PDA

View Full Version : 501st Legion/Star Wars Costumes

Mersaydee
01-21-2010, 02:27 AM
I'm a relatively new member of the 501st Legion, the international costuming group for "dark side" Star Wars characters. There are more than 4,000 members worldwide, so I was wondering if any of them live here! My costume is an Imperial Crewman/TIE Fighter Pilot (IC/TI). My husband's also an Imperial Crewman, patiently waiting for his TIE armor to come in. Here are a few pics:

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt199/skithas/20091128/IMG_2800.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt199/skithas/501/20091220/IMG_2893.jpg

Any other Stormtroopers, Sith Lords, Bounty Hunters, or heck - even Jedi and smugglers out there?:)

kelldar
01-21-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm tk-9997, MidSouth Garrison :) I've got a TK, BH (Boushh), ID and SL (Mara Jade), and rebel legion wise I've got a bunch of Leias and Padmes. my husband's also a 501st member, Vader & various clonetroopers!

Mersaydee
01-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Oh wow, awesome! That's quite a variety of costumes you have.:) I've heard, though, that once you get one - it can be addictive. Heck, the husband hasn't even gotten his TI gear yet, and ALREADY he's making plans for a TK. He's got about three different blasters lying around here just ready to go in case he makes the jump to white armor.:toothy:

alpha_helix
01-21-2010, 04:45 PM
One of these days I'm going to make an Imperial officer uniform and try to join the 501st. One of these days :/

Braithcakes
01-21-2010, 05:21 PM
I've been working on a sith costume, but I probably wouldn't fit into the 501st legion

TK2386
01-21-2010, 07:16 PM
TK-2386. Ohio Garrison, Stormtrooper and Sargent Denal Clonetrooper.

Mersaydee
01-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Excellent! I should mention that I'm IC/TI 2696, Garrison Titan.:bigtu:

kelldar
01-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Oh wow, awesome! That's quite a variety of costumes you have.:) I've heard, though, that once you get one - it can be addictive. Heck, the husband hasn't even gotten his TI gear yet, and ALREADY he's making plans for a TK. He's got about three different blasters lying around here just ready to go in case he makes the jump to white armor.:toothy:

thanks! it is addictive, part of it is just to have a choice of things to wear at events! I tend to wear Leia more often than not but I want to find more excuses to wear my TK... :)

Calo Nord
02-03-2010, 02:20 PM
TK/ID-8489 West Virginia part of Garrison Carida.

SigmaRue
02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm not 501st, but my boyfriend is TK-1625 in the San Diego Squad. I'm a Rebel Legion member under the same username. I've got a purple twi'lek and I an incomplete rebel pilot.

Trumby
02-04-2010, 05:52 AM
TS-4344 here! Cloud City Garrison. I only have the Snowtrooper at the moment, but my next armor project is most likely going to be Commander Cody.

Also working on an orange twi'lek dark jedi (might just submit it as an NJO jedi for RL status though). I've got everything except pants, belt, and lekku. Going to start on the lekku once I get my tax money here soon. I neeed to get these things done by Sakura-con!

Mersaydee
02-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Awesome! So you're going to be at Sakura-Con? That's one of the cons I attend, and my husband is probably going to go TI at least one day (he just got his bucket and chestbox a couple of weeks ago, and he's thrilled). Most of our garrison attends Norwescon that same weekend (it's an official troop for them), so we were wondering if we would be the only 501st members at Sakura-Con! Apparently not, that's awesome.:)

It's great to see a Cloud City member here too, btw. You guys especially are sort of our brothers-in-arms. I know there's a small contingent heading up to the Emerald City Comicon in March - are you planning on heading up, too?

tk6918
02-05-2010, 01:36 AM
TK-6918 here.

Pacific Outpost.

