View Full Version : Sakura-Con 2003

isaacada1
10-10-2002, 01:52 AM
Sakura Con
April 4-6, 2003
Seattle Airport Hilton and Conference Center
Sea-Tac, WA
http://www.sakuracon.org

Anyone planning to cosplay at the largest anime convention in the Pacific Northwest?

Sincerely

Isaac Alexander

Ina
10-11-2002, 05:35 PM
oh me me! i already got all the plans, my mom has alot of friends there so we're also dropping them a visit as well during the con ^^ whee! i always wanted to go to Washington ^^

Tenshisama
10-11-2002, 05:52 PM
I plan on going. :) just a matter of things falling into place

Hikaru Tsuki
10-12-2002, 12:43 AM
I'm going with my cosplay group! ^_^ I think we'll really stand out. We got a Digi Charat group (with a Gema) and one of us is crosscosplaying as Lulu from FFX! Not to mention I'll be bringing my Dilandau costume, as well as several other costumes. ^_^V

Nine
10-12-2002, 12:47 AM
HEHE Sakuracon!

I'm a member of the cosplay group Hikaru Tsuki is talking about, and I'll be the guy crosscosplaying as Lulu XD

- Lulu from FFX
- Princess Toadstool from the Super Mario Bros. Series
- Gema from Digi Charat
- Hitomi Yaida from her B'coz I love you music video
- Bellossom from Pokemon lol
- Sora from Escaflowne: A Girl in Gaia

These are the costumes I'll have... I can't wait!

Zeki
12-09-2002, 05:18 PM
I'm pretty sure im going ^^. Can't wait it'll be my first convention! yay!

Shadow Lady
12-09-2002, 08:37 PM
I'm going and I can't wait. This will be my third year and this time I'm staying at the hotel for all three days.^_^ (except for part of Friday because of school)

I'm going as R. Dorothy (The Big O) and possibly Dominique (Trigun) and/or Cho Hakkai (Saiyuki).

See you there! :)

Eurobeat King
12-19-2002, 02:45 AM
I'm going to TRY and go to Sakuracon, since it's the only con in April for me (only other anime-related event in April is the Cherry Blossom Festival parade here in SF, CA) and it takes place over a month after Katsucon, and a month before Anime Central.. So I may actually go for it. ;) It's been too long since I went to Seattle, as the last time I was there was back in 1998, when Sakuracon had it's first year, and was called BAKA-CON back then. :thumbsup: It was small, simple, and an OK time, but it's gotten bigger throughout the years I've heard, hence why I want to go back.

Costumes? Since I haven't been there in a while (last time in '98 I didn't cosplay) I'll just bring basic costumes like: Shinji, Trowa, Tsuzuki, Ryosuke, and one more. Too soon to determine, but I won't have too many..

NEW UPDATE: I sent in my pre-reg. for Sakuracon today, so that increased the chances of me going in April. :) It's better than paying $50 at the door, so I went ahead and sent it in. Now I just have to get airfare next. United has it for the cheapest with no stops, but I'm wondering if they'll be shut-down by April, so if I buy the tickets now, will I get my $$ back or not? :thumbsup:

Medellia
01-01-2003, 11:41 PM
I'm actually going this year! Woo! Will you be cosplaying, Issac? I don't even know what I'll be wearing yet >_<

elfinder
01-12-2003, 12:23 PM
I am going! I am in Nine's and Hikaru Tsuki's group! Go canada! The costumes I am bringing are.

Rabi en Rose from DiGi Charat
Hitomi from Escaflowne
Chii from Chobits
Kagome from Inuyasha
Koinosuke from Jubei Chan
Misaki from Angelic Layer

Then I'll probably bring Tohru from Fruits basket, on the bus ride there I'll wear Yuki from Fruits Basket.

Depending on what the dance is I'll either bring Elfinder or my Arwen costume I plan to make.

