trixyloupwolf
01-14-2010, 10:50 PM
yep here it goes again^^

just a part of costume or a hint just teasing stuff here^^

here what i have to say
youl laugh a lot at my skit if i can mangaer to find good stage ninja ^^::

mouwahahahahaha!!

also ill do all maskerade if i can manage to get hand on futur folio hahahah
the only one iam not doing at all is historiqual one =_= not my thing saddly ^^::

so what about you ^^
did you already start??
do you still have plan stuff???

tell me anithing !!!
there no info so let give us some fun info ^^ yeah!!

are you starting to stress did you buy your material etc etc ^^::::

hug
trixy

CapsuleCorp
01-15-2010, 09:50 PM
I already have probably 75% of the fabric for our SF/F entry, and most of the beads. I still need to buy leather, metal, and a wig. I vowed to myself I wouldn't show any of it prior to the masquerade, though, because I've already gone and TOLD so many people what it's going to be that I need to just shut up now and save the surprise. :)

My roommate and I have decided that we do need new hall costumes, so we're going to be doing shinigami academy (Bleach) costumes for Shuuhei Hisagi and Rangiku Matsumoto, and I'm going to be throwing together Sanji from One Piece. So those I can show as they go, if I remember to take pictures.

trixyloupwolf
01-15-2010, 11:01 PM
yeah!!

me just can,t wait to do any of my entry haha i have something special hehe
dought =_= i need good stage ninja or friend if they wanna help hehe but i doub it =_=

nya!!

hall costume ....mmmm did,nt think of it 0_o
so busy with all the other hehe!!
and well ill try to find any that fit my suit case hehe!!since were comming by bus ^^:: 24 hour drive waa crazy^^::::

khenemetset
01-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Our Doll Contest entry is all patterned out and the doll is already made. Just need to find all the fabric for him, though we've already got lining fabric and a few other bits so we can do a bit more work on it. :)

Historical entry is coming along nicely I think all our final design plans have been finalized so we can get moving even faster, especially once we make the mock-ups.

As to new hall stuff...probably not going to have anything new save for the social idea. But, that's the way it goes when money has to be funneled into other things...like bills and getting electrical emergencies taken care of. -_-

trixyloupwolf
01-17-2010, 09:44 PM
agree agree ^^;;;;

yeah i just can,t wait ^^
thanks for posting ^^ it make the wait worth it ^^ hehe

trixyloupwolf
01-17-2010, 10:01 PM
double post sorrwy =_=

supergeekgirl
01-18-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm stressing more over the stuff I need to have done by next month! I'll have two months after Kawa Kon to worry about CC stuff, and I have a good start.

I've got all of my fabric but still need to get some notions and hardware for my F&SF entry. I just learned the wonders of cloth mache, which will help with my weapon greatly.

As for historical, I have a lot of improvements to make from Archon...

RaDragon76
01-19-2010, 11:33 AM
As Khene said things are progressing well on the historical entry overall and my costume itself is coming along nicely. I really can't show anything from it since it would ruin the surprise for everyone nor can I tell anyone the actual title of my costume because that might give things away. I have most of my accessories finished already although there are still four more to go and my underlayers are all at about 50% or more finished. Last night we talked about design elements on the remaining pieces for both costumes and started to make patterns and mock-ups of those pieces. We've also located pretty much all the remaining fabric and notions for this although there are a couple of places we're going to look at before making final decisions on those. Also we found the perfect music for this one by a lucky chance. We'll probably send off our presentation to be pre-recorded soon since we've got the actual music we wanted to use for this. Our documentation is progressing well and I would say it's about 50% completed at the moment.

We do have a few new to the Costume Con crowd costumes for hall wear but none of them, minus the costume for the social, are very elaborate owing to the fact that our time and money are all going toward the Historical entry. Our theme for this convention seems to be tending toward historic dress. We have one set of 18th century costumes, one set of pirate costumes, two sets of Egyptain related costumes, and finally a couple of things from a non-anime media source, which ironically fit into the historic dress catagory as well.

khenemetset
01-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Yay for more progress. :)

I think I've almost got all my accessories done, well at least basically anyway. There's still a bit of work that needs to be done on some of them but hopefully this weekend will yield some more progress.

