PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from BAAF?

cyborg_mermaid
08-30-2003, 02:38 AM
Is anyone from BAAF '03 going to AnimeNEXT this year? I had a fantastic time with the group but I was only allowed to stay on Friday. ;-; If you don't remember I was the Female Wolfwood with confessional and sign over my shoulder.

Chiri
08-30-2003, 05:49 AM
I MIGHT be able to go, but I can't make any promises/final decisions just yet ;_; My friend and I really want to go, as it is on a holiday during school (X_X)...but first off, we have to find a way to get there, and to actually see if we're even allowed upstate in the first place, lol

If I do get there, I'll be OVA Tasuki again, but of course. ^_^;

Going to BAAF in an hour and 45 minutes...Must go get ready!

-Chiri

Chibi Bunni
08-30-2003, 04:16 PM
I think I'll go too...and oh yeah! I remember you! With the sign and a little house..that was so cute! ^_^

cyborg_mermaid
08-30-2003, 04:35 PM
I think I'll go too...and oh yeah! I remember you! With the sign and a little house..that was so cute! ^_^

Did I confessionalize you, my child? XD Were you at the meetup after the FFX Volleyball shoot?

Zetchi
08-31-2003, 01:44 PM
i might go
i was rinoa on friday and sat of BAAF
if i go to animenext then i'll either be rinoa again or ed from cowboy bebop

TyJILDown
08-31-2003, 06:25 PM
Yes, I was at BAAF. Shall be there the whole weekend of ANext.

tristasusen
09-01-2003, 10:42 AM
i would love to go but i have no clue how to get their :untrust: from the rye station...

Oshi
09-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Yo. I'll be there. Prolly arriving a lil late Fri, 5-ish, gonna go up after classes.

hikura
09-01-2003, 10:48 PM
i would love to go but i have no clue how to get their :untrust: from the rye station...
Call the hotel and ask them about how to get to the hotel from the station.Or if your staying at the hotel ask to see if they offer a shuttle service and such.Worse comes to worse see about maybe if a friendly otaku would pick you up at the station.
I am going for the entire weekend.I attended baaf.

tristasusen
09-02-2003, 10:31 AM
ok, :bigtu: thanks for the advise, i wanna go for only 1 days, so any one know which day is better, at baaf saturday was so cool and it was full of cosplayer, is it the same for animenext

Hiroe
09-02-2003, 11:01 AM

Well, the Bee Line does run the #76 bus, which supposedly passes within 2 blocks of the hotel. There's also the local taxi, which costs $6 one way. All else fails, you could probably walk it, only being about a mile or so.

I myself will be attending Next. I'm going to be running a few things, notably my Price-is-Right game show, as well as being DJ for the dance. (see my thread for requesting songs you want played at the dance.)

--Drew

TheAnarCHris
09-02-2003, 11:24 AM
I'll was Leon/ Axel at Baaf. as I'll be at ANEXT in all my Gene Starwind/Leon glory.

Xx Lulu xX
09-02-2003, 12:00 PM
Im hoping to go for a day, or two if i can get me a room...and a ride...damn not being able to drive and stuff......I'll try and drag Isami...well she wants to go anyway....so i'll keep you all updated

Sorahana
09-02-2003, 01:41 PM
I can't go. I'll try begging my mom again but........
She said its too soon and its expensive. We drove to Hamilton,NJ and took the train to get to BAAF. So I don't think I'm going. I might be going to Katsucon though. And we are going to BAAF next year XD.

AnimeParty
09-02-2003, 03:27 PM
I'll be there!!!!!!! It's my 16th birthday!!! If your there on Saturday morning, me and my friends will be pulling up in a limo!!!!

LadyGackt
09-03-2003, 08:28 AM
maybe...im 80% sure i'll be going as Kurai from A.S with an Arakune...if not I'll see some of you next year at the otakon! ^_^

ki kuru kitty
09-03-2003, 02:44 PM
I'm definately going to Anime Next and hope to have a good time hanging out. I was at Baaf, good old home con never lets me down. But I do enjoy a nice small con to meet people.

