PDA

View Full Version : FMA edward elric: Brunette

Braithcakes
01-24-2010, 03:30 PM
so I've been thinking about doing an ed. elric cosplay, and well....I don't really care for blonde hair on me, and I remember in one of the earlier episodes when he and al are running from some people, ed transmutes his hair into a deep brown color.

would it be shameless of me to cosplay as ed with his transmuted brown hair? I know I would definitely not be easily recognized from THAT episode and I worry that people would think I'm trying to be cheap by not buying a wig? :\

just wanting some opinions on it.

Alphonia
01-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Well I guess there are people who would think that way. (Elitists! So annoying!)

But if I remember correctly didn't he wear a different outfit with his brown hair? If you do that outfit instead of his default red and black, I'd say then it's completely fine because you're just following it accurately.

If you do brown hair with his default outfit then of course you can't avoid those comments where you got the wrong hair color. If you don't mind and think you can enjoy it then it's still completely fine. If you're a perfectionist and wants complete accuracy I'd say go buy a wig.

The wig DOES pull a cosplay together, it's sad to see a good cosplay without a wig.

Braithcakes
01-24-2010, 04:50 PM
well I have a wig, it's just brown.

and nah, he had his red coat still, he only had brown hair for like...that 15 minutes of that one episode.

._. though he does have the brown outfit but I think he still has blonde hair with his brown clothing

Alphonia
01-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Ah okay. Well perhaps its better to get a blonde wig, unless there is money issues, etc.

To give you another reason to buy the wig, you can research how you can recycle his wig for future cosplays, maybe you'll be willing to purchase a wig.

Braithcakes
01-24-2010, 05:57 PM
it's not so much money or a wig that I don't want to get, it's the particular range of blonde that his hair has to be. I dislike fake looking wigs, and his hair is SO yellow :\

Alphonia
01-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Go for a natural color, most people actually use a brighter natural blonde instead of the party color yellow.

Braithcakes
01-24-2010, 06:37 PM
really? 0_0

show meeee D:

I was browsing the galleries on this site and all of the people don't really use a cartoony yellow, but a very fake gold blonde color.

Mehdia
01-24-2010, 06:54 PM
In person at conventions I've seen a lot of people just go for a natural blonde that looked great. It wasn't too pale or too dark. Just go for a blonde that you feel would suit your skintone if you are willing to wear a wig. If not, at least you doing your brown hair would fit with something from the series instead of you just refusing to try and get the right color.

Braithcakes
01-24-2010, 06:58 PM
alrighty ;] I'll go with a natural blonde.