PDA

View Full Version : Shoujocon 2003 Costume Scores!

Tweener
08-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Hi, hi, Everyone!

This is Rachel Ann, the Costume Coordinator for Shoujocon 2003. I'm very glad to see all the positive feedback here in the forum. This was the first time I was in charge of a cosplay and I was very nervous! But I had a great time and I'm SO happy everyone else did, too!

I also see from the notes that everyone would like to see the final scores for the Cosplay and the Hall Fashion Contest. Well,

HERE THEY ARE!!

I don't have some of the information, most notably the names of the Cosplay skits. If you or your group was one of the groups who cosplayed, and you remember your number, please let me know and I'll fill in the skit name. - thanx! Rachel Ann

Shoujocon 2003 Cosplay

JUNIOR CATEGORY - No Entries

STAFF CATEGORY - No Entries

INDIVIDUAL CATEGORY
Place....Ind #......Score......Skit
01.......I-01........425.......unknown
only entrant

GROUP CATEGORY
Place....Group #......Score......Skit
01........G-07..........499.......Anime Idol
02........G-09..........462.......Harry Potter
03........G-11..........458.......Fanboy Protection Service
04........G-02..........445.......
05........G-08..........438.......
06........G-01..........418.......
07........G-06..........392.......
08........G-13..........373.......
09........G-03..........371.......
10........G-12..........339.......
11........G-04..........302.......
12........G-10..........286.......
13........G-05..........219.......

Shoujocon 2003 Hall Fashion

JUNIOR CATEGORY
Place...Photo...Votes...Name........Badge...Costum e
01.........1.....84.....Genny........456....Cardca ptor Sakura/Silent Card
02.........5.....49.....Lindsay......436....Cardca ptor Sakuro / Little Card
03.........6.....47.....Katy.........520....Sailor Mercury
04.........4.....43.....Meghan.......154....Kairi
05.........2.....29.....Pique........338....Prince ss Tutu
06.........7.....14.....Ellie........298....Sailor Chibi-moon
07........3......8.....Jade..........376....Sana-chan

STAFF/PRESS/INDUSTRY CATEGORY (No Prize)
Place...Photo...Votes...Name..........Badge...Cost ume
01........4.......56....Adam.... .....Press...Barret
02........5.......44....MJ............S60.....Sail or Chiron
03........2.......38....Daniela.......--......World of Elegance
04........1.......34....Beth..........S62.....Nori ko
05........3.......26....Katie.........Guest...Orig inal
06.......10.......21....Raul..........S35.....Bear
07........6.......17....Stephen.......S47.....Erio l
08........7.......16....Kerry........S101.....Prin cess Hina
09........9.......15....Anna.........BAAF.....Ky Kiske
10........8.......13....Dillon........S44.....Japa nese Diet

INDIVIDUAL CATEGORY
01.........1......51....Lauryn..........95....Gamb ler Rikku
02.........4......39....Melanie........133....Alex iel
03.........5......38....Scott..........377....Deji ko
04.........8......34....Amberlee.......262....Bras ka
05.........2......28....Mercy..........401....Kiki
06(t)......3......23....Mineka.........108....Suu
06(t)......9......23....Meredith.......162....Prin cess Kakyuu
08........10......22....Annette........470....Tsuk asa
09.........6......14....Mai.............30....Smil ing Winner / Battle Royale
10.........7.......8....Kati...........169....Haru to

GROUP CATEGORY
01.........1......70....Dustin.........252....Ange lic Layer
02.........4......41....Michal.........279....Silv er Ash
03(t)......3......38....Sandra.........200....Prin cess Tutu Group
03(t)......6......38....Lisa...........258....King dom Hearts
05(t)......5......20....Matthew........305....Bugg y & Alveda
05(t)......7......20....Sarah..........342....Chob its
05(t)......9......20....Tari-chan......264....Shoujo Bubble
08.........8......13....n/a............111....Rikku & Yuna
09........10......11....Missing....Missing....Miss ing
10.........2.......9....Sara............42....Weis s Cruz

That's it for now! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.

