PDA

View Full Version : Photographer Available - Southern California

FiveRings
01-22-2010, 03:23 AM
AX2011 Update: I will only be doing a couple free shoots per day at AX 2011 to give everyone I shoot with as much attention as possible and still enjoy the con (as last year I was shooting all day and forgot to eat). Once the 2 slots per day are filled, I'll only be taking paid requests. The rate for these will be $50/hour for groups of 4 or less.

I've done a few cosplay shoots and am always looking to do some more when time permits. I like using series-appropriate or fun/creative locations. I'm usually available nights and weekends.

I don't charge but will gladly accept any offers for ramen, curry, or other deliciousness.

You can see my work here:
Cosplay.com galleries: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m177800/
deviantArt: http://fiverings.deviantart.com/
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FiveRings-Photography/138076782884546?v=wall

I've also done a majority of the photos in the following gallery:
http://thesinisterlove.deviantart.com/

Feel free to post/PM me if you'd like to schedule something. And if you've worked with me before, I'd love it if you chimed in!

Vensy
01-22-2010, 03:34 AM
Fiverings = teh awesome. =3

Fiverings found me through the AX Forums, after having taken my pictures there as Yoko. We later set up a private shoot (after a long time of me being lazy about re-building my gun haha). It was my first shoot ever, so I was REALLY nervous about the whole thing, but he made it a REALLY fun and enjoyable experience. =3

I really do love how he likes to choose settings which pertain to the character or its series, because that gives the pictures a lot more power imo~ If you look in his or my profile, you can see the shoot we did of my Yoko cosplay, which I was really happy with. ^-^ We just did another shoot this past weekend, and I had a blast. It was more like hanging out honestly than doing a strict photoshoot or anything.

Definitely recommend him! And especially if you've never had a photoshoot before, don't be scared to do it! He's really friendly (although very shy at first :P) and fun to do pics with, and his pictures are awesome~!

I hope I didn't talk in circles.. kind of on NyQuil atm. XD And very tired, haha. <3

Yggdrasil Pie
01-22-2010, 03:57 AM
I'm a friend of Vensy's~ and I really love the shoot you did for her Yoko and Miku~ as well as Mikarin's Trinity Blood pictures. (I think we met briefly at Mikomicon?) I'd love to schedule a shoot with you! ^^

TheSinisterLove
01-23-2010, 01:24 AM
if anyone's interested, they can see more of fiverings work in my gallery since he takes alot of my group's pictures.

www.thesinisterlove.deviantart.com
www.kit-the-pyro.deviantart.com
www.allthekingsmen.deviantart.com

FiveRings
01-24-2010, 06:35 AM
I'm a friend of Vensy's~ and I really love the shoot you did for her Yoko and Miku~ as well as Mikarin's Trinity Blood pictures. (I think we met briefly at Mikomicon?) I'd love to schedule a shoot with you! ^^

Msg me on facebook and we'll set something up. :)

Super Saki
01-25-2010, 09:59 PM
:3 I got your info and we've talked through dA I believe. ONE DAY we will set something up, lol. I still owe sting57 a photoshoot for like....*ponders* few months now.

Musicalpencil
01-28-2010, 02:41 AM
What areas do you do?

FiveRings
01-28-2010, 12:21 PM
What areas do you do?I'm mostly in LA and OC, but I don't mind driving to SD/IE/Ventura county if I think a shoot is worth it.

Vash_Fanatic
01-30-2010, 01:32 AM
This man is amazing.

I had found one of his pictures he had taken of me at AX as Yoko, it was really pretty and I was very pleased with it. Then we set up a photoshoot a couple weeks later (It was my first photo shoot, didn't know what to do really ><). He's a clam, laid back guy. Very nice to work with and very creative. Even though he says he's new to the world of photography, I don't believe him. He's far better than some seasoned "professionals" I have seen.

I have done 2 and a half shoots with him (half cause one got messed up..:( ) and I have never had such good results from a shoot.

I recommend him 100%.

My profile has the Yoko Beach Bikini shoot I did with him and also a Princess Velvet shoot.

