PDA

View Full Version : Ouran Blazer

LelouchXIII
01-13-2010, 08:02 PM
My friends and I are all going to Tsubasacon 2010 as the Host Club, and I was wondering if anybody had a good pattern for the blazer. I've seen the Kwik-Sew 3485 pattern listed as a good one, but I was just curious as to my options. Also, are there any reccomendations as to the fabrics that should be used for the inside and outside of the blazers? Thanks!

SailorAnime
01-14-2010, 01:01 AM
For patterns, you can either go to the fabric store (Walmart's sometimes have sewing sections too) and look through the pattern books or you can go online to pattern company websites and browse their selections. Kwik Sew, Butterick, McCall's, Vogue, and Simplicity are the main company's (there's another one that starts with a B but it escapes me atm) if you want to google their websites.

For materials, I'd go with a twill or a wool for the outside and just a standard polester lining for the inside.

patdluveremily
12-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Well, I can't really help anymore since I actually saw you guys and got a picture, but I wanted to say that your cosplays were awesome and my sister and I were really impressed. ^_^

LelouchXIII
01-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Unfortunately, we didn't get to go as the Host Club in 2010 because we didn't have any money to make our costumes, so we were bits of Organization XIII (for those of us who got to go). We're hoping that we can get the money together this year and that we will finally have the entire group.

@patdluveremily: You probably did see us, but we weren't the Host Club...

imaginaryxlove
02-09-2011, 12:01 PM
The easiest (and possibly cheapest) thing to do would be to buy a base blazer band make any changes and sew on a patch. If you wanted to make one from scratch, you could find a blazer from a thrift store that you like the style of and cut it apart to use as a pattern. This way, you have a better idea of how it's going to turn out and it's all put together.

rukiakarakura13
02-27-2011, 05:17 PM
I used a Butterick B4138 for my Italy jacket as well as my Haruhi jacket! (Versitille, mmm...) And I used a cotton-poly blend for italy and twill for Haruhi, but they both look great. I'm buying that patch online. The patterns fairly easy to follow, and didn't take me that long to make.

awesomeifyit
11-06-2011, 07:37 AM
i was just about to post about this until i saw your post....
i found this http://butterick.mccall.com/b4138-products-1134.php but i have no idea how to sew.....
im going to a con in april has honey