PDA

View Full Version : So who is going to Anime North 2004?

Allia
08-29-2003, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone,
I just can't wait till Anime North. I was just wondering who was going. This will be my third year at AN. I missed this years because they changed the days *cries*. What year will it be for you? I like AN because I only have a three hour drive insted of a seven hour drive to Anime Boston or a six hour drive to Otakon. How long does it take you to get to AN? I don't know what group my friends and I'm going to cosplay but I will be bringing my Merle (Escaflowne) and Ryoko (Tenchi Muyo) costumes. We might cosplay Trigun. Don't know. Are you cosplaying from any of these series? If not what series and what character(s)? I can't wait to see everyone at AN.

Also, has anyone had a table in Artist alley before at AN? Do you have any suggestions for a first timer? Thanks. ^_~*

IdatenMiki
08-31-2003, 03:44 AM
as long as there isnt another SARS breakout i'll be there lol. *prays to the gods that there is no weird outbreak of something*. lol but i live in Roch. too so it takes me about the same time to get there as it takes you. i'm not really sure what costume i'm going to make for this con. though i know i'm going to bring my Miki (flame of recca) costume that i wore to Anime Expo CA and maybe one of my other ones. i cant wait, it'll be my 3rd con and my 2nd time at AN. ^_^'' it should be interesting... too bad they couldnt get it at a better hotel....

Allia
08-31-2003, 07:35 AM
I thought they were changing hotels because the one they had this year went bankrupt. Do you know what the new hotel will be? They still have not announced it I think.

Chosuke
08-31-2003, 08:11 AM
I heard that too, that they changed the hotel.
I pray to god its just a rumor though.. because if AN is held at the Regal..

That makes then con about,oh.. twenty minutes from my house. Which is good for someone as carsick,and impatient, as I am.

Yami no Bakura
08-31-2003, 09:15 AM
Chobrat: Unfortunately, I have heard that they are definitely changing the hotel, as the Regal Constellation has indeed gone bankrupt.

As far as I'm aware, they have not yet released the new location, but are planning on doing so soon.

Cyber Surfer
09-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Hmmm...

Well, I think 'tis true, Anime North won't be at the regal next year... or so the Anime North forums say. The new hotel hasn't been released yet...

This will be my second year there... and I'm sure it'll be great! I still have to make my first costume, get a new battery for my video camera, and a number of other things.

archangeli
09-01-2003, 08:21 PM
Doesn't matter where they move AN04. If they move it somewhere closer to the downtown core of Toronto that would make me a lot happier :)

But yeah, so far I'm planning on being there barring any new diseases, blackouts or freaky weather disasters.

lainey
09-01-2003, 08:30 PM
yeah...
it's definitely not at the Regal.

The Regal is CLOSED (as I live near it...I have noticed).

So...AN will be held elsewhere in 2004.

Allia
09-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Has anyone been in Artist Alley before? Does anyone plan to be this year? I'm going and its my first year. I'm kinda nervous about it, but I think it will be fun.

Machiko
09-02-2003, 03:04 PM
wooo An2004, already talking about it lol i'm gonna be there and i'm gonna drag my friend with me again lol. doesn't take us too long to get to AN...but so far away lol. it's not at the regal anymore? that's ok, but i really liked their lobby lol, so nice ^.^

not spilling the beans on what i'm gonna wear lol, depends if i finish it on time though...O.o i'm so lazy lol

xiola
09-02-2003, 10:24 PM
i wish people would give up about this whole SARS thing

NEWSFLASH: if you live in the states and have to drive all the way to Toronto, your chances of getting in a car crash on the WAY to toronto were ALWAYS higher than your chance of ever getting SARS throughout that entire epidemic. get over it. you're just making us poor from lack of tourism :P

it's sad AN's moving, but that means TT is moving too :( i just hope that the new hotel has decent con rates like the Constellation did, as opposed to the horrible rates Crowne Plaza always has (thus why i never stay there). :(

Kia
09-02-2003, 10:36 PM
As nice as having Anime North '04 closer to the downtown core would be, keep in mind the the closer it it the more expensive it will be. you remember those $89 economy rooms that people like to complaine about, well kiss those covenient prices goodbye. I'm not trying to cause any problems here, but thanks to the silly Koreans who drained all the money from the Regal and left them broke over a span of only a few years we now have to find somewhere else, which will probably be somewhere that my cheap ass can't afford...
I like the Regal... the glass elevator was fun...