Currently a Stormtrooper

Retired a Royal Guard and Imperial Officer costume. Currently working on a Null ARC trooper, and a Republic Commando :)

Trumby
02-05-2010, 03:10 AM
Yeah, I've been going to Sakura-con every year since 2006. I believe SigmaRue will be there as well (you still planning on it?). I wore my TS there last year and it was my first run of the costume. Not sure if I'm going to bring it this year though. I'll have to see where I get with the twi'lek first.

And agreed, good to see more 501st folks going to my cons :D Also I might be heading up there for ECCC, not sure. Going to depend on work/money probably.

troopermatthew
02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Im a member of the UK Garrison. Check out my profile for mine!

TK 2289
IG 2289
IC 2289
IS 2289

Thanks
Pinky

skithas
02-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Planning on wearing my TI to Sakura-con. I have *zero* clue if I'll have another costume by then.

TI-4976 / IC-4976

TB-2945
02-15-2010, 03:47 PM
tb-2945
Garrison Tyranus

Giant Alucard
02-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Im actually gonna try and join sometime, but I have to find a armor kit first lol (trying to find commando armor, but its rare. Plus im almost 7ft tall so I worry bout stuff being too small.

TB-2945
02-15-2010, 07:34 PM
commando armor is hard to attain. theres some guys in our garrison that are putting together the whole Delta Squad...should be sick.

Codename Gino V
02-28-2010, 02:44 AM
Hi I'm Tk 3870

I have Commander Bly Armor costume also but haven't registered it yet, busy with a 3d animated clone at the moment.

Syagria
03-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Not 501st, but RL member here; Alderaan Base in Northern New England.

Link_Harkanian
03-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Rebel Legion and Jedi Assembly myself, Mountain Base in the Rockies region. Also working on 501st membership; going for that Pre-Armor Vader SL number! ^^

momokokills
03-14-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm a cadet in Garrison Carida! I'll have my DZ (Jawa) done really soon! :)

skithas
04-04-2010, 02:43 AM
TK-6918 here.

Pacific Outpost.

Currently a Stormtrooper

Retired a Royal Guard and Imperial Officer costume. Currently working on a Null ARC trooper, and a Republic Commando :)

Glad we could meet up when you were in town. Sorry you weren't able to go to any events.

Hey look! We met before we met, sorta.

Mersaydee
04-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Trumby - I'm glad we got the chance to meet! Sorry we couldn't hang out more, but hopefully we'll be able to do that more in the future! (P.S. - your Greed costume was great, and dangit, I wish I had my picture taken with you! I was a total goob and blanked! How awesome would that Lust and Greed pic have been?):)

Trumby
04-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Trumby - I'm glad we got the chance to meet! Sorry we couldn't hang out more, but hopefully we'll be able to do that more in the future! (P.S. - your Greed costume was great, and dangit, I wish I had my picture taken with you! I was a total goob and blanked! How awesome would that Lust and Greed pic have been?):)

Thanks! I was glad I got a chance to meet you two as well. Sorry my phone was acting up so much though! And thanks! That was going to be the last time I wore my Greed, but I have friends begging me to keep wearing it so I'm going to wear it at Sakura-con again next year. You were definitely one of the best Lusts I have seen so props on that :)

If you two aren't going to Dragon*con (I know a lot of 501st folks do), there's an anime con down here in Portland that same weekend :)

gattirenata
06-01-2010, 08:09 PM
hey!!! it's like a 5O1st/RL sign off here!!!! =]
I'm SL 5323, CT Garrison!!!!
nice to meet you!!! =]

utahman
06-02-2010, 07:11 PM
ID-3724 from the Alpine Garrison. I'm also working on a Custom Mandalorian for the MMCC and hope to start on a TK before the end of the year.

MissLlil
06-03-2010, 01:34 AM
Can someone point me in the right direction to become one of the Sith Cheerleaders?

tyty

Pilot
06-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Don't kill me, but... I'm working on a new republic jedi kit for joining the Rebel Legion and Jedi Assembly with. Whoo!