Bluucircles
09-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Hmm, I want to go, but I'm not sure. Is this worth going to? Being a new con-goer, I don't know which to hit and which to miss. But I think I might go since it's only a half-hour drive from where I live. I wouldn't be able to go Friday cuz although I have no school that day, I don't have a ride up. But I'd definitely try for Saturday and Sunday. And I'll probably just go as Thief Rikku again. I'm so boring x.x

Sciguy
09-04-2003, 05:15 PM
I may go, but only if I can get a ride and share a room =

cyborg_mermaid
09-06-2003, 11:26 AM
Hmm, I want to go, but I'm not sure. Is this worth going to? Being a new con-goer, I don't know which to hit and which to miss. But I think I might go since it's only a half-hour drive from where I live. I wouldn't be able to go Friday cuz although I have no school that day, I don't have a ride up. But I'd definitely try for Saturday and Sunday. And I'll probably just go as Thief Rikku again. I'm so boring x.x

It's a relatively small con, like Baaf or LunaCon when you compare it to Otakon and whatnot. When I think AnimeNEXT usually meeting new people, watching the masq. (Which I intend to compete in this year), buying stuff. There's not A LOT happening but all the same it's a nice small-con experience I plan to go as Ayane from DOA2. ^^;

Rinoa1022
09-06-2003, 12:21 PM
i might go :) i really wanna cosplay and itz only a few mins from me lol. just have to make an outfit in enough time. hmmmm what to make :)

eugenecheng
09-06-2003, 08:10 PM
It's a relatively small con, like Baaf or LunaCon when you compare it to Otakon and whatnot. When I think AnimeNEXT usually meeting new people, watching the masq. (Which I intend to compete in this year), buying stuff. There's not A LOT happening but all the same it's a nice small-con experience I plan to go as Ayane from DOA2. ^^;

Yeah, AnimeNext is a smaller con, but it's bigger than Lunacon.
Lunacon's attendance last year was 1200. AnimeNext should be
between 1500-2000 this year. BAAF is way bigger than either
of those 2 at 7000+ this year.

neoangelwink
09-11-2003, 11:46 PM
yes ^_^ i went to baaf . im going to animenext.

Poisonous Intent
09-12-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm going to animenext aswell, and I went to baaf. I went last year to Animenext but I went on a sunday and it was so ....well....boring. But I heard that it's more fun if you go on a saturday so i'm giving it a chance. Was it fun last year?

neoangelwink
09-12-2003, 11:24 PM
^^ i wounder how many peep are going to animenext? it seem going to be bit croud this year.

evil_neko
09-24-2003, 05:54 PM
I'm going! ^_^ I was the other Rikku at the XBV photoshoot... y'know, other than shuu-chan ^_^;

Chiri
09-25-2003, 02:24 PM
It has been confirmed!

I am going Saturday, as OVA 2 Tasuki! *grin grin*

-chiri

neoangelwink
09-25-2003, 05:29 PM
yeahee ^_^ Chiri wow all way from London.

Chiri
09-26-2003, 02:23 PM
Oh, I wish I lived in the mansion of Hellsing in London :waaaah: But, I ACTUALLY live in NY (LI) *sob*

RX 03
09-26-2003, 03:10 PM
*waves hand* I'm going! ^_^

Mermaid.. You bring Wilson pictures...

cyborg_mermaid
09-26-2003, 09:22 PM
As soon as I can, I'm broke as crazy so I'll need to starve myself for 4 days to save cash for it.

Jes-Chan
09-27-2003, 09:18 AM
OOH! i remember you!! i'm going!! do you remember seeing two girls one was Inuyasha and the other (me) was modern sango!

ayanami_kat
09-28-2003, 07:22 AM
I'm from Otakon (Devil Zukin) and BAAF (girl who kissed another girl) and at Anime Next I'm being Devil Zukin again ^_^

TheAnarCHris
09-28-2003, 10:58 PM
Yargh. I'll be there and such, cosplaying Leon (Kingdom Hearts), Axel (Guilty Gear), Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star), Bill Cane (King of the Fighters), and a bathing suit verison of Cloud Strife for the pool party on Friday night. I'll also be "Kicking your ass in SC2 man" on Sat. night. And "Being stalked by MTV" lad for most of that afternoon

Chiri
09-29-2003, 02:37 PM
Going from my last post here (I think) I am NOT cosplaying (I thought I would be) as Tasuki. *tear*

I shall be going as myself, though some may think I am cosplaying (haha, cosplaying as myself)

I guess I'll have purple ribbons tied on either side of my Hellsing bag so people can identify meh, if people are still doing the purple-ribbon-cosplay.com-member thing like they did at Otakon. *shrugs* anyway...that's all I have to say.

cyborg_mermaid
09-29-2003, 08:42 PM
I know what you mean, my Ayane costume is coming VERY close to being done but it all needs to be sewn over so I can wear it comfortably for the dance on Saturday.

If I can't get it done then I'll probably either redo Femme-Wolfwood or revive my Lulu costume from Otakon '02, just I'll be uber-short haired Lulu this time. I dunno which to decide on. --;

Chiri
09-30-2003, 03:38 PM
Do femme-Wolfwood! ^^;; Tasuki is resting until - possibly - next year. He *may* come back for Otakon, BAAF, or AnimