PDA

View Full Version : blizzcon 2010

okageo
01-20-2010, 03:19 AM
ALRIGHT whose going!?!? meet up!? cosplay!? and does anyone know when the tickets going to be sold?

oh and im cosplaying paladin Arthas :) (back when he was still asian/white)

dbchan
03-26-2010, 11:52 PM
....When in the world was Arthas ever asian?! lol. Just saying.

Blizzcon 2010 has been announced for October and still in Anaheim (thank god, after those Vegas rumors).

Hopefully the official blizzcon '10 forum goes up soon. :heart:

Idmaif
07-07-2010, 11:52 AM
has anyone checked out any blizzard forums today? they are talking about having real ID everywhere and thousands of people are going mad and threatening to quit... this could effect blizzcon, it sure lowered my thoughts about blizzard but ill still work for this years blizzcon...

Ayabi
07-07-2010, 01:52 PM
has anyone checked out any blizzard forums today? they are talking about having real ID everywhere and thousands of people are going mad and threatening to quit... this could effect blizzcon, it sure lowered my thoughts about blizzard but ill still work for this years blizzcon...

This hardly changes BlizzCon. Keep in mind that this has not yet been implemented, and I am certain that they will change the way in which it functions. Perhaps they will design it so that on the forums -- much like in the game -- you will only see the real names of players you have added as Real ID friends. I highly doubt that a large number of players will quit just because their real name would be shown on forum posts: Most players, myself included, do not post on the forums. The majority play Blizzard games and don't care to be involved with petty drama and gripe/attention threads.

People will still play Blizzard games and cosplay from them -- regardless of how this system is implemented. I am one of those players. Please do not panic. Feel free to post replies in appropriate threads on the Blizzard forums to address your concerns.

In the meantime, and quite fortunately for those of you who may have some posting regret (I never post there, so I'm not among this number), THE CHANGE WILL NOT BE RETROACTIVE. That means all old posts will retain the name of the character with which you made the post on the forums.

For more information (and to prevent topic deviation):
WoW.com's coverage of Blizzard's responses to the Real ID situation (http://www.wow.com/2010/07/06/blizzards-responses-on-the-real-id-situation/)
Full article about Real ID's intent (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/05/blizzard-and-facebooks-friendly-social-networking-deal-launches-with-starcraft-ii-/1) (from @MikeSacco)

Note: This is on-topic because the issue addressed convention attendance and how the community will be impacted by the Real ID changes.

Wren
07-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Did you get your tickets Okageo?

Ayabi
08-03-2010, 05:58 AM
Please feel free to add to this thread (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=216344). It was created to track all relevant information, post news updates, organize gatherings, and host general conversation about BlizzCon :3