Also: SCREW YOU, VERY-SPECIFIC-PEN-CAP, FOOD-CAPSULE BELT ACCESSORY!

u2ecila
06-10-2010, 06:26 PM
MissLlil - look for the sith cheerleaders yahoo group to join and order a uniform,

momokokills
06-11-2010, 10:22 PM
If anyone cared to know, my DZ is finished, haha. There's pics on my profile, but for those who are lazy, here you go:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2513925/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2513921/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2513923/

Satine
06-13-2010, 06:02 PM
I have Mara Jade, Admiral Daala, Padme Light Blue and Leia GG registered though I'm inactive with both groups :)

I have a Slave Leia I have chosen to not register and I am working on an Old Republic bounty Hunter :)

alpha_helix
06-13-2010, 06:14 PM
I think for every month this past year (at least) I've said "Ok, going to start on that Imperial officer uniform." and I still haven't. The good news is that with the rate my D*con projects are going, I might at least be able to start up this summer.

The really cool thing is that the pattern I used for my Mad Hatter coat (Laughing Moon frock coat) could work really well for this with the right mods. It's got all the right seams, and I've already figured out how to make it fit my weird shape.

Pincer
07-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Almost a 501st member here. Registered, but still working on the first costume. I'll have my scout trooper finished up in a few days. Shoot, I can't remember what friggin number I registered with either. **chuckle**

After this one is done then it's onto the AOTC clone trooper with sergeant rank and a clone officer uniform from The Clone Wars. Got a friend bugging me bad to do that one because I can pass for young clone.

Mangochutney
07-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Not going to be done with the outfit as a whole for a long, LONG time--partially because I'll be selling blood plasma for months to pay for the velvet--but I've just started on the underdress for Amidala's Senate gown in Episode 1, the one with the hair horns and water-buffalo overcoat. EEEE! Bright colors AND ridiculous beading!

Just registered at Rebel Legion, but like I said it's going to be a while before I'm out trooping.

noirstar45
07-23-2010, 03:57 PM
I've always wanted to do an Imperial officer costume. But I haven't sewn in so long.
We're going to do this funny horse back riding team competition next year and we're leaning on doing Star Wars costumes. So if we end up doing it, I definitely have to get into gear and sew it finally.

alpha_helix
08-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Started drafting the pattern for my Imperial Officer uniform last night!

I'm still dithering on which variant I wanna do. Currently leaning toward Ysanne Isard, love the red!

tereshkova2001
09-06-2010, 09:53 PM
I've more or less finished the mockup for my movie poster Princess Leia dress. (This one (http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gallery/albums/userpics/StarWarsep4poster.jpg), off the original ANH poster.) I decided to do a different sexy Star Wars outfit than the usual slave bikini. It's been really interesting working from a single reference painting rather than lots of photos from different angles. It gives me a lot of freedom to make changes from the usual ceremonial dress costume, since it's artwork and not a real, fabric, dress.

Zombie Hadouken
09-07-2010, 05:55 AM
make sure you go to a troop that your local group is doing before you join. get to know the people you will be hanging out with. I joined to have fun and visit kids hospitals and do fund raising events, a few months into it, me and my wife went to Celebration 4 in LA, we met a ton of cool people from other garrisons around the country, and they were all about helping one another out. (for free), when we got back home. i sold my armor to a friend who wanted to join. he is an Army vet who was blasted by an IED in Iraq, and his legs are messed up. when he tried to join, they informed him they would not allow him to on the grounds that he could not stand without his cane, or use his wheelchair. - thats fucked up. rather than sit down and figure out a costume that would work, or some kind of gun/cane, they just said no. I wont say which Garrison I was a member of, but do your homework because some are complete dicks.
oh, and ive met some really awesome garrisons at Celebration, (wont say which ones) so hopefully you get cool poeple and not the clowns i was stuck with.

-if i ever move, i will look into it again...but my local garrison was the epitome of elitist, douchebaginess.