And I have nothing against Koreans. ^_^

Kisa
09-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Wheee!! Try splitting the cost of a Strathcona room with Six people ;) heh.
Mini Beds of Evil Sin anyone?

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
09-03-2003, 10:43 AM
oh yah~
if they are moving it to DT, then the room is going to be WAYYYYYYYYY more expensive --_--
no~~~~ I don't want higher rates!

**plus I love Regal!

I wonder if we will move back to Regal in 2005, but I heard that the con is growing very rapidly that even if Regal is there next yr it won't be able to hold ppl for the AN2004 anyways

Kia
09-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Apparently Anime North had outgrown the Regal for this next year. The con was going to use both the Regan and the Marriot accross the street for some functions. And the Regal has one of the largest function spaces in T.O.

Takuma-san
09-03-2003, 05:17 PM
If we switch to a smaller facility, I think the lines and organization are only going to get more hellish. The Regal was already getting too small.

If we switch to a bigger one, I think that in addition to the increased hotel bill, the registration fee might go up, too, in order to cover the new cost. On the other hand, being closer to the main transit routes would mean that it might be easier for some people to sleep at home or a friend's place in Toronto, though that would certainly decrease the amount of sleeping time and storage space.

IdatenMiki
09-05-2003, 07:10 PM
i'm happy they're changing the hotel *crosses fingers* i pray they are.... it was definatly getting to small in the regal. anyways a friend (mikigami) and i might plan on doing a Para Para Paridise panel. at least we're hoping to do it.... we still have to see if it'll work or not.

Allia
09-05-2003, 08:42 PM
Yes please do a para para panel. Will it be the dance stlye or for the game. Please say the dance style. I went to Otakon with my friends and we are now addicted to it. We want more Para Para. I'm so happy. Well if you need people you will have at least seven people already. Count us in!

Kaijugal
09-06-2003, 01:24 AM
i'm happy they're changing the hotel *crosses fingers* i pray they are.... it was definatly getting to small in the regal. anyways a friend (mikigami) and i might plan on doing a Para Para Paridise panel. at least we're hoping to do it.... we still have to see if it'll work or not.

Um. The Regal was the largest hotel in the city. (Function space wise)

IdatenMiki
09-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Yes please do a para para panel. Will it be the dance stlye or for the game. Please say the dance style. I went to Otakon with my friends and we are now addicted to it. We want more Para Para. I'm so happy. Well if you need people you will have at least seven people already. Count us in!

Allia :lol if you went to Otakon then you already know Mikigami... i guess she went up at their para para thing and started doing it only to be better than those who set the thing up or something like that. i wish i could've gone but i couldnt miss anymore work than i already had *pouts*

Kaijugal: <>_<>'' you mean the regal is the largest place toronto has? *croaks* ;_; c'mon its a big town/city.... it should have someplace bigger... dont they have a convention center or something?

Allia
09-07-2003, 07:37 AM
Yeah I saw Mikigami go up and was like what's going on? She was better in instructing but I found the other people easier to follow. They went slower. Yay please have that workshop.

lainey
09-07-2003, 05:45 PM
mmm...
unless you start hitting convention centres (thus admission price increasing) for larger space

IdatenMiki
09-07-2003, 08:24 PM
wouldnt paying a little more be worth it though... i remember AN 2002... and it was extremely crowded... sadly i couldnt go last year do to sars... but i think there were more people last year werent there? and more comming this year?

Erilan
09-08-2003, 01:35 AM
We used up the entire hotel in 2003, and it was still busier than 2002.

I honestly think its time that AN moves to the con center, next year if not this year. Anime North has simply become too big for a hotel.

The original plan for next year was to have the Dealers Room and a few other events in the Marriott across the street. Is there anyone here actually interested in walking across Dixon Road just to buy or browse?

Oshi
09-08-2003, 04:06 PM
o.o; I have nothing to say about hotel changes, because I know nothing about it, but I can say that I'm 90% sure I'm going to ANorth, thanks to Erilan's invite :D

Catpaw
09-08-2003, 04:38 PM
W>V,V<W I'll try & see... but I have a feelin' I won't... (Cuz I'm going to Chibi-Con in my city with my sis & blowin' all my money... but then again, there's x-mas money...) Arg, I wanna see u guys! & all that's at Anime North!