Mock-ups have been made of most of the elements of the costume itself. Though I still lack a mock up for about three pieces I think. At least with a mock up a fair amount of the battle is already won. :) We've got another days worth of research to go and do tomorrow but it's really just double checking things and making some copies of elements we don't have.

Hopefully, by the end of the weekend all mock ups and all accessories will be done.

trixyloupwolf
01-28-2010, 05:33 PM
waa i still did not start anithing =_=

single patern is very hard ^^::: lol!!
still trying to figure out how to assemble the pattern piece lol^^::

info was not provide weird weird pattern lol!!

^^olol

von Drago
01-29-2010, 10:09 AM
waa i still did not start anithing =_=

single patern is very hard ^^::: lol!!
still trying to figure out how to assemble the pattern piece lol^^::

info was not provide weird weird pattern lol!!

^^olol

Which one are you trying to do?

trixyloupwolf
01-29-2010, 01:11 PM
the girl toxedo thingy =_=

von Drago
01-29-2010, 01:46 PM
the girl toxedo thingy =_=

Ah, the Burda pattern. Yes it is definitely not a beginner pattern but I think you'll be fine.
They do tend to sometimes skip a step in the verbal directions but the diagrams should help.
Plus their patterns are very well drafted so the pieces generally fit together well.

It's certainly easier than the man's tuxedo or the cheongsam.:crylaugh:

trixyloupwolf
01-29-2010, 03:36 PM
ouin!!
not sure of that haha!!
but o well ill be trying my best to understand it my way lol!!

don,t know how will it result be but surely weird trixy way hehe

CapsuleCorp
01-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Oh god...if the women's tuxedo pattern is the easiest of the three? Oh my poor MACS newbs. *pets them all and brings them cookies at the stitch 'n bitch*

RaDragon76
01-30-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm glad I don't have time to make anything more for this one so the Single Pattern is out for me. I've got enough on my plate as it is anyway. :D

Most of my hall costumes are finished now minus the one for the Social, which I haven't worked on at all except to mentally pattern out the costume and the costume for the Historical Masquerade is progressing well as is the Doll Contest entry. Most of th main pieces for my Historical entry are patterned out now except for two of them and my underlayer is also patterned out. Those, in addition to some of the more complex accessories, will be the next things I'm planning to work on. I still have bits to finish on my other undergarments and my slippers but I seem to be still on schedule for getting this costume done.

supergeekgirl
01-30-2010, 01:39 PM
If I HAD done single pattern, no doubt Mikhail would have wanted me to make him something with the ladie's tux pattern. :)

I just bought some of my buckles today for my F&SF entry, but I'm too poor to buy my shoes right now. I'll have to wait and see how I am after Kawa Kon.

trixyloupwolf
01-30-2010, 03:42 PM
aww hug!!!!

wich i could start mine hehe
but have to wait after ganime since iam in the artist ally its more important right now
also doing the maskerade there hehe so rushing to finish it all ^^::

i just can.t wait to see you all there
and start too on my costume nya?!!!!

RaDragon76
02-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Costume Con is my first con for the year so that's probably why I've started already. Well, that and the fact that the costume I'm doing for the Historical is very involved with lots of handwork and embellishment. That takes time, especially when I'm also learning several new techinques with this costume and that requires testing first before actually touching any of the real pieces of the costume. I'm also just inspired to work on costumes since I took a really long break last year that amounted to almost a year.

von Drago
02-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Costume Con is my first con for the year so that's probably why I've started already. Well, that and the fact that the costume I'm doing for the Historical is very involved with lots of handwork and embellishment. That takes time, especially when I'm also learning several new techinques with this costume and that requires testing first before actually touching any of the real pieces of the costume. I'm also just inspired to work on costumes since I took a really long break last year that amounted to almost a year.

New techniques are the best! One of the main reasons I costume is to continue learning new things.

Looking forward to seeing what you're doing.

khenemetset
02-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Doll Contest costume is coming along. It's probably at about 60-70% done right now. Just need to decide on the final fabric choice then it's on to embellishing and fabric painting. It's been a lot of fun constructing. :)

As to Historical I need to stop being lazy and finish up the bits I am actually almost done with. Ah embellishment how fun you are in small detail. Mock-ups should be finished by the end of the week and hopefully, the next time I get paid I'll be able to buy the fabric I need for the actual costume. Let's hope Hancock still has it when I have the money.

