PDA

View Full Version : photo locations

dbzgirl311
12-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Where do you think are good places for photo shoots?

TykeJack
12-30-2009, 01:12 AM
I think you would be better served if you could mention the area you have access to. Then people with relevant information can assist you. Otherwise, I'm sure you'd find great photo locations in Italy.

Bohe
12-30-2009, 03:22 AM
Yea, i mean, we could all start talking about places like
New zealand being nice at this time of year. (being that
it is "summer" there right now, when it is winter here in
the states)
Or the only other option we can talk about, is places
like a park, a mall, or generalized ideas because
we don't know the frame of reference you are talking
about. So please, at least mention what location
you are at. I.E. country and Provience/state at the
very least. town if you are feeling adventurous.

Ashurachan
12-30-2009, 04:31 AM
Generally speaking, a good location is a location appropriate for the character you're cosplaying as.
A dimly lit parking lot is not a good looking place, but it can be great if you're going for something creepy (but it does take more skill to take good pictures in there than in a park, for sure).
A business area with skyscrapers will look strange for, say, a Zelda photoshoot, but works great for about something super-hero themed.

brucer007
12-30-2009, 04:48 AM
Yes DBZgirl. It would be better if you were more specific of your character needs.

If you need a forest look, you don't necessarily need to go far. You can make a small clump of trees look like they go on for miles if you use the right lens and angle.

If you need a castle look, there are some modern buildings with old-looking stone or brick work.

If your character is high-tech, a modern city can be a pot-of-gold. Just be selective to find angles that don't show older technology.

What are your needs?

costumemercenar
01-14-2010, 09:38 AM
I happen to live in England, which is abundant with old churches, cathedrals, castles, gardens and graveyards. So I suppose I'm rather spoilt for choice in that regard.

When I was in Hong Kong, I just picked colonial era buildings and glared at the tourists until they dodged out of the way.

Cat-chan131415
01-24-2010, 11:10 AM
I know this has probably been metioned, but try a beach on a sunnyday.