Wonderful photos, check them out. :D

Fremen
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
I've tagged along with Fiverings as a photographer and I can definitely vouch for him. He is very professional and easy going. Not to mention his results are pretty damn good.

Seifer-sama
02-04-2010, 01:00 PM
I looked through your work and it is really impressive. My group and I would love to schedule a photo shoot sometime in the near future if you are available. :)

KawawaInterlude
02-09-2010, 02:38 PM
amazing stuff. you need an apprentice? I wanna learn more about how to photograph people. Perhaps I can tag along at one of your shoots.

RisuKim
02-10-2010, 01:40 AM
I'm just trying to get back into the modeling game. Glamourcon is a con I'm shooting to run to right now with my agency. I am just looking for photographers for TFP work.
I don't need the photos to be fixed up, I just need the shots. I'm also building a website that might be running in a year or so.
I also have another model I'm managing who is looking for TFP work.
If ANYONE is interested please Please let me know by PM-ing me.
I am in the Hollywood Area (yeah I'm in the right town) If you needed to know Location.

yuukayuu
02-17-2010, 02:10 AM
hey fiverings! i actually already had a thread up several days ago photographer request thread (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=201319) well and i feel that you are the photographer my group and I are looking for you take great shoots and I was wondering (after you read the thread b/c contains all the information) as payment~ (food) we take you out on an all you can eat shabu shabu restaurant at Kashi Shabu (third court at Weller court)~

can't wait to hear from you plz pm me if you are interested~

FiveRings
02-18-2010, 12:09 AM
hey fiverings! i actually already had a thread up several days ago photographer request thread (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=201319) well and i feel that you are the photographer my group and I are looking for you take great shoots and I was wondering (after you read the thread b/c contains all the information) as payment~ (food) we take you out on an all you can eat shabu shabu restaurant at Kashi Shabu (third court at Weller court)~

can't wait to hear from you plz pm me if you are interested~Responded to your note on DA. :)

amazing stuff. you need an apprentice? I wanna learn more about how to photograph people. Perhaps I can tag along at one of your shoots.
I already have an apprentice, but I'll keep you in mind!

FiveRings
04-22-2010, 05:20 PM
BUMP as my schedule is filling up faster than I thought it would. Galleries have had several updates as well.

I've also started shooting exclusives for www.TotallyCostumes.com so you can check out my work there as well.

Thanks!

Her Silhouette
05-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Wow, I really love your gallery work! : )

I'd be interested in having a photoshoot at/during time of Anime Expo '10 sometime if you're available... I've never done a real photoshoot before, so I'm a little nervous making the request. : ) I'll be sure to bring you Ramen if you have the time to squeeze me in!

FiveRings
05-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Wow, I really love your gallery work! : )

I'd be interested in having a photoshoot at/during time of Anime Expo '10 sometime if you're available... I've never done a real photoshoot before, so I'm a little nervous making the request. : ) I'll be sure to bring you Ramen if you have the time to squeeze me in!

PM Sent. :)

AzureCo
06-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Might you be available during AX this year?
My friend and I might be interested.

FiveRings
06-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Might you be available during AX this year?
My friend and I might be interested.

PM sent.:cool:

Ayame Uchiha
06-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Hiya, i was peeking around at your pics, they look really cool :3

I know your going to AX, so if it was a possibliity if i could have a shoot with you if you dont mind it ^-^ Im interested in seeing when your available so i can plan accordingly ^-^ I has lots of ramen for joo lol

Thanks in advance :3

FiveRings
06-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Hiya, i was peeking around at your pics, they look really cool :3

I know your going to AX, so if it was a possibliity if i could have a shoot with you if you dont mind it ^-^ Im interested in seeing when your available so i can plan accordingly ^-^ I has lots of ramen for joo lol

Thanks in advance :3

Yes, I believe I still have some time available for a shoot for you. :)

Ayame Uchiha
06-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Yes, I believe I still have some time available for a shoot for you. :)

Yay! Do you think I can have the times your free and your schedule so I can see if it can fit with my schedule ;P I'm planning way ahead this year just to be safe lol

fromzombieswithlove
06-08-2010, 03:22 AM
Hello! I was browsing through your photos, and I am totally amazed by them! If it's possible, may I have a shoot with you at Anime Expo?
Thank you in advance! :D

FiveRings
06-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Hello! I was browsing through your photos, and I am totally amazed by them! If it's possible, may I have a shoot with you at Anime Expo?
Thank you in advance! :D

Sure, send me a PM with your preferred day/time and I'll see what my schedule looks like.

FiveRings
06-16-2010, 12:18 AM
I double checked my schedule and it looks like I have a couple more spots open, just not on Saturday. PM me if you'd like to schedule something. :)

jai
06-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Any chance you're headed to SDCC next month?

FiveRings
06-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Any chance you're headed to SDCC next month?I wish. :( I decided too late and couldn't get a pass for any days.

jai
06-16-2010, 05:07 AM
I wish. :( I decided too late and couldn't get a pass for any days.
Darn. =\ Oh well.

kiwi5frog
06-29-2010, 01:00 AM
I wish. :( I decided too late and couldn't get a pass for any days.

they are on sale now! the just opened up more badges!

DandelionDream
07-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Sent you a PM. ^^

StarAssassin
07-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Sent you a PM as well. I really hope I get to do a photoshoot with you, your photography is awesome ^^

FiveRings
07-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Sent you a PM as well. I really hope I get to do a photoshoot with you, your photography is awesome ^^ Got your PM. :) I'll check my schedule for Aug and see what we can do.

creativecrater
07-14-2010, 10:48 PM
I wish I would have checked into this before Anime Expo this year... I would really love to schedule a photoshoot with you--probably for a pair or small group--but I don't think this would happen until AX next year. Just wanted to post here to get my two cents in and hopefully I remember to contact you closer to AX '11, if you plan on going.
Thank you! And you really do a great job with your photography!

soie_yoie
07-15-2010, 01:19 AM
"I don't charge but will gladly accept payment in the form of ramen, curry, or other deliciousness."

wow!!! sounds like fun!! to bad i'm not hot enough for photos

jinglebooboo
07-15-2010, 01:56 AM
lemme just tell any of you people who are interested in shooting with FiveRings, you will be so pleased with his work. i had been wanting to do a shoot at AX and was very nervous cuz i had never had an official shoot before. but he was very helpful and kind and we set up a time. after the shoot, i already wanna do another shoot but i am way outta area *cries*. i want to shoot every costume with him. he is very professional and produces great photgraphy, better then i ever imagined, my jaw pretty much dropped when i saw my photos i was so excited.
here is some he did for me as proof of his awesome work
http://jinglebooboo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2u0rqv
http://jinglebooboo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2tv4d5
http://kenon2.deviantart.com/art/Looking-Towards-The-Future-171365774?q=&qo=
i can't wait to come back to california to get some more pics with him, that is when i make a new cosplay anyway lol.

FiveRings
07-15-2010, 02:10 AM
I wish I would have checked into this before Anime Expo this year... I would really love to schedule a photoshoot with you--probably for a pair or small group--but I don't think this would happen until AX next year. Just wanted to post here to get my two cents in and hopefully I remember to contact you closer to AX '11, if you plan on going.
Thank you! And you really do a great job with your photography!
Aww, I would've loved to shoot with you. :) If you're near LA/OC, we can shoot any time!
wow!!! sounds like fun!! to bad i'm not hot enough for photos
I have no idea what you look like but I don't pick who I shoot with based on who's hot or even who has the best costume. I just shoot for fun, so as long as you're having fun too, it's cool!

soie_yoie
07-15-2010, 02:34 AM
Aww, I would've loved to shoot with you. :) If you're near LA/OC, we can shoot any time!