KristinaMJS
09-17-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm working on 501st qualification. :) I'm in the submission process. Visas Marr myself :)

E. Hyde
09-19-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm working on 501st qualification. :) I'm in the submission process. Visas Marr myself :)

Oh, nice! Can you share pictures? That's the costume I want to make, once I finish my Halloween costume. I've got all my fabrics for it but haven't started with the patterning yet.

godmi
09-23-2010, 05:18 PM
I've always wanted to have one of these costumes. Is it frowned upon if you don't make your costume and have someone else make it for you instead? I've heard rumors that these costuming groups can be a little elitist.

E. Hyde
09-23-2010, 06:47 PM
No, lots of people in the 501st have their costumes commissioned. They can be picky though about quality and accuracy, which I think some would consider elitist, but hey, I can be a bit of a perfectionist myself. Their goal is to make it look like the costumes could have been from the actual movies.

Satine
09-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Most people with armour did not make it themselves, and many people will trade skills for other skills :) The cost of sculpting and molding and casting makes it a little hard for everyone to be totally responsible for their own kits ;)

What in particular are you looking at? I find the Flagship Eclipse boards to be the most interesting, they deal with EU characters and so there is a greater emphasis on learning interesting new skills (because of the variety of character costumes).

sazumebachi
11-16-2010, 03:03 PM
^_^ Im Padawan_Rachael from Terripin Base/Maryland Rebel Legion Here's my Leia costume.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t72/ninjagirlrae/AS201030of185.jpg

warui-shoujo
01-31-2011, 05:53 AM
DZ- Anon here... lol meaning I'm pending approval right now. I was recruited by an Imperial who goes by the code name "skithas" :D I just might be dawning the dirty tusken robes at both Sakuracon & ECCC. Depends on my status really.

warui-shoujo
01-31-2011, 05:55 AM
^_^ Im Padawan_Rachael from Terripin Base/Maryland Rebel Legion Here's my Leia costume.

"Y hallo thar young one!" ;D

I'll be thinking of you guys from the west side!

bodatheyoda
01-31-2011, 01:44 PM
TK-8919 of THE Ohio Garrison

Gunnergurl44
02-11-2011, 10:33 PM
*pokes head in the door* Um hi guys! (Hope it's okay if I say hello)

I'm not a member of the 501st or the Rebel Legion (seeing as I'm not old enough yet... I'm only 16 going on 17 next month).

But I wanted to say hi and say how much I really love both the 501st and the Rebel Legion and what you guys do. Hopefully once I get old enough and I make a really good Star Wars Costume I'll join up. (I'm probably gonna wind up in the Rebel Legion first, but I'll make my way over to the 501st! :D )

So yeah, that being said..

"Hi!" :D

Ron Jr
02-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Submitting for approval my ROTJ Vader as soon as my cape/surcoat is done (damn pleats 3 per side and cape has to be six panel). Empire City Garrison.

Blue Leader
03-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm a member of the Rebel Legion's Kashyyyk Base (Oregon). My outfit is a B-wing pilot flightsuit, though I also have a generic Jedi that I need to finish up, and I'm planning a Clone Wars era Jedi (along with another outfit or two).

I am hoping to join the 501st at some point, though I'm not sure what outfit I'll do. I'm leaning towards a TIE pilot but I'm not sure.
Is there a good place to get the armor for the pilot?

warui-shoujo
03-02-2011, 04:10 AM
Submitting for approval my ROTJ Vader as soon as my cape/surcoat is done (damn pleats 3 per side and cape has to be six panel). Empire City Garrison.

Oh wow man... 501st Vader costumes are no joke. Like for realz. I wish you the best of luck on your status!

Jinshi
03-02-2011, 07:49 AM
I have been hanging around with 501st members for at least 7 years, but I just can't be bothered to fill out an application form. I am just a travelling trooper =P. My costumes is a Tie-fighter 181st version. It's ready for clearing, but I don't know which Garrison to join :confused:.

I am also really interested to do a Boba Fett costume. Apparently I would be the first female to do that =P. Anyways, greetings from the German Garrison!!

sporkman
03-02-2011, 01:38 PM
TB-8742 Garrison Carida

Ron Jr
03-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Oh wow man... 501st Vader costumes are no joke. Like for realz. I wish you the best of luck on your status!