IdatenMiki
09-08-2003, 07:03 PM

I honestly think its time that AN moves to the con center, next year if not this year. Anime North has simply become too big for a hotel.

The original plan for next year was to have the Dealers Room and a few other events in the Marriott across the street. Is there anyone here actually interested in walking across Dixon Road just to buy or browse?

dixon rd.... which street was that? that really big one? =_= it's been a long time since i've been there. At anime expo CA the con was basically in 3 different hotels and a convention center; it wasnt that bad walking around, and it wasnt like it was in a small area either. if they have it in the marriot they might hold other things in there too... at least it would be something to think about for them; if they do do that though i wouldnt really mind... but it might be a little weird though to only have the dealers room in there.

Scoti
09-08-2003, 07:46 PM
I have to agree with Erilan that AN has gotten too crowded for the RC even when SARS was driving people away. has anyone considered the international centre on Airport Rd.?

hellbelle
09-09-2003, 01:22 PM
(wrong person posted)

Kaijugal
09-09-2003, 02:58 PM

ANYTHING _BUT_ the MTTC!! That place is a nightmare!. The International center is nice, but not many places to rest and nowhere at all to eat if you don't have a car, also it's far to walk from the hotels in the area.

Sarcasm-hime
09-09-2003, 03:56 PM
The downtown convention centre really is a horrid venue...not to mention REALLY expensive. I've heard a lot of horror stories recently regarding Worldcon people having really bad experiences with the MTCC people (like the costume display not going up because the psycho security person wouldn't let them set anything up after 10am Thursday...or the Fashion Show fiasco).

The Regal was the hotel with the most function space in Toronto. So we might end up looking at two hotels together...I dunno; nothing official's been announced yet. But people should be prepared for a price hike, as we might end up going with a pricier hotel.

Erilan
09-09-2003, 05:05 PM
ANYTHING _BUT_ the MTTC!! That place is a nightmare!. The International center is nice, but not many places to rest and nowhere at all to eat if you don't have a car, also it's far to walk from the hotels in the area.
Um, we had the same problem with the Regal in terms of nothing to eat in the area.

Whats wrong with the MTCC? There's plenty of room and its right downtown. Very convenient for us hungry people, with lots of restuarnts nearby.

And if Anime North continues to grow like it is, a move to the con center is inevitable. Or you rather have the con in three seperate hotels? -_-

Kaijugal
09-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Um, we had the same problem with the Regal in terms of nothing to eat in the area.

Whats wrong with the MTCC? There's plenty of room and its right downtown. Very convenient for us hungry people, with lots of restuarnts nearby.

And if Anime North continues to grow like it is, a move to the con center is inevitable. Or you rather have the con in three seperate hotels? -_-
I'm not going to get into details here, but it is an extremely problematic venue for running a convention that one wants to be fan friendly, (the whole Canadian Idol affair it a testament to that), if you had been invloved with the recent Worldcon in any major capacity you would have seen even more evidence of this. I personally also work corporate events there, have plenty of reasons not to wish Anime North to be there. If you are further intrested in why I feel this way you're welcome to ask me in person sometime.

To address what Sarcasm-hime has said above, it's true Anime North had outgrown the Regal and the plan was to utilize function space in both the Regal and the Mariott in 2004, until it became appearent that the Regal would no longer be available.

Sarcasm-hime
09-09-2003, 05:32 PM
You've GOT to be kidding. Nothing to eat in the area of the Regal? There's tons of fast-food and regular restaurants within walking distance, and even more a short drive away. I've never had any trouble finding things to eat around there...

As mentioned before, the MTCC isn't a hotel and as such doesn't have the convenience of rooms right there. Attendees would have to walk from nearby hotels, many of which are not cheap at all. Besides that, from what I've heard, the MTCC management is not very friendly to fan-run events such as AN.

There is no such thing as 'too big for a hotel'--Dragoncon gets 20,000 people and is held in two major hotels.

As for walking across Dixon road...I don't think that would have been a terrible hardship. The Marriott is directly across the street...it's not even a block away.

Mage
09-09-2003, 05:59 PM
Well, the Regal's not really worth discussion considering it's out of the question and all. I trust that the AN organisers will make sure all attendees have a nice place to enjoy themselves. Whatever happens, happens.