TTFN!
Rachel Ann

hikura
08-28-2003, 05:41 PM
I know this is most likely the wrong place to ask this but jsut wondering how where the finally 10 in each area of the hall cosplay decied?Just wondering.

Tenjou
08-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Hi there Rachel! ^^ You did a great job with the cosplay! ^_^

Here's my question though- I thought that the Fanboy skit came in 3rd and the Harry Potter skit 2nd? ^^;;;; it's probably me and my poor memory though XD

krystal1314
08-28-2003, 07:40 PM
Yay! Thanks for the scores! And yes, I agree with Tenjou... You did a wonderful job with the masquarade! It was very organized and I was very happy that we didn't have to wait for the next day to find out who the winners are ^_^

marsie
08-28-2003, 08:16 PM
I know this is most likely the wrong place to ask this but jsut wondering how where the finally 10 in each area of the hall cosplay decied?Just wondering.

Staff chose them out of all the ones entered

Tenjou- Nope that is the correct tally. ^_^

RachelAnn- *blows tons of kisses* It is me Beth! ^_^ Just wanted to say hi! Good luck on your journey for con chair! ^_^ You'll do great! Hope to hear from you soon!

Tenjou
08-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Tenjou- Nope that is the correct tally. ^_^

oh okay ^^;;;; thank you for clearing that up!! I thought it was probably just my memory. -goes to edit pictures again XD-

Casey Catt
08-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Nope that is the correct tally. ^_^

Er... did they announce them in the wrong order, then? Because at both the cosplay and the ending ceremonies, I'm certain I heard it announced that the Harry Potter skit won second, and the Fanboy one took third.

Tweener
08-29-2003, 08:40 AM
Hi hi, Tenjou!

I thought that the Fanboy skit came in 3rd and the Harry Potter skit 2nd? ^^;;;; it's probably me and my poor memory though XD

*gasp!* :waaaah: You're RIGHT!! I'll just put it down to tediousness; I'd entered the Hall Fashion numbers first and all those little dots had made me a wee bit tired.

Anyway, it's fixed now. Thanx for the catch!

TTFN!
Rach

Tenjou
08-29-2003, 02:39 PM
Hi hi, Tenjou!

*gasp!* :waaaah: You're RIGHT!! I'll just put it down to tediousness; I'd entered the Hall Fashion numbers first and all those little dots had made me a wee bit tired.

Anyway, it's fixed now. Thanx for the catch!

TTFN!
Rach

^^ LOL lines and dots can get me mixed up too sometimes. like copying the periodic table to study for an exam XD

cool! you're very welcome! -edits pictures again- =D

marsie
08-29-2003, 02:46 PM
RACHEL ANN!!!-
That is the last time I go with your tallies. *baka neko*
lol

Sorry I had to defer to my dominmistress on that one. ^_^

nekyo
08-30-2003, 12:06 AM
Rachel Ann, I figure if anyone will know, it will be you ^_^!! I was more concerned in knwing if I'd even placed, and when I told my firends how we fared, the first thing they said was "well, did we win anything in tieing for 4th?" Well, to satiate their curiosity (I'm just happy to know that my costumes were well liked enough to place! oh, we were the shoujo bubbles, by the way), I told them I'd ask, so ask I have ^^;;

thanks for your time ^_^!
-nekyo (Tari-chan)

Michela
08-30-2003, 02:21 PM
Erm, I have a question about the group category photos in the hall contest... my friend Jen and I (Mad Hatter and Raziel of the Angel Sanctuary group, we were listed under "Jen," methinks) were finalists who included our names and badge numbers, and we weren't listed on the list... On one of the other threads, PockyDarcy said we won second place, but now I'm so confused! Could somebody please help? (I feel so torn between feeling overjoyed at winning and disappointed at losing ^^)

Tweener
09-02-2003, 09:07 AM
Hi-hi, Nekyo!

Rachel Ann, I figure if anyone will know, it will be you ^_^!! I was more concerned in knwing if I'd even placed, and when I told my firends how we fared, the first thing they said was "well, did we win anything in tieing for 4th?" Well, to satiate their curiosity (I'm just happy to know that my costumes were well liked enough to place! oh, we were the shoujo bubbles, by the way), I told them I'd ask, so ask I have ^^;;

Sorry, :lost: but we could only afford to give out prizes to first place. We even needed a couple of donated prizes to cover just them.

Still, 4th place ain't too bad. And you'll have both the warm glow of achievement and the taste of challenge to do better to be your reward for the next year. *ahem* Yeah.... riiiiiiight.

TTFN!
Rach

Tweener
09-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Hi-hi, Michela!

Erm, I have a question about the group category photos in the hall contest... my friend Jen and I (Mad Hatter and Raziel of the Angel Sanctuary group, we were listed under "Jen," methinks) were finalists who included our names and badge numbers, and we weren't listed on the list... On one of the other threads, PockyDarcy said we won second place, but now I'm so confused! Could somebody please help? (I feel so torn between feeling overjoyed at winning and disappointed at losing ^^)

Well, I DO have that one missing photo at ninth place. Someone had taken the photo before we were able to record who it was in the final tally. Was that you guys? On the finalists voting list, you would have been photo #10.

As for winning the category, Angelic Layer was so far ahead, even an airhead like me could figure out who won.

TTFN!
Rach

Michela
09-02-2003, 06:20 PM
Well, I DO have that one missing photo at ninth place. Someone had taken the photo before we were able to record who it was in the final tally.

Now that I remember, a girl Jen (Mad Hatter) and I met asked the staff, then us, to take the photo, (it was so flattering!) so that must have been us. Thanks for reminding me!

ki kuru kitty
09-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Thats really a shame, I was in group number three and we have been working on our skit for nearly a month now. To end up in 9th place, I congratulate the winners though I'll just be working harder for the next skit.

Michela
09-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Was your group the Evangelion skit? :::Tearry-eyed::: I loved it so much! I was so disappointed you guys didn't win anything (I thought you deserved *something,* at least... I mean, the second I returned home from Shoujocon, I turned on the TV to find Grease was on... I couldn't stop giggling for nearly an hour XD) I'm so glad *somebody* understands the relationship between Kaworu and Shinji other than myself! (Methinks I actually pulled you guys over at one point and let you know how much I loved it ^_^)
You guys did such a great job and it was obvious that you worked very hard for what you did (choreography is not easy, my children. I once arranged a choreographed skit, but that particular con's masquerade was too disorganized to include our music. 'Twas quite disappointing, but that was why I loved having a rehearsal at Shoujocon so much!)

John_B_00
03-17-2004, 04:50 AM
Ummm.. just curios, in case anyone reads this topic anymore. You said that Angelic Layer was THAT far ahead and you could just afford to give prizes to the first place winners? That would be the Angelic Layer guys right? Are you suuuuure you could even afford that. I know from a good source that despite askin multiple times, the winning Group: Angelic Layer people... :), never did recieve anything for thier hard work. Not even recognitionon the Shoujocon page. Wierd huh? Its as if one of them pissed someone off or something. Because they were kinda.. eh... forgotten? I dunno, maybe someone can explain this. Prolly not.

Eriol
03-17-2004, 11:40 AM
You bring this up now, way after the event? Knowing from a good source isn't the same as the people in the Angelic Layer group having a problem. The Angelic Layer group should have complained right after the event/con if they received no prizes. They were announced as winners at the con, so they got recognition there.

The winners were announced at the con and here in this thread. The winner's list was never posted to the website.