Almost 3,000.00 USD invested so far.

Trumby
03-03-2011, 03:40 AM
I bought a Boba Fett off a guy in my garrison and am currently working on getting it up to at least troopable standards. I'm the fourth owner of this particular suit of armor and it has yet to be trooped in! I need a new flight vest, need to weather everything, and I still need his EE-3.

I am hoping to join the 501st at some point, though I'm not sure what outfit I'll do. I'm leaning towards a TIE pilot but I'm not sure.
Is there a good place to get the armor for the pilot?

I'd suggest having a chat (via PM) with the Cloud City Garrison GML (Garrison Membership Liaison) on anything armor related. They have contacts that can get you in the right direction :)

I have been hanging around with 501st members for at least 7 years, but I just can't be bothered to fill out an application form. I am just a travelling trooper =P. My costumes is a Tie-fighter 181st version. It's ready for clearing, but I don't know which Garrison to join :confused:.

The Garrison you want to apply for membership with is the one you are local to and will be trooping the most with, really.

Jinshi
03-03-2011, 11:49 AM
I already sent him a link in a reply but just in case any other people are looking for Tie resources: The Jolly Rogers are the place where you want to be.http://www.jrsforums.com

@Trumby

Given my living circumstances I am local to at least 4-5 garrisons. I change countries and cities on a regular basis so I am bascially local to all and none. And when it comes down to trooping, I have done that equally with ppl from the USA, Europe, Asia and NZ. Really difficult :)

Trumby
03-05-2011, 02:50 AM
Oh wow, I can definitely see how that could be a problem! o.o

warui-shoujo
03-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Almost 3,000.00 USD invested so far.

I believe it. lol A good Stormtrooper or clone is about that much when all is said and done, but they aren't as detailed and high profile as the Vader. Even if you mod the hell out of the rubies garbage. D: So I imagine you might have so more more touch ups to do. I've heard of Vaders going as much as 8 grand. Lol at least you aren't doing the C-3P0 Protocol Droid.

Ron Jr
03-08-2011, 11:11 PM
I believe it. lol A good Stormtrooper or clone is about that much when all is said and done, but they aren't as detailed and high profile as the Vader. Even if you mod the hell out of the rubies garbage. D: So I imagine you might have so more more touch ups to do. I've heard of Vaders going as much as 8 grand. Lol at least you aren't doing the C-3P0 Protocol Droid.

No Rubies on my suit (I do have one). Still waiting on one part then it is done.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/Ron_Jr/DSC_4425.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/Ron_Jr/DSC_4423.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/Ron_Jr/DSC_4454.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/Ron_Jr/DSC_4450.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/Ron_Jr/DSC_4445.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/Ron_Jr/DSC_4431.jpg

warui-shoujo
03-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Ron Jr-

Awesome stuff! I love the neck seal. Nice paint job too! Oh! And is that a real flash for the saber hilt or a replica? And dude... lol it looks like you are going to sweat your arse off in that helmet with all the padding lol

Ron Jr
03-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Ron Jr-

Awesome stuff! I love the neck seal. Nice paint job too! Oh! And is that a real flash for the saber hilt or a replica? And dude... lol it looks like you are going to sweat your arse off in that helmet with all the padding lol

Thanks. Actually the padding isn't that thick and feels nicer than raw foam. Yes it is a real flash, built by the propmaster from Ep IV exactly like the originals.

Satine
03-15-2011, 05:19 PM
New costume made and debuted: Shaak Ti from The Force Unleashed :) Scratchbuilt from raw materials for headpiece and costume, and a few found items for lightsaber and belt.

http://swnz.dr-maul.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=407
I figure it's easier to link to the image dump of progress pics that fill this thread ;)

Demon Doll
03-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Great job, Ron!

