PDA

View Full Version : Arkham Asylum Poison Ivy

TagaSeguchi
12-29-2009, 10:04 AM
With two weeks before the con I have decided that I want to tackle Poison Ivy's new outfit in Arkham...Crazy I know I am. The only real problem I am having is I found some wonderful opaque tights in skin tone that would be beautiful except they have the high waist. is there a way to make the tights 'hip hugger' style without ruining the tights? They don't seem like the kind that can run easy (George Brand from Walmart if anyone has used them before) For the vines on the legs I plan on either gluing skin tone embroidery floss on and adding leaves or sewing piping under the tights to raise it up. I'm buying stock in green eye shadow to do all the shading for the vines on my bare skin I have latex and tissues which has worked well for raised scars in the past..I also have a bit of spirit gum left which can stick the leaves on.

Moennet
12-29-2009, 12:59 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Leggings-from-Tights
does this work? I know it says how to make them into leggings but it might work for the 'hip-hugger' tights look.
Btw thats quite a lot of costumes you got planned there. ^_^

TagaSeguchi
12-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks! I think that should work the only thing I am worried about it is possibly running (tho it's a rather thick pair of tights so maybe I will get lucky)

it is alot of costume but once the alterations of the actual clothing is done it should get finished rather quickly. It's the makeup that is going to take the most time at the hotel.