CapsuleCorp
02-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey! I finished a hall costume!

You can all point and laugh at me for pinstriping my own fabric later. Also, still needs wig and shoes. But. For the most part, Sanji is done.

I needed a break from my SF/F entry to feel like I was actually accomplishing something. That means...one down, three (minimum) to go!

von Drago
02-02-2010, 09:05 AM
You can all point and laugh at me for pinstriping my own fabric later.

We were planning on that anyway:cool:

RaDragon76
02-02-2010, 11:17 AM
New techniques are the best! One of the main reasons I costume is to continue learning new things.

Looking forward to seeing what you're doing.

I thought it was high time I expanded my skill set and choosing this costume offered me the perfect opportunity to do so. It's been rather time consuming but in the end it'll have been worth it for the skills I'm learning, which can be used on other costumes in the future.

You can all point and laugh at me for pinstriping my own fabric later. Also, still needs wig and shoes. But. For the most part, Sanji is done.

Hey, you do what you have to do for the sake of accuracy. Am I right? Besides that sounds exactly like something you would do anyway. :toothy:

We've finished two of three new hall costumes though the rest of what we're planning for hall wear are things we already had on hand. I'm not sure if we'll actually wear all of the ones we're planning on bringing but we'll have them if we need them.

CapsuleCorp
02-03-2010, 01:14 AM
Hurrhurr Nora. XD Susan's right - where else am I going to get an orange pinstriped dress shirt?

I need to sidetrack and work on a commission, though, and then I can get back to beading and embellishing like mad. MAAAAD!

RaDragon76
02-03-2010, 02:03 PM
I need to sidetrack and work on a commission, though, and then I can get back to beading and embellishing like mad. MAAAAD!

I hear you there. I'm embroidering and embellishing like mad. So I guess this means that we're all going to be a little touched in head after we're done. :schitzo::toothy:

von Drago
02-03-2010, 07:14 PM
So I guess this means that we're all going to be a little touched in head after we're done. :schitzo::toothy:

You're costumers - you were touched in the head to start with!

(:skidude2:Now I will sink back into the CC28 FFF files from which I rose to briefly comment.)

RaDragon76
02-03-2010, 08:19 PM
You're costumers - you were touched in the head to start with!

(:skidude2:Now I will sink back into the CC28 FFF files from which I rose to briefly comment.)

So I guess that means your touched in the head as well, Nora. :)

von Drago
02-04-2010, 02:32 PM
So I guess that means your touched in the head as well, Nora. :)
Well, yes.

If I had any sense whatsoever I wouldn't be "helping" with the Costume-Con site & the CC28 Folio when I have things to do on the ICGallery & maybe some sewing.

As well as all that "life" stuff.

:woah:

RaDragon76
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
That's true.

My historical costume is progressing well. I'm almost done embroidering the slippers and I found a plain fan base that's the right color to go with the costume although it still needs something painted on it. I've also started on the only remaining "simple" accessory though I still need some fabric for that as well as the main pieces of the costume now that I'm pretty sure the patterns for those are going to work. I really need to get started on the more complex accessories since I'm not entirely sure how we're going to be constructing two of them at the moment and the other has lots of little fiddly bits that need to be made.

trixyloupwolf
02-13-2010, 11:13 AM
single pattern: half done hahaha!!

back and front sew but not the rest ^^

ive bought my fabric for the folio one^^
and got my fabric for the fantaisie one ^^

my doll well i have the idea need to decide wich doll to take down ^^:: hehehe!!

hug!!

Gravely
02-14-2010, 01:19 AM
well, now that CC-27 is in the history books, I am just glad to be able to try to do something again. def 1 thing, maybe 2

trixyloupwolf
02-14-2010, 01:38 AM
yeah! can<t wait to see ^^

supergeekgirl
02-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Found out we can't take our airsoft props to Naka-Kon. *boo-hoo* Anyone know what the rule for Costume-Con will be?

khenemetset
03-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Looks like our Doll Contest entry will be done next weekend. I'd say this weekend but we've got to get some time in to work on Historical as well. At least it's coming along though. :)

CapsuleCorp
03-07-2010, 05:32 PM
We've shifted gears to get our hall costumes out of the way so we can spend the last two months (well...month and a half now) solely focused on our SF&F entry. I don't even want to think about how much more work is needed on that. BUT...at least we'll have new costumes in the halls.

