2003, 01:55 PM
Looks like the same style I used for my Kurai costume. I got an Angela wig (I think) from www.witchwigs.com and cut it to the right length. I think it comes in the color you're looking for. You could also try looking for a showgirl wig without bangs, which I can't think of the name right now, but it should be the right length and work well.

HowlinMadMurphy
08-26-2003, 02:29 PM
I'd suggest http://www.worldofmagic.net/cartsnap/product_info.cgi?Wig_Cart+8074_1061922113+Wig_Cart _cart/images/106.jpg+cartsnap/Wig_Cart_cart/full_text/106.txt+106+Characters or http://www.worldofmagic.net/cartsnap/product_info.cgi?Wig_Cart+8074_1061922113+Wig_Cart _cart/images/117.jpg+cartsnap/Wig_Cart_cart/full_text/117.txt+117+StreetWear. Or a Cher wig. Cher is going to be the straightest, flattest wig, since it has no wave to it at all. I bought one and it's SUPER shiny and flat. But of course, it's more expensive. You can straighten the other ones to be super flat too, of course.

Hitori
08-26-2003, 09:13 PM
This is sort of on the topic, but just what colour *is* D's hair? The manga covers are nothing to go by, it keeps changing.... I also want to do a D cosplay... but when I get to the hair mi brain starts hurting.

KnuxieChan
08-26-2003, 10:53 PM
Eeh! Count D! *glomps*Good luck on the costume! (I'm gonna make one.. one of these years @o')

www.bestwig.com .. or was it bestwigs.com ?

Gryphonic_Angel
08-27-2003, 03:08 AM
well thanks guys. too bad katie bair is all booked :sulk:
i think I've found a good wig tho!!

Now I just have to find a count d outfit that isn't Friggin embroidered!!!! I've got some idea's on that tho so lets see how it turns out!!

BishiJZ
08-27-2003, 01:08 PM
This is sort of on the topic, but just what colour *is* D's hair? The manga covers are nothing to go by, it keeps changing.... I also want to do a D cosplay... but when I get to the hair mi brain starts hurting.

D's hair is a really shiny jet black, it just looks funky on the manga covers because the artist likes experimenting with cool shades ^_^; I know it's hard to tell, but I saw the anime as well and his hair is COMPLETELY black in it.

Good luck on the D costume! ^_^ I'm making one as well(almost finished!). Please post pictures so I can see!

I'm dying my hair though. . dun trust wigs to do what I want =P

DieProtoss
08-27-2003, 04:51 PM
Mmmm.... count d ;]

Gryphonic_Angel
08-29-2003, 04:52 AM
Well I know count D's hair is really jet black, but I'm looking to do one straight from a manga cover. I've actually laid my hands on a huge pic of the fourth manga cover (the guys at tokyopop's customer support RULE!) and now i'm looking for an easier to find blue color. I would just die my hair (happily!!) but my hair is like 3 inches long and I have a month before the kon!!

DieProtoss I agree. count D mmmmmmm.

weird huh!

Hitori
09-02-2003, 08:38 PM
thanx, mi D has been postponed in favour of Koryuu of WISH but besides the hair and eyes issue his clothes are relatively easi(I cannot tell you how many chinese style clothes I've made.... ^.^;;) so I'll be sure to post progress pics when I get to it!

Gryphonic_Angel
09-02-2003, 11:02 PM
His clothes are the EASY PART?!!!! I haven't seen the anime (I'm doing a manga version) but in the manga all of his outfits are embroidered or have incredibly fancy designs on them. Only the covers ever seemed to have anything doable. Even at that I asked tokyopop to send me a future manga picture and my girlfriend will be hand painting designs on the entire thing!!

the eyes are easy. for the violets go to www.contacts.com and get the Freshlook colors. for the yellow you can go to www.wildeyes.com. you can get the violet contact from wildeyes too but it is really opaque and the freshlook colors looks alot better and more realistic. and you don't need a prescription for either.

good luck and i can't wait to see your pics.

BTW if you show up as count D anywheres near me while I'm doing him, I'll be forced to kill u. I will have a medusa (basilisk from despair - petshop of horrors 1) with me so don't doubt my ability.

Hitori
09-03-2003, 12:50 AM
Um... where all do you live? And yeah, the clothes are the easi part! I love the details. Sometimes I think I have more fun *making* a detailed costume than wearing it.
Since this is a wig thread (think we ought to start a thread in the anime section?), I'll say something about his wig. That looks.... doable, but I've only styled one wig so far, so I'm nervous.

Gryphonic_Angel
09-03-2003, 11:57 PM
hey ive started a thread under anime costumes

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=431578#post431578

BishiJZ
09-04-2003, 09:32 AM
I'm cosplaying D at Ushicon Austin, Texas o.o;; And then maybe again at AnimeFest 2004 in Dallas.