Wanted to join the 501st but I like being a twi'lek slave :P

Trumby
03-21-2011, 03:37 PM
That looks great! :D

sazumebachi
03-21-2011, 03:59 PM
:) I'm from the RL from Terripin Base! I Cosplay Princess Leia from ANH, and then I'll be working on padme.

Ron Jr
04-26-2011, 06:58 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208398_10150276834892538_536822537_9570835_1727120 _n.jpg

Me at I-Con. Now a 501st member!!

VampireKitten
04-26-2011, 08:19 PM
New costume made and debuted: Shaak Ti from The Force Unleashed :) Scratchbuilt from raw materials for headpiece and costume, and a few found items for lightsaber and belt.

I figure it's easier to link to the image dump of progress pics that fill this thread ;)

That is freaking impressive.

Darth Sunshine
04-26-2011, 10:30 PM

That is incredible. Shaak Ti is one of my dream costumes, it's awesome to see it done so well.

I'm not a member of the Rebel Legion or 501st yet, but I'm hoping to be a member of the RL by the end of the year. I have a Jedi and a Mission Vao costume right now, and I plan on having "Snowbunny" Padme done in time for Star Wars Fan Days here in Texas and using that as my entry costume. :)

tereshkova2001
02-24-2012, 10:06 AM
So I'm going to have Padmé's rainbow lake dress finished for a convention on Easter weekend. I'm putting together some lightsaber choreography for the presentation, and I have never had so much fun. We're trying to strike a good balance between "reasonable sword combat" and "this is how Jedi fight with lightsabers", which aren't always the same thing! :D I'll share pics and video when I'm actually finished. It's going to be epic.

Mikiru
03-03-2012, 06:47 PM
If anyone cared to know, my DZ is finished, haha. There's pics on my profile, but for those who are lazy, here you go:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2513925/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2513921/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2513923/

That is so cool xD

Great job =D

Mikiru
03-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Ron Jr your Vader costume is incredible xD

Ron Jr
03-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Thank you. Many improvements have been made since that pic was taken.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/DarthBenz/02-20-12/DSC_6467.jpg

anatomic-latex
03-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Darth Talon latex costume is created by me personally....

http://anatomic-latex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Talon21.jpg

Byaren Kenobi
03-16-2012, 02:46 AM
Hi, I'm currently making Padme Amidala parade dress/gown. I'm hoping it's going to be good enough to join the rebel legion.

tereshkova2001
03-31-2012, 10:21 AM
Darth Talon latex costume is created by me personally....

Wow, that's spectacular! How do you see out of it, and can you move your mouth at all?

For myself, except for 10 minutes of wig styling, I've finished Padmé's rainbow lake gown. It is the most beautiful, amazing piece of costuming I've ever done, I think. I'm going to apply to the Rebel Legion once I have some good photos.

Byaren Kenobi, good luck, and be sure to keep us updated.

Fennius
04-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Anyone know where I can get a jedi robe or cloak, ideally in a dark green, in the uk that isn't inordinately expensive.

Alternatively, how hard is it to sew a decent one by hand if you have enough material?

repukken
04-02-2012, 02:52 PM
How many of you here are in San Diego?

Garuda_Aiacos
04-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Given my living circumstances I am local to at least 4-5 garrisons. I change countries and cities on a regular basis so I am bascially local to all and none. And when it comes down to trooping, I have done that equally with ppl from the USA, Europe, Asia and NZ. Really difficult :)

Guess you can get adopted into the local Outpost/Garrison of the place you're at currently?
My Garrison had an Australian Trooper "adopted" into our Garrison when his wife was transfer to here for work for about 2 years and currently "hosting" another from Norway whose wife is transfered here too for work.
The "S.African"? We DRAG him kicking and screaming into the Garrison :crylaugh:

anatomic-latex
04-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Wow, that's spectacular! How do you see out of it, and can you move your mouth at all?

The eyes have openings for pupils.
The lips are motionless.

Hotaru230
06-18-2012, 01:38 PM
anyone going to Star Wars Celebration 2012 in Orlando, FL?