I finished my own shinigami academy shihakusho today (all but the collar band on the kosode) and will be doing Rosanna's when her linen comes in (this week we hope). Whipping out a couple of costumes that had no extra detail work on them, just all sewing, gives a sense of accomplishment when our contest entry requires miles of beadwork.

RaDragon76
03-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Didn't really get as far on my historical entry as I had planned due to getting either a spring cold or some kind of allergy problem. I spent from Friday through Sunday not feeling the best though I did manage to do a little sewing on the doll contest entry and to help finish up a couple of other bits for the historical entry though not on much to do with my own sadly. Hopefully now that I'm feeling better it'll be back to my usual amount of work on it.

Kaijugal
03-11-2010, 03:38 AM
Didn't really get as far on my historical entry as I had planned .

We know how you feel. Maral and I are still awaiting a pattern before we can proceed with ours. -_- *sigh* I want to get the main sewing done asap so I can move onto the embellishments. ^_^;; I hate having to do things last minute!

trixyloupwolf
03-11-2010, 04:40 AM
iam done like 3 quarter of 2 costume not so bad will rest my normal masquerade entry of course ^^

but for single pattern just need to ajud the pants and sew a fake skin (nah youll see^^)
for fashion folio
missing the wing the tail and the top part necklace of the dress ^^
and to paint my shoe red (need to find paint for shoe nya)

RaDragon76
03-11-2010, 04:04 PM
We know how you feel. Maral and I are still awaiting a pattern before we can proceed with ours. -_- *sigh* I want to get the main sewing done asap so I can move onto the embellishments. ^_^;; I hate having to do things last minute!

I do hate doing things at the last minute too. We've had the opposite problem with our historical from you guys. We have the necessary patterns but lack a bit of fabric still to complete some things. Among other things I still need to buy some trim for parts of the costume as well as fabric for some lining and a few things for the rest of my accessories.

Seems to me that there are going to be a lot of costumes with embellishments this year at CC.

khenemetset
03-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Lots of work got done this weekend. :) Looks like, if things stay on track and money isn't too much of a problem that our historical entry will get finished next weekend. It would be nice to have several weeks with nothing to do (well, aside of working on getting our documentation together) before the con.

BoinkCoBoy
04-02-2010, 04:09 PM
All sewing on my historical is done, although I want to make a replacement undershirt.

Just need to do the documentation.

RaDragon76
04-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm pretty much done with all the embellishments on my historical entry costume now. I'll still be adding trims and maybe doing a little embroidery but the most time consuming and difficult parts are pretty much over for me I think. Most of what's left is actual sewing, most of which will be by hand. I still have loads of trim to attach and lining or hems to do. I'll still be busy for a week at least with that.

We're having our own personal "stitch n bitch" this weekend again so hopefully things will be pretty close to being completed by the end of it. Then all that will be needed to do will be to finish putting the documentation together.

supergeekgirl
04-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Got my wig and ventilating needles today for my F&SF entry, so now I need to learn to ventilate. Wish me luck!

trixyloupwolf
04-03-2010, 06:30 AM
today doing my first corset a friend showing me how yeah!!!
will be my first corrset ever ill made ^^ nya!

Buddycat
04-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Found out we can't take our airsoft props to Naka-Kon. *boo-hoo* Anyone know what the rule for Costume-Con will be?

Generally speaking, "don't be dumb". We're all adults (chornologically). Unless those who have attended CC before 10 can remember anything, there's never been a problem with weapons brandishing. Shooting stuff in the halls would violate the general rule I just mentioned. You're safe.

supergeekgirl
04-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Generally speaking, "don't be dumb". We're all adults (chornologically). Unless those who have attended CC before 10 can remember anything, there's never been a problem with weapons brandishing. Shooting stuff in the halls would violate the general rule I just mentioned. You're safe.

Thanks! I wasn't planning on loading it. In fact, I'm shortening the barrel, so I doubt it would fire anyway.

Cons are getting really annoying with their rules against guns because airsoft guns are starting to be considered real weapons.