John_B_00
03-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Ok, so just to clarify, the 'good source' would be two of the cosplayers in the group. My roomate and I. And we never complained about it because we knew of the financial difficulties Shoujocon was having last year. But we damn sure brought it to thier attention muuuuuultiple times after the event. And as far as the recognition thing goes, yeah Rachel Ann was kind enough to post result at SJC and here at the Cosplay forums. But on the SJC page, If I'm not mistaken, there was a list of '03 Hall contest winners that listed everyone that won, well everyone except for the group hall contest winners. I'm really not getting all worked up about this, because like you mentioned, this was alooooong time ago and all the calling and asking about this was done with once we just stopped getting replies to our emails and phone calls. It's really no big deal. I just happened to be surfin through the forum topics and found this one, I'm definately not trying to get on your bad side Eriol. In fact you were one of the cooler people I met at SJC. Thanks for the reply though.

Eriol
03-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Ok, so just to clarify, the 'good source' would be two of the cosplayers in the group. My roomate and I. And we never complained about it because we knew of the financial difficulties Shoujocon was having last year. But we damn sure brought it to thier attention muuuuuultiple times after the event. And as far as the recognition thing goes, yeah Rachel Ann was kind enough to post result at SJC and here at the Cosplay forums. But on the SJC page, If I'm not mistaken, there was a list of '03 Hall contest winners that listed everyone that won, well everyone except for the group hall contest winners. I'm really not getting all worked up about this, because like you mentioned, this was alooooong time ago and all the calling and asking about this was done with once we just stopped getting replies to our emails and phone calls. It's really no big deal. I just happened to be surfin through the forum topics and found this one, I'm definately not trying to get on your bad side Eriol. In fact you were one of the cooler people I met at SJC. Thanks for the reply though.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. This appears to be a case of mismanagement (which all cons suffer to varying degree). :/

All I can say is that as the presiding webmaster in 2003, I processed the update requests sent to me. So, if all you saw was the Individual Hall Contest Winners on the SJC website, but not the Group Hall Contest winners, then that is all the information I received.

All I can say is that everybody should cosplay for the fun of it, and not even think about any prizes, awards, or other recognition. No expectations, no disappointments. heh

marsie
03-17-2004, 04:39 PM
If the Angelic Layer won first place....like I do remember them doing. And I remeber that they didn't even bother to stay for the closing cermonies. Which is where the prizes were handed out. And they DID have a prize. But if they didn't give proper names. (Since I did the tallies of the cosplay hall contest with the chair) We are not magicians and we can not fly prizes to those who didn't give proper names and address'. The prize was there. I know for a FACT.

If you want to bad mouth ShoujoCon or if you were THAT hyped up on getting your prize then you should have:

1. Done it when you found out you won. (August of last year)
2. Contacted the Con Chair or ANYONE of the many of Staff Memebers
3. Stayed for the Closing Ceremonies

Personally, my feeling is TOUGH LUCK. The prize was there, Rachel Ann did announce it, not just here but in multiple forums, as well as being announced at Closing Cermonies.

You should have given better names other than "Angelic Layer" which was all that was on the form you placed with the hall contest memebers.

At least all of the Princess Tutu group attended.

Eriol my dear- We are the few that do it for the fun, I guess. We should just be crowned the Rulers of the World....or at least me....You can be my Court Jester/Grand Vizer, as we discussed many times before. heh

Eriol
03-17-2004, 04:51 PM
2. Contacted the Con Chair or ANYONE of the many of Staff Memebers

This person claimed that they tried to contact staff, but no replies were returned. *shrugs*

Eriol my dear- We are the few that do it for the fun, I guess. We should just be crowned the Rulers of the World....or at least me....You can be my Court Jester/Grand Vizer, as we discussed many times before. heh

Sorry, but my loyalties belong to another now.

Make your boyfriend swear fealty to you or something. heh

marsie
03-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Sorry, but my loyalties belong to another now.

Make your boyfriend swear fealty to you or something. heh

Bah...he is easy to win over....all i have to do is smile sweetly.

Your chica will love to be part of the empire...she can be Grand Duchess of the....Ball...! Yea!