Is it possible to tell, however, how close the con is to being able to settle the details and such? I have no problems being patient, but I'm curious ^_^

Oh, and just to put my two cents in on the Regal and eating places...William's was just around the corner and that suited my needs just fine (when I actually went to get food... ._.;;; )

Chosuke
09-09-2003, 06:03 PM
I definitely preferred having AN in a hotel over Cn being in a convention center!

The regals prices were REASONABLE.
I didn't have to walk to/from a hotel to get there.
I ALSO did not have to pay 30$ just to ride a damn train back and forth.

And even if everyone says its too small.. it was just the right size for someone brainless like me to navigate, I got lost at the MTCC too many times.

IdatenMiki
09-09-2003, 08:01 PM
I definitely preferred having AN in a hotel over Cn being in a convention center!

The regals prices were REASONABLE.
I didn't have to walk to/from a hotel to get there.
I ALSO did not have to pay 30$ just to ride a damn train back and forth.

the regals prices were reasonable yeah.... but if you think about how many people are going there arent going to be enough rooms for you to even stay at it... in which chase is kinda sad but it happens.

Kaijugal
09-10-2003, 08:46 PM
the regals prices were reasonable yeah.... but if you think about how many people are going there arent going to be enough rooms for you to even stay at it... in which chase is kinda sad but it happens.

You must have missed the post about the plan to use both the Regal Constellation and the Mariott. Your argument about there not being enough rooms at the Regal doesn't hold water. The Regal Constellation has 710 guest rooms available, (not including the closed tower), where as the Crowne Plaza which services the MTTC only has 90 guest rooms total. Even if you add together all the rooms in all the hotels within a block of both venues, the Regal would have 10x as many rooms available at 1/3rd the price of the downtown hotels.

Eleryth
09-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Ok, this might be known to other ppl, but how many ppl attend AN? 5000? 10000? I think its closer to 5000 myself... but... a suggestion. Maybe hold it at a community college or university? A convention in my hometown is in a community college, downtown...and its all in one place. It has a cafeteria, lots of rooms (with stadium style seating!!) with big screens, a stage for the masq.... true, it gets around 3000 people (if i remember correctly) and its not a place to sleep...but... it might be an option?

Or, maybe not. But stay away from DT.... Tiny EXPENSIVE rooms.... suck.

Kaijugal
09-10-2003, 09:00 PM
It's a moot point. The location has been decided. Can't tell you more until next week.

Eleryth
09-11-2003, 09:32 PM
It's a moot point. The location has been decided. Can't tell you more until next week.

AWWW!! *begins swinging watch before kaijugals eyes* You are getting sleepy....tell meee..... tell mee..... because its not as if I get to be there anyways.....

Oh well, I can wait a week. For the same reason (that being not being able to go).

Does that mean TT has also found a place?

Kaijugal
09-12-2003, 01:37 AM
AWWW!! *begins swinging watch before kaijugals eyes* You are getting sleepy....tell meee..... tell mee..... because its not as if I get to be there anyways.....

Oh well, I can wait a week. For the same reason (that being not being able to go).

Does that mean TT has also found a place?

No official word on TT yet. Sorry

Michi
09-13-2003, 11:47 PM
^^; Okay this thread seems to be a bit of a location argument, but I'm going to add to the main topic to say that I'm going. ^_^ At least, I think so. o.o; I don't think I have a choice. >_>

Allia
09-14-2003, 03:31 PM
Michi, but you would like to go wouldn't you? I would not mind going to a con if someone draged me along. Any chance to go to a con I would take.

Catpaw
09-23-2003, 07:59 AM
I might, I might not... It depends... *Sighs* I would luv to meet all of u guys...

the_tennyo
09-28-2003, 11:57 PM
I am wanting to go :)
I hope to get a job and save up tho!!!!
geez
but hotels, dont they not let you stay if they know your under 18?
*its just what I have heard*
if thats the case I would not have anything to stay at if I went :( poor me, lol

Sarcasm-hime
09-29-2003, 01:01 AM
I think the rule is that the hotel room must have at least one person over 18 staying in it. So you can't end up with a room full of just kids. ^_^

Michi
09-29-2003, 06:40 AM
Michi, but you would like to go wouldn't you? I would not mind going to a con if someone draged me along. Any chance to go to a con I would take.

Well yeah. I've actually thought about going to Anime North before, and would like to experience a con outside the USA... and my boyfriend is making me go. >_>; :p Haha.

Kia
09-29-2003, 07:57 AM
I am wanting to go :)
I hope to get a job and save up tho!!!!
geez
but hotels, dont they not let you stay if they know your under 18?
*its just what I have heard*
if thats the case I would not have anything to stay at if I went :( poor me, lol
Chobrat and I got around the whole "over 18" thing last year. We wouldn't have had to resort to lying and sneaking around to get the room though if they would have just LET THE 18 YEAR OLD BOOK THE ROOM! ... sorry... if just pissed me off that last year I became a legal adult and yet the hotel still wouldn't let me book the room myself, we apparently needed someone 19 or older to do it... biggest piece of crap ever...
*Anyways* we got around it last year by having one of the room members mother book the room and check in for us. Other than then there wasn't anyone officially staying in the room who wasn't either 14 or 18...which isn't exactly by the rules. ^_^

xiola
09-29-2003, 11:26 PM
... not that i haven't been 18 most of the time i've been going to cons, but before i had my own credit card, i would always just ask to borrow my mom's credit card (and then collect the money and pay her back, obviously), and they never asked me how old i was... and one of my parents would always have to drive me to the con anyway so they'd just check in for us before leaving us there, which was never any trouble, and after that it was fine. *shrugs*

it's not like it's THAT lame to use your parents. my friends always used to because none of us had credit cards. if ANYONE in your room has nice parents, it's generally the easiest thing to do.

Kia
09-30-2003, 11:29 AM
:: sigh :: Well, when the lady on the phone asked me if I was 19 on the phone last year I hadn't been expecting it. And as stupid as it sounds I just couldn't turn around and tell her that I was. I dono... it just seemed like such a stupid thing to lie about, and I really don't like to lie if I *really* don't have to... anyways, just a word to anyone trying to book a hotel room, come up with a really good cover story if you *are* under 19, that way you're prepared for whatever silly questions the people might ask. And if you need them to think that there's an "adult" staying in the room, you could always tell them that I'm staying with you. ^_^

Eleryth
09-30-2003, 08:36 PM
Strange. I never had anyone ask my age when booking a room, ever...but I am not under 19, so I don't have to worry about it. I think part of the problem might be that you sound younger...? Try speaking with more assurance and confidence, and not sound worried. And if they ask you if you are 19, why not just say 'yes, why?' Even better, though, is just to get your mother (or whomevers name is on the credit card) to book it for you. No worries that way. And it only takes a few minutes. Then you. won't have to worry. From the sound of it, your mother shouldn't have any problems booking a room for you (if she did it before, and even checked in for you and all).

Kia
09-30-2003, 11:43 PM
Last year my mother wouldn't let me near her almost maxed out cerdit card, and it was a friend's mother who ended up booking the room for us.
And yes, I do sound like a child. And that's even when I'm trying to sound very adult.... in my drama class we called it the "Victoria Voice Syndrome"... but anyways, it shouldn't be a problem at all this year. I'm officially able to get my own room, and I even have my own credit card to do it with, so I'm not worrying at all. ^_^

Koumori
10-01-2003, 06:12 AM
I'll be attending AN, and probably getting married while I'm up there.

Michi
10-01-2003, 07:03 AM
My goodness...! That's wonderful, Koumori!! ^^ Haha yay for Canada. X3

Chosuke
10-01-2003, 07:35 AM
Wow! best of luck to you two!
And I can't *wait* to see your costumes!

JustinCredible
10-01-2003, 08:16 AM
I'll be attending AN, and probably getting married while I'm up there.

congrats!
::Raises arms:: WHOO HOO!

Koumori
10-01-2003, 02:20 PM
My goodness...! That's wonderful, Koumori!! ^^ Haha yay for Canada. X3

Yay, indeed, for Canada. ;) So despite my insistent posting in other threads that I would NEVER EVER EVER wear a cosplay outfit for anything other than cosplay.. *cough* I might have my *mumble* Wedding Yuna dress for that.

