PDA

View Full Version : Inuyasha still popular?

Kunoichi Neko
01-10-2010, 01:48 AM
I know that a while back Inuyasha cosplays were really popular, are they still? I am going to cosplay Inuyasha for my next con. How many other Inuyasha cosplayers will I see there?

Funderful
01-10-2010, 01:54 AM
I see a couple every year, but Inuyasha is generally rather unpopular at the moment. You may see one or two but probably not a lot. If you see anyone from the series, you'd more likely find Kagome or Sango; not that a see more then a couple of those every year, either.

Kunoichi Neko
01-10-2010, 02:11 AM
That is a relief I was worried I would be simply only one in 100s of Inuyasha cosplayers.

bubblefire
01-10-2010, 02:15 AM
yeah as Funderful said, inuyasha popularity has gone down quite alot, mainly because people change fandoms a number of times and also that both the manga and anime have finished, i'm unsure if this is true but it would contribute to the fact that inuyasha isn't as popular as it used to be.

you might find a couple but not as many as you would of see a couple of years back at cons, anyway have fun cosplaying inuyasha! 8D

Kunoichi Neko
01-10-2010, 02:37 AM
Thank you! Now I am completely happy and confident about by costume!:bigtu:

kiratsukai
01-10-2010, 06:36 AM
There's a new Inuyasha anime series airing now in Japan and a nationwide tour of Rumiko Takahashi's artwork in Japanese art museums... so oddly enough, it actually is getting popular again in Japan. There's been at least one Inu Yasha group in just about every issue of all the cosplay magazines lately. (Funny, because for nearly the entire time it was popular in the US, it wasn't popular here... and now it seems to be reversing ^^; )

In any case, you can probably expect a resurgence in popularity when the new tv series is liscenced and broadcast.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRld7owJkQ8)

magicalgirlj
01-10-2010, 07:24 AM
I think I saw a Kagome at Anime USA. Inuyasha shoud still be popular, a new anime Inuyasha anime started airing in Japan in April

Blood_Sword
01-10-2010, 08:35 AM
I don't know because I don't live in the states, but Inuyasha, I think, isn't as popular now as it used to be back then... but now when the anime is going again in Japan the series pupularity might go up again.

Kunoichi Neko
01-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Do you think the popularity will be insane again by april, or will it still be diluted a bit?

MikuraHime
01-10-2010, 03:14 PM
There's always a couple of Inuyashas at a con and a Kagome or Miroku. You're definetley less likely to see multiple groups of Inuyasha then you would with a series like Death Note or Naruto because it's been around longer and at some point, everyone was cosplaying Inuyasha. But being that a new series is airing Japan, it may start to become super popular again.

Kunoichi Neko
01-10-2010, 03:29 PM
So April is a good time to do it before it get crazy again.

Funderful
01-10-2010, 04:30 PM
That doesn`t mean it`ll be popular again for sure over here since the fandom sort of died. Either way, it hasn`t even been dubbed yet. I`m sure you`ll be safe.

Kunoichi Neko
01-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Good. It would stink to be "just another inuyasha cosplayer".

Dark Inuyasha
01-12-2010, 02:12 AM
Do you think the popularity will be insane again by april, or will it still be diluted a bit?

I hope it gets more popular again who knows if not then in the future it might make a huge comeback.

PaperRedemption
01-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm an Inuyasha fan, and after the anime 'ended' I kind of lost interest. I noticed now that Hulu is airing the 'Final Act : Inuyasha' that it is again becoming popular, since they are finishing out the story. I know this because my Inuyasha fan art is being faved more and more at DA.

Anyway. Cosplay what you love, screw what everyone else thinks.

Kitsune-sama
01-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I've gotten back into it, and I'm a real big fan again. I have like... way too many cosplays from the series to do xD

Blood_Sword
01-13-2010, 07:04 AM
I have like... way too many cosplays from the series to do xD
Just like me then. xD

Hime no Toki
01-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Since we have a thread already on Inuyasha, going to close this one to keep info in one spot. Thanks!

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=43676&page=78