PDA

View Full Version : A "would this work" question ^-^; for anyone who's worked with apoxy resins

pookie-kun
10-09-2002, 06:49 PM
I was thinking about using an apoxy resin i found called Por-A-Kast for my Kuja armor. However, I have nothing to make the mold out of! So, this is what I thought of doing.

Making the shape out of chicken wire, using wax paper attatched to that as the mold.. then painting the apoxy resin on, after applying the release agent?

Do you think this would work, or should I make an actual mold for this stuff? :/

Lady
10-12-2002, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't recommend using chicken wire unless you want to have sore, cut up hands. Plus, the chicken wire will most likely poke through wax paper, or any other thin item you might lay over top of it. Even using gloves I managed to get cuts all over my hands when I worked with chickenwire.

You might want to try using a product called "Wire Mesh" or "Wire Form" (sorry, I can't remember the exact name). It's similar to chickenwire, but it's incredibly easy to manipulate, can be cut with regulare scissors, and never once cut me when I used it. I found mine in Hobby Lobby (small, single sheets), but I know you can buy it in rolls from some Michael's stores.

Hope it helps!

-Lady

pookie-kun
10-12-2002, 02:18 PM
Neat! Thanks for the advice! ^_^

Mei Lan Chang
10-12-2002, 04:13 PM
It's high time you get that Kuja costume started, boi!

pookie-kun
10-12-2002, 04:16 PM
Yeah, yeah.. After I finish my case mod XD that's going to be my experimenting with the apoxy stuff.

Mei Lan Chang
10-12-2002, 05:42 PM
*cracks whip* Final Fantasy eleven will be out before you are done. I want Kuja pics!!

pookie-kun
10-12-2002, 11:52 PM
*wimpers* yes ma'am