PDA

View Full Version : Ezio Auditore help

DarkSora
01-17-2010, 05:22 AM
Hey guys, I am struggling to make the Ezio costume and I am using Baroque satin which I was told was wrong...However...i may still be able to pull it off nonetheless however the belt is where I am struggling cos i dont know how to make the insignia without having to spend too much on it...:eek:
So, what can I use to make the belt insignia with?:confused:
I have a gaia account with the image on but am ashamed too show it in case some people are too harsh....:waaaah:

fev
01-17-2010, 09:00 AM
if you read the other thread that you had JUST posted to, or the link that someone dropped for you at UBI forums , theres a link to the AC thread that dicusses ALL of that

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=131330&page=133

I've also seen your gaia, and postings on ubi. Seriously, noone was being harsh.. People are trying to HELP you improve your cosplay, and avoid repeating the same mistakes others and cosplay sellers have made by suggesting other materials.

PLEASE don't confuse the two, because it makes it more & more difficult for the folks who really WANT advice to actually get it. As evidenced by members finding it necessary to preempt anything that -isn't- blazing praise with lines like "not tying to sound harsh" and "not trying to be mean" before posting often times, excellent suggestions they DO dare sharing, they've been traumatized by all the ubersensitive people whining they're attacking them or some junk, and wind up less inclined to help anyone at ALL :\

If you want to know what "harsh" is, post your wips on 4chan.

DarkSora
01-17-2010, 11:21 AM
if you read the other thread that you had JUST posted to, or the link that someone dropped for you at UBI forums , theres a link to the AC thread that dicusses ALL of that

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=131330&page=133

I've also seen your gaia, and postings on ubi. Seriously, noone was being harsh.. People are trying to HELP you improve your cosplay, and avoid repeating the same mistakes others and cosplay sellers have made by suggesting other materials.

PLEASE don't confuse the two, because it makes it more & more difficult for the folks who really WANT advice to actually get it. As evidenced by members finding it necessary to preempt anything that -isn't- blazing praise with lines like "not tying to sound harsh" and "not trying to be mean" before posting often times, excellent suggestions they DO dare sharing, they've been traumatized by all the ubersensitive people whining they're attacking them or some junk, and wind up less inclined to help anyone at ALL :\

If you want to know what "harsh" is, post your wips on 4chan.
Well I was going to ask you for help seeing as I admired ur Ezio. Maybe i was mistaken cos now i am getting attitude. I guess you didnt see my posts on deviantart and ur cosplay project.

DarkSora
01-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Well i was going to name drop you for help because you have an amazing Ezio but maybe I was mistaken in thinking of asking and perhaps you didn't see my posts on your deviantart and cosplay project because there is no need for sarcasm and
ps. my internet was down so i couldnt access the link

DarkSora
01-17-2010, 12:13 PM
So How do i pull it off cos my last resort is actually buying it but it's really difficult seeing as i have bills to pay etc...so its knowing I have enough money and knowing the limit. Damn its gonna be hard...Yeah so there is a thread explaining how people do it but then that gets confusing...

makeshiftwings
01-17-2010, 12:48 PM
So How do i pull it off cos my last resort is actually buying it but it's really difficult seeing as i have bills to pay etc...so its knowing I have enough money and knowing the limit. Damn its gonna be hard...Yeah so there is a thread explaining how people do it but then that gets confusing...

Then what do you expect people to do? Make it for you? You're asking how to make it but then said it's confusing. You've posted in 3 separate places on this site and seeing what fev said even more. People will help you if they feel like it. You don't need to post everywhere.

Ezio is a really, really difficult cosplay to pull off and cannot be done well in a short amount of time and a lack of money. You may want to consider another cosplay.

DarkSora
01-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Then what do you expect people to do? Make it for you? You're asking how to make it but then said it's confusing. You've posted in 3 separate places on this site and seeing what fev said even more. People will help you if they feel like it. You don't need to post everywhere.

Ezio is a really, really difficult cosplay to pull off and cannot be done well in a short amount of time and a lack of money. You may want to consider another cosplay.

Its worse here than on Gaia, i say its confusing because everyone has different ways of making things and its hard following the best method.
Also, I have a very tight budget and its nice that there are people out there that actually want to help rather than being harsh and yes i will use that word freely. Cosplayers are meant to help other cosplayers not scold them for just trying. Maybe the amount of posts constitutes how desperate i am for help rather than ridicule...seriously do any of you live in a flat and have to pay various bills etc...and work night shifts in care and living off a tight budget and using spare cash to make a costume with it being a hobby. so yeah i need help.

makeshiftwings
01-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Its worse here than on Gaia, i say its confusing because everyone has different ways of making things and its hard following the best method.
Also, I have a very tight budget and its nice that there are people out there that actually want to help rather than being harsh and yes i will use that word freely. Cosplayers are meant to help other cosplayers not scold them for just trying. Maybe the amount of posts constitutes how desperate i am for help rather than ridicule...seriously do any of you live in a flat and have to pay various bills etc...and work night shifts in care and living off a tight budget and using spare cash to make a costume with it being a hobby. so yeah i need help.

Like I said, people will help when they feel like helping. Maybe people aren't helping you because that question has already been answered somewhere and you have to do some research and look around first.
I'm not scolding you for trying. It's common sense to look at what Ezio's cosplay entails (lots of leather, expensive fabric since he's rich, etc. etc.) and know you can't pull it off without a lot of money and a lot of time.
And yes, I know what it's like to be poor. I have $20 in my bank account and a $480 credit card balance. College. Virtually no income. I have cosplays I want to do but I'm not about to do them because I have no money, and there are more important things to spend money on than cosplay. And I don't want my cosplays to look cheap, so I will do them when I can afford them.

Yui
01-17-2010, 05:44 PM
DarkSora =
Please always let people know -what- you budget is exactly, and also what your time schedule is like. It's totally possible to make a complex costume on what I would consider a very tight budget. (I do with my costumes.)
It's also usually good practice to mention what techniques you are already familiar with and always provide a ref image....even to those who are talking about a game they love, to avoid confusion.
It's not necessary that you post your current experiments if you are not happy with them, but people here will be able to more readily assist in trouble-shooting your problems.
(Also, mentions of your living conditions or views on cosplayer ethics are not on-topic for the *costume* discussion forums. You can talk about those sort of topics in the General Cosplay Chat or Cosplay Newbies sub-forums instead.)

If you are having trouble starting your cosplay, research that big old AC thread
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=131330
and be inspired by how others have gone about it, but never feel obligated to follow a tutorial exactly. You're allowed to be creative - it's your costume after all, and you are more than welcome to choose your own creative process. Just don't be afraid to ask for -specific- help there when you get stuck.