I have no idea what you look like but I don't pick who I shoot with based on who's hot or even who has the best costume. I just shoot for fun, so as long as you're having fun too, it's cool!

wow cool!!!! yeah i live in chino but i drive around a lot. i'm working on a really hard cosplay (zephie from magna carta 2) that would be fun to at least one good shot of it when it's done.

i was looking at your work and it's awsume!

kiwi5frog
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM
lemme just tell any of you people who are interested in shooting with FiveRings, you will be so pleased with his work. i had been wanting to do a shoot at AX and was very nervous cuz i had never had an official shoot before. but he was very helpful and kind and we set up a time. after the shoot, i already wanna do another shoot but i am way outta area *cries*. i want to shoot every costume with him. he is very professional and produces great photgraphy, better then i ever imagined, my jaw pretty much dropped when i saw my photos i was so excited.
here is some he did for me as proof of his awesome work
http://jinglebooboo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2u0rqv
http://jinglebooboo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2tv4d5
http://kenon2.deviantart.com/art/Looking-Towards-The-Future-171365774?q=&qo=
i can't wait to come back to california to get some more pics with him, that is when i make a new cosplay anyway lol.

I agree. Five rings is awesome! I also had my first photoshoot with him and he is super nice and professional. I'm not a good model, but he got some crazy good shots. Of course, my favorite is the shot i'm using for my forum avatar. Bigger version here on his deviant:

http://fiverings.deviantart.com/#/d2tsoh0

ninjagal6
08-16-2010, 12:58 AM
yes I would definitely love a shoot with you sometime in the future. I'm not exactly sure of what and when I'd like a shoot. I guess whenever's best
by the way, I'm sorry for seeing you an the street in LT today and totally saying something stupid DX

Sushi Monster
08-16-2010, 02:28 PM
I'd love to do a shoot with you one day!

FiveRings
08-16-2010, 09:00 PM
yes I would definitely love a shoot with you sometime in the future. I'm not exactly sure of what and when I'd like a shoot. I guess whenever's best
by the way, I'm sorry for seeing you an the street in LT today and totally saying something stupid DXLike I said, I was pleasantly surprised that someone recognized me. :) You've got me on facebook now so whenever you want to shoot, just let me know! You live close-ish to TheSinisterLove, right? Maybe you could do something with us next time I shoot up there.

I'd love to do a shoot with you one day!
*I'm not worthy!* :P Sounds like a plan!

ninjagal6
08-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Like I said, I was pleasantly surprised that someone recognized me. :) You've got me on facebook now so whenever you want to shoot, just let me know! You live close-ish to TheSinisterLove, right? Maybe you could do something with us next time I shoot up there.
yeah I'm in Santa Monica. Northridge isnt too bad of a drive.

jaskalkat
08-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Hey five rings are you anyplace close to l.a? I would love to sit down and maybe have lunch with you one of these days and talk about my doc.

Omi
08-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Oooh I am moving to the LA area and have been interested in finding a photographer for me and my group. >D

Your photography is gorgeous!
I would love to schedule a photoshoot in the near future with you. <3

FiveRings
08-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Hey five rings are you anyplace close to l.a? I would love to sit down and maybe have lunch with you one of these days and talk about my doc.
I responded to your PM. :) Just give me some details and let me know when.

Oooh I am moving to the LA area and have been interested in finding a photographer for me and my group. >D

Your photography is gorgeous!
I would love to schedule a photoshoot in the near future with you. <3
Thank you! Welcome to LA! :P Just message me when you're ready.

FiveRings
12-06-2010, 03:42 PM
BUMP

Looking to make some new friends at ALA. I should be there all 3 days, but will only have time for a couple shoots each day. Post or PM if you're interested in shooting with me. :)

Links to my galleries in case you don't want to scroll back:
Cosplay.com galleries: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m177800/
DeviantArt: http://fiverings.deviantart.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FiveRings-Photography/138076782884546

Thanks for reading!

PsychoLove
12-06-2010, 09:14 PM
What area of Southern California do you do shootings for?! Are you only conventions? Do you have specific characters / shows / games you prefer to shoot? I'm SUPER interested!!

FiveRings
12-07-2010, 02:25 AM
What area of Southern California do you do shootings for?! Are you only conventions? Do you have specific characters / shows / games you prefer to shoot? I'm SUPER interested!!

I'm in the LA/OC area and frequently go up to the valley and once in awhile to the SD area if there's a shoot worth doing. I shoot more out of conventions than at conventions so anything is fine with me. And I have no preference for characters. It helps if it's something I know or if I'm told beforehand so I can come up with some ideas and settings appropriate for the character. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want to schedule something. :)

qutesis93
01-26-2011, 01:53 AM
hey fiverings!
>< We would love it if you can come to our photoshoot to Little Tokyo and as payment we'll treat you to one of the ramen places there
:]
Will that be ok?