I've made some Padmae outfits and random Jedi, but they weren't that well made.

I plan to make a lot better costumes for celebration. looking at Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade's
wedding robes and a Jedi Secura. also put together some kinda star wars themed Lolita (Japanese fashion style).

Trumby
06-19-2012, 03:07 AM
My girlfriend and I will be going to Celebration. I'll be bringing my dark jedi and probably my Snowtrooper. She's thinking of doing just a jedi.

Ron Jr
06-21-2012, 10:29 PM
I'll be at CVI on Saturday and Sunday. Wearing ROTJ Vader of course.

Satine
06-23-2012, 06:56 AM
I'm going to CVI :) Shae Vizla and a few other costumes :)

Argana
06-27-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm going.

I'm doing my first Cosplay ever, and am working on Padme's parade gown she wore at the end of Episode I. :bigtu:

Ron Jr
07-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Just signed up to be Santa Vader for Hallmark at CVI on Saturday from 2:00 to 3:00. Can't wait.

Argana
07-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Ron - were you at last year's Celebration event? I think I took my picture with you. :)

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo55/klafollette/Carrier/Kindercarry.jpg

Argana
07-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Ron, were you at Celebration V? I think I took my picture with you. :)

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo55/klafollette/Me/Kindercarry.jpg

Blue Leader
07-06-2012, 11:14 PM
I'll be at CVI as a B-wing pilot.
I'm hoping to have two new helmets to bring with me (screen-accurate B-wing pilot helmets made from the original movie-used mold), but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to have time to finish them.
The chestbox should be no problem, though. I've already got a lot finished on it.

I'll be hanging around with the Rebel Legion a fair bit, I'm sure. :p

Ron Jr
07-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Ron, were you at Celebration V? I think I took my picture with you. :)

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo55/klafollette/Me/Kindercarry.jpg

Sorry that wasn't me CVI will be my first Celebration. But if you are at CVI I will gladly take a pic with you.

Argana
07-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Sorry that wasn't me CVI will be my first Celebration. But if you are at CVI I will gladly take a pic with you.

That will be awesome! I'll be there in my Padme Parade Gown...if I can survive the sewing of pedals onto the cape. :)

Biscuit
07-09-2012, 09:38 PM
I decided to start making Padme's "peacock" gown from episode III (cut scene). it was on all the posters etc, and has always been my favorite. I found the PERFECT taffeta for the under-dress today, so I bought 7 yards....hope it's enough, with all that pleating and smocking I might need more 0_0 wish me luck~!

Argana
07-10-2012, 06:07 PM
I decided to start making Padme's "peacock" gown from episode III (cut scene). it was on all the posters etc, and has always been my favorite. I found the PERFECT taffeta for the under-dress today, so I bought 7 yards....hope it's enough, with all that pleating and smocking I might need more 0_0 wish me luck~!

That's awesome! Can't wait to see pics. Are you trying to complete it for any certain event?

tereshkova2001
07-11-2012, 10:25 PM
I won't be at Celebration (maybe some year!) but I do want to share the best costume I've ever made, Padmé's rainbow lake gown. I've dreamed of wearing this dress ever since I saw Episode II, and now I have it!

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/430919/

http://photo.cosplay.com/157725/3243095.jpg

Argana
07-13-2012, 09:17 PM
I won't be at Celebration (maybe some year!) but I do want to share the best costume I've ever made, Padmé's rainbow lake gown. I've dreamed of wearing this dress ever since I saw Episode II, and now I have it!

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/430919/

Wow, that is stunning. I too love that dress, but it looks very complicated to make. You did an awesome job though.

Jerryn206
07-19-2012, 03:18 AM
Anyone know where to get a shadow guard costume? The royal guard and senate guards are awesome, but I just like the all black shadow costumes.

Ron Jr
07-22-2012, 01:17 PM
This site does the Royal Gaurd and since each costume is custom maybe he could do it in black instead of red.

http://www.evolutiontoys.com.ar/index.php?id=cat&item=66