PDA

View Full Version : german meets japan

-Naraku-
01-24-2010, 06:11 PM
hello everyone in japan ^.~

Since 2005 (my last visting) I miss japan and you all. So it will be great if I can meet some cosplayer to have fun, talking, walking around the city and more.

I'm from 25.9. till 15.10.2010 in japan and visting Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Matsuyama and other neightbourhoods.
Fo rthe travel I will packing some costumes with and want to see some events.
Do you know when and where good event starting?

Please let me know if you have some informations for me or need some infos and more.

Naraku ^.~

kiratsukai
01-25-2010, 03:10 AM
If you're in Matsuyama, Kyoto or Kobe/Osaka we can certainly meet up. It's pretty rare anyone ventures past Tokyo to tell the truth.

There are events every weekend. It shouldn't be hard to find some locally.

If you swing through Kagawa on a weekend, my students would probably be dazzled to meet a Western cosplayer who isn't a total noob.

-Naraku-
01-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Tokyo is great...but just only if you wanna shopping you to death XD
I love the kultur of japan and the true style of japan. In my first japantravel I was 2 weeks in tokyo but in the second week I visiting Osaka and Kyoto and was in love of both cities.

In Kyoto I wanna go to the gion neightbourhood and try the "geisha"-service for wearing the dress and make some photos. Its a really honor for to can wear some awesome clothes and accesoires like this.

It will be great if we can meet us! ^^

Here a rude plan from our travel:
25.-29.9. Tokyo
29.9.-5.10. Kyoto + neightbourhood
5.-11.10. Matsuyama + festival
11.-14.10. Tokyo
15.10. departure

kiratsukai
01-26-2010, 02:36 AM
I'm not super-sure how to interpret the dates you've given.

29.9.-5.10. Kyoto + neightbourhood
5.-11.10. Matsuyama + festival

September 29th-October 5th in Kyoto and October 5th-11th in Matsuyama?

Events won't be announced that far in advance... 4 or 5 months is about max for getting a hold on dates, but I'm sure there's something. You have to travel through my city to get to Matsuyama from the main island anyway... so reguardless, there'll be a chance to meet up.

-Naraku-
01-26-2010, 05:23 AM
yes thats right!

Okay I will! We can planing some nice days just before I come to japan. You know when the matsuyama festival will starting?
We are not sure about the date we got from the travel agent's.

kiratsukai
01-26-2010, 06:05 AM
If it's the chosa festival ~ it's more or less regional. Matsuyama is the largest city, so it has one of the largest chosa festivals (Oct. 5-7)... but every Hachiman shrine in Shikoku has one. There are a couple of major ones in Kagawa, where I live as well, though most of them happen the following week. You can pretty much pick your poison though... like events, if it's festival season, if you want to go to one -- you can find one.