O here's my deviant
>< message me there please
http://tisvesalem.deviantart.com/

FiveRings
01-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Sure, I'd be interested. Send me a PM with some more info on where/when. :)

vbabe2
04-04-2011, 08:07 PM
I am not a very comfortable model but working with Fiverings was really a fun and inspiring experience. From a modelís standpoint, he was relaxed, prepared, and focused and even though I arrived nervous, by the end I felt very relaxed and grateful for the opportunity. He directly me gently and even looking at his raws I could see that his suggestions brought out the best in me. I felt like he really knew me and understood the process in my head.

Heís professional and intelligent about his work. The depth of his subject always shines through but he never neglects the more important aspects of the entire piece- the mood, the lighting, the intensity, the sounding areas, the framing and feel. I learned a lot from being there and he answered all of my questions with patience and understanding. Even though Iím not very familiar with professional photography, Iíve always been a fan of his. And Fiverings earns my respect more and more with each new work that comes out. Thank you so much!
:wave:

Aurora Maryte
04-04-2011, 10:31 PM
I know the answer is probably no, but I'm going to ask anyway. Do you attend Fanime?
I'm not going to AX or SDCC this year, but will be at Fanime and was looking to book another photographer(we already have one but I always like to book 2 or 3 photographers for variety's sake) for a private shoot.
Like I said, you're down south so you probably aren't going to Fanime, but I figured I'd ask.

FiveRings
04-05-2011, 12:25 PM
There's a slim chance that I might be going to Fanime but I'm not sure yet so I don't want to schedule anything. If that changes, I'll let you know. :)

Mizuki Kazakaru
04-17-2011, 02:33 AM
Hm, out of curiousity, would you be able to do something in the Long Beach area?
Sometime soon, my friend and I wanted to take some pictures of our Pop'n Music/Sengoku Basara Masamune Date cosplays.
Maybe sometime in June, or even before Fanime if time permits?

I'd still have to talk it out with her, but I saw your thread floating around and was impressed with your work.
There are tons of great places to eat in the Long Beach/Lakewood area, so I could treat you to whatever you were in the mood for, hah hah.

FiveRings
04-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Hm, out of curiousity, would you be able to do something in the Long Beach area?
Sometime soon, my friend and I wanted to take some pictures of our Pop'n Music/Sengoku Basara Masamune Date cosplays.
Maybe sometime in June, or even before Fanime if time permits?

I'd still have to talk it out with her, but I saw your thread floating around and was impressed with your work.
There are tons of great places to eat in the Long Beach/Lakewood area, so I could treat you to whatever you were in the mood for, hah hah.
Yeah, I'm definitely available in the Long Beach area. Just let me know when you have more details and a time/date you'd like to shoot. :)

Mizuki Kazakaru
04-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Awesome! When we get our cosplays finished and convention things situated, I'll come back with more details.
Thanks a lot! : D

FiveRings
04-25-2011, 03:48 PM
AX2011 Update: I will only be doing a couple free shoots per day at AX 2011 to give everyone I shoot with as much attention as possible and still enjoy the con (as last year I was shooting all day and forgot to eat). Once the 2 slots per day are filled, I'll only be taking paid requests. The rate for these will be $50/hour for groups of 4 or less.

Her Silhouette
07-14-2011, 06:35 PM
FiveRings was kind enough to find time to shoot my costume at Anime Expo 2011 this year and it was a delightful experience. This was my first shoot that wasn't done by a close friend and I was very nervous at first, but FiveRings was very nice and professional so the nervousness didn't last very long at all! He's very mindful of the entire shoot, and he gave me far more of his time on this shoot than I ever would have expected so I can't thank him enough for that! He was also very mindful of what the subject wanted while also guiding.

Overall the shoot was a wonderful experience. FiveRings and his crew did an excellent job even though I hardly knew what I was doing! The finished product turned out absolutely beautiful as well so I couldn't be happier. I would recommend him to anyone who wanted a great photographer.