My honey can't sew, and doesn't cosplay unless I sew for her (she'll be my Urd at AB though!) so I have no idea if she'll be wearing anything crazy. :)

Sarcasm-hime
10-01-2003, 02:32 PM
There were 3 gay couples who got married while in Toronto for Worldcon...there are pictures up somewhere but don't recall the site. It was very sweet. ^_^

And I sympathize re: the non-sewing partner. My hubby likes to dress up, but has no interest whatsoever in learning to sew or construct things. He *did* try to help with the painting on his cloak, but alas...he sucks at painting. *lol*

Koumori
10-01-2003, 02:51 PM
There were 3 gay couples who got married while in Toronto for Worldcon...there are pictures up somewhere but don't recall the site. It was very sweet. ^_^

And I sympathize re: the non-sewing partner. My hubby likes to dress up, but has no interest whatsoever in learning to sew or construct things. He *did* try to help with the painting on his cloak, but alas...he sucks at painting. *lol*

I *have* gotten her to do a couple of sets with me where I've done the sewing... but none of them is remotely appropriate for a wedding as most of them are related. Or j-rockers. And I'm NOT getting married in a j-rocker outfit. :)

I doubt we'll be holding the actual ceremony at the con (I think you have to do it at one of a certain number of civic locations) but if it ends up being on a con day, witnesses are surely welcome. We'll be spending a few extra days in Canada on either side of the con, too, I'm sure.

Chosuke
10-02-2003, 06:52 AM
Thats adorable!
And I'm sure it would be beautiful,especially in wedding dress Yuna.
It would really cool to come and see too!

tennyoaisu
10-04-2003, 03:38 PM
I am! I've never been before, and I'm flying from BC. :)

Machiko
10-04-2003, 09:37 PM
bah...hopefully i'm going..my sis just bailed out on me cause she has to go to some camp >.<" but i know my friends will go, but i dunno if i can follow them around since my mom is so overprotective x.<

but i was planning to wear a really really nice costume *grins* i'm keeping it as a secret for now though

archangeli
10-05-2003, 04:31 PM
bah indeed!

it is not "some camp" - it's the National Youth Choir of Canada. We're 40 of the best from across the country.

Anyhow, it's unfortunate that the dates overlap. If AN04 was still set on Memorial Day weekend (before the fallout with the Regal happenend), all would be well. But, alas, I'll be off in Manitoba instead.

Allia
10-05-2003, 08:51 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes the date change. At school we got the Friday and of course the Monday off for Memorial Day weekend. It was like the perfect weekend for me and my friends. We might not even be able to go this year.

Sarcasm-hime
10-06-2003, 01:07 AM
Unfortunately, the execs had very little choice due to most hotels being already booked for many dates that are usually free (due to SARS-related rescheduling issues). For awhile it was looking like we'd have to move the con to the fall, so at least we're still in the same month. ^_^;

Allia
10-06-2003, 09:11 AM
Yeah that's good at least.

Michi
10-06-2003, 10:30 PM
o.o I'm horribly thankful and happy for the date change. I can attend both Anime North and my home con FanimeCon. :D They were going to be the same weekend before AN changed. :bigtu:

angelcosmos
10-07-2003, 12:56 AM
o.o I'm horribly thankful and happy for the date change. I can attend both Anime North and my home con FanimeCon. :D They were going to be the same weekend before AN changed. :bigtu:

:cheers: ^_^ welcome to Canada, u can drink! hee hee Can't wait to see your costumes.

fechan
10-10-2003, 10:46 AM
I'm planning to go :D
Even if no one wants to come with me!!!! (I'll convince them somehow.. don't want to be all alone in Toronto at a con for the first time ^^;;;;; )
Maybe if I make a Timer costume for my friend she'll come >=D

Kia
10-10-2003, 02:40 PM
I'm planning to go :D
Even if no one wants to come with me!!!! (I'll convince them somehow.. don't want to be all alone in Toronto at a con for the first time ^^;;;;; )
Maybe if I make a Timer costume for my friend she'll come >=D
You're always welcome to find a group at the con and just hang out with them. That's kind of what my friends and I did last year. We just wandered around, found random strangers, made them our new best friends and had them do EVERYTHING with us all weekend. ^_^

fechan
10-10-2003, 02:58 PM
You're always welcome to find a group at the con and just hang out with them. That's kind of what my friends and I did last year. We just wandered around, found random strangers, made them our new best friends and had them do EVERYTHING with us all weekend. ^_^

oh WOW! That is so happy!!! :D
I'm too shy to talk to strangers like that though ^^;;;;;
At least if my friend was with me i'd be less shy, a little ^^;;

