PDA

View Full Version : I-No's guitar (Guilty Gear)

JETG!RL
01-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Besides the costume, it's also the guitar that makes I-No who she is. For a while, I was considering buying an inflatable guitar and just using that, but then I realized...

a.) there's no inflatable guitar that looks like I-No's.
b.) there's a great animosity out there for inflatable guitars.

I've come up with some other (better) ideas, but I'd like some input. Either I buy an inflatable guitar and paper mache/plaster the exterior, then paint it to look like I-No's OR buy one from a pawn shop.

Considering the amount of money put into both (I think the pawn shop option might be a little more expensive than the paper mache idea...), what do you think would be the best option?

If anyone has any better ideas, please let me know! Much appreciated!

Kunoichi Neko
01-24-2010, 08:56 PM
References please?

JETG!RL
01-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Here's a picture (http://benyoboy.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/10-i-no-guilty-gear.png)

But it's all good now! :3 I convinced my brother to let me borrow his guitar for a couple of days.... for $20.

Even though it's not the right color or the exact design, I think it's better than making a horrible one... But I'm still open for suggestions for the future.

NekoMimiChan
01-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Sucks that your brother is charging you money to borrow his guitar! I made my Haruko guitar from scratch from plywood (about $30 in wood and paint) but then spent a little too much money on real guitar parts (tuners, strings, pick-ups).
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/154501/

BlueKampfer
01-26-2010, 02:26 PM
you can probably find a cheap guitar like i-no's at any store selling instuments. i think i've seen some that only cost $30-$40. they will be a crappy quality when it actually comes to being a guitar but after a little paint it will look the part.

Patches
01-26-2010, 05:26 PM
You can make a guitar in many ways. I've seen people go with wood, wood+pink foam, fiberglass, cardboard, layers of foamboard...

Featherweight's got a cardboard guitar tutorial up here

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=172892&highlight=guitar

If you want better photos to make it look more realistic look up the Duesenberg Starplayer. It's what her guitar was modeled after.

If you don't want to make it yourself, you could try putting up an ad in the market place. There's been plenty of people that have made fake guitars that would be willing to help for the right price which I guarantee would be cheaper than getting a Starplayer and will look loads better than some blow-up thing. However, I think your best option is the foam or cardboard. Cutting out a flat guitar shape and painting it to look 3D IMHO would be better than a blowup/papermache thing. lol I REALLY wouldn't do that. It would be clunky.

JETG!RL
01-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I was considering cosplaying Haruko sometime in the future, so I'll have to give the wood idea a shot. Especially since yours had cost about $30, NekoMimiChan. (Sans the guitar parts. Hehe.)

But I guess if I'm in a hurry, the cardboard idea would be good too. I've worked quite a bit with paint, so it'd be a piece of cake to make it look 3D.

Again, thanks everyone! I really appreciate the suggestions.