PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Event on 1/30 in Tokyo

mixaka
01-19-2010, 07:50 AM
As long as it's not snowing (knock on wood) I will be attending a Japan Cosplay Festival (JCF) event on January 30th at the Toshimaen Amusement Park with a friend. More details on the event can be found at http://takama.ne.jp/jcf/eventview.cgi?kid=k004322

The event takes place at the Toshimaen Amusement Park, which is in front of the Toshimaen train station. Super easy to find! It runs from 10am till 4pm. I probably won't arrive until around noon or so. Entrance fee is 1500円 and the photo taking fee is 500円.

The following are prohibited:
men dressing as women
dressing as a civil servant/police officer/ military member
arriving in costume to the event
using a discount ticket to the amusement park for the cosplay event
there are also some pretty strict rules regarding tattoos (put in place by the park, not the JCF) and if I'm reading it right, you can have tattoos on your face, but none below the neck. Even if it is a fake tattoo.

The more the merrier, so if you'd like to meet up before the event and attend with us, just let me know!

Also, if you have any questions about the event or need help with figuring out how to get there, please let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.

crystaltiara
01-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Sounds interesting! I think I won't be busy on the 30th, so it's highly likely that I'll go. After all, I'll be leaving Japan soon, so this will be my last cosplay event.

A question, though: Since this event takes place inside an amusement park, do we have to pay a separate fee for entrance?

Oh, and if you don't mind me asking, who are you going as?

mixaka
01-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Yay! I'd love to hang out with you again before you leave. Also, no extra fee. Registering for the cosplay event gets you access to the park. However, buying a ticket to the park does not give you access to the cosplay event. I made that mistake the very first time I went. :crylaugh:

I'll be going as Beatrice and my friend will be borrowing my Takano costume.

crystaltiara
01-21-2010, 04:32 AM
Okay, thanks for the info! :) I'll definitely try my best to go there.

Beatrice, huh? In that case, maybe I'll go as Rosa again...

By the way, are fake weapons allowed in this event?

mixaka
01-21-2010, 07:58 AM
The only reference the rules makes in regards to props is to keep them put away when not taking picutres and to be careful of your surroundings when using them.

Hmmm, there is also a chance that the lockers in the dressing room may be coin lockers. It's been a while since I've been to this event though and I can't quiet remember.

mixaka
01-26-2010, 02:47 AM
Just a side note as I've had some PMs about it. The event is a 2 day event that will happen on both the 30th and 31st. I, however, will only be attending on the 30th.