Bata
01-18-2004, 02:35 PM
:waaaah: I'm so alone I have this horrible feeling everyone's going to bail on me at AN04! I draggin along my friends who have
A) no interest in anime
B) will probally get kicked out for trying to kick a voice actor -__-
C) and will just probally end up pretending not to know me because they'll be afraid of my cosplay

ARGH! :sulk: I need to find more anime pplz around here! The only ppl willing to go with me can't come....go figure -_-

OOOO but i can't wait to take lots of pics of the prettiful costumes ppl will be wearing! ^^

neko rinchan
01-18-2004, 07:47 PM
last year when i went to an, i brought my non-anime friend with me. the friday at the con, he *glared* at everybody. on saturday we went our seperate ways, me to the con, him shopping...

the "funnest" part was that we stayed at neilwyick (a downtown) hostel, and it took an hour to get to the con from there (subway then bus)... so this time i'm definately statying in the rooms provided... especially 'cause my parents offered to foot the bill... they feel guilty because my brother's going to bc and my other brother is going to acapulco (march break), so they're paying for my trip to toronto!

Decibella
01-18-2004, 09:17 PM
I'll be there for sure. Most likely in the dealer's room as the poster grrrly boi for Umbrella Studios Yaoi table. I was there last year vamping it up. Anyone remember the 6'5" tall Gothic Lolita Mana-sama?

the_tennyo
01-19-2004, 12:26 AM
yay im for sure going :D

Saffi
01-19-2004, 09:56 AM
nothing's going to keep me away from this one! *grin* and i'm draging a friend along too

Otaking97
01-22-2004, 12:10 AM
Hopefully we will be able to have 5-7 of the cast of PPC there! I also hope to do the Panda Mobile and get it mobilized for A.North this year...Bwhahahhah!!!! Also I think we need more signs.....And panty raids! Hehe!

rox_my_sox
02-04-2004, 05:58 PM
im going to be going to anime north for the secound time and i love it. last year i did 3 diff versions of chii from chobits. This year i am going to be making afew costumes. I'm making a really huge chii costume(better then last year) and keropi(sorry about the spelling) and Black Rose from .hack//INFECTION , a sexy kitten(original character from one of my own comics) , fire sprite(original character from one of my own comics) but my main costumes r the chii and the Black Rose costumes. It takes me about an hour to get to get there, my momma drives me kekeke ^__^

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Last year I couldn't go because of the SARS issue and because I was busy that weekend. But maybe this year I can tag along with my brother! :)

Akito354
04-17-2004, 10:39 PM
i am going to anime north the second time. I am trying to cosplay as Zabuza. The first time I went to AN i went alone and made alot of friends. I meet sum1 who had a zombie named todd and they called me "everyones best friend". Good memories hope this year is good

Ravnos
04-18-2004, 01:54 AM
yeaaaaa ... its gonna be interesting

Lyulf
04-20-2004, 07:12 PM
the hardest part will be trying to do all the things I want to do at this con

Chosuke
04-22-2004, 07:02 AM
i am going to anime north the second time. I am trying to cosplay as Zabuza. The first time I went to AN i went alone and made alot of friends. I meet sum1 who had a zombie named todd and they called me "everyones best friend". Good memories hope this year is good

omg.. its everybodies best friend!
That was Victoria <Kia> and you were in my hotel room Saturday!
I nearly stepped on you and you grumbled at me!

YukiPhnx
04-22-2004, 10:19 PM
you're so right lyulf-san! i planned all these things to do at the con. but spent most of my time wandering in the artist's alley and dealer's room. >_<

Yui
04-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Well, I think anybody who cares already knows, but I guess I'll just make it official. I'm going to be up there quite randomly, on the second mad leg of my idiotic 3-week progressive con-hopping. ^_^;;

Squall1882
04-23-2004, 12:07 AM
I'll be there this year too!! Yeah.. my first time going to Anime North.. I missed it last year and as of yet have only gone to TAC and CNanime expos. Everyone says this is much better so my hopes are high!! You can see my costumes under construction on the signature below. I'm also makin my GF's too... Umm she's gonna be Belldandy.. Some form of Rikku and Hitomi (for jpop cosplay)