Nine
01-13-2003, 11:58 AM
I caaant waaaait till Sakuracon!! im totally anime convention deprived ;_;

Miaka No Baka
01-13-2003, 09:21 PM
I'm hopefully going! So is aoshi, provided the two of us can come up with that money. I figure it'll cost like $400-$600 for us to go for everything. The bulk being transportation (plane tix) and hotel if we do stay there. A friend of ours lives 15 min away so we might stay with her but I dunno if we do then we gotta add rental car price in X_X;

If I go this is what I plan to bring:

Yuna summoner - FFX
FOnewearl - Phantasy Star Online
Padudu - Mahou Yuugi (must not forget ouikichi too (the fish))
*secret costume* for the masq if I get it all done in time
Chii's Chioru work uniform - Chobits
probably some others just need to decide on which. ^_^;

Aoshi will most likely bring:

Li - CCS
Aoshi - Rurouni Kenshin
Hideki's Yorokonde Uniform - Chobits
HUmar - Phantasy Star Online (if we can get it done)
Tidus - Kingdom Hearts (I'll try and get him to wear it again!)

Our costumes can change depending on our desires XD so hopefully we'll get to meet some people there as this will be our first sakura con, and our first non-california con ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

findthefullmoon
01-17-2003, 12:20 AM
I'm supposed to go. I live in Seattle, so it's only a 15 minute trip (although, annoyingly longer by bus so I hope my car is working.) I can't decide on a costume to make for it though. And who knows if I'll have the money. *_*

~Tori

Lynzie
01-17-2003, 05:18 PM
I'll be there! Whoo! It'll be my fourth year... wow. o_O

Aoshi Shinomori
01-25-2003, 04:18 AM
I will be there.. hope i recognize some faces

rheanna
01-26-2003, 02:53 AM
Against my better judgement (finals are in a week or two of the con! ^^;;) I'm going! It'll be my first time at Sakura-con, so I'm super excited!! XD

I haven't decided which outfits to bring/make yet, but it's probably going to something from these
- Kagura (Inuyasha)
- Seras (Hellsing)
- Utena (two different outfits fom the series I'm trying to decide on!)
- Miwa (MPD Psycho)
- Yuna (FFX-2)

Michi
01-30-2003, 12:52 AM
If I don't make Anime Oasis, I'll probably go. *shrugs* ^_^; NO idea what I'd wear, though. Blah.

Syaoran fan
02-01-2003, 01:39 AM
OOoooohh. I soo wanna go! But I need moooney! I need American money. I don't think I have enough. I was planning on being Takato from Digimon Tamers. I even have the goggles! *realizes I'm such a goggle-geek...I'm like Taichi!*

Lynzie
02-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Ooh, Michi, I hope to see you! (I'll be at both Anime Oasis and Sakuracon, so... XD)

Hikaru Tsuki
02-08-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Syaoran fan
OOoooohh. I soo wanna go! But I need moooney! I need American money. I don't think I have enough. I was planning on being Takato from Digimon Tamers. I even have the goggles! *realizes I'm such a goggle-geek...I'm like Taichi!*

If you're going to share a hotel room with three other people and get to Sakura Con by Greyhound bus, and stay at the con for all three days, you're looking at spending $360 Canadian. That's how much the con is costing me, it includes transportation, food, tickets, hotel, etc.

Aoshi Shinomori
02-13-2003, 03:01 AM
Ill be there my first out of state con.. hope to see everyone there..

Collie
02-14-2003, 02:49 PM
I'll be going! Bwahahhaa! I'll be wearing my Rikku X-2 Default costume (I might make one of her other versions if I can do it in time....). ^^ And, "Jill" from Harvest Moon, Aerith from.....VII and KH, Tidus from X and...maybe Pochi. Bleh.

I hope to take pics with alot of people! ^^ Oh yea. Any other Squaresoft cosplayers, there will be a PHOTOSHOOT on Saturday around 11, I think. I'll get back to you all on that with the CONFIRMED time.
~*~Collie~*~

Yuna!
01-20-2004, 12:44 PM
ooooh!!! I'm so excited to go to the Sakura Con! I'm going as Lenne or Yuna from FFX-2. This will be my first time going to a convention^^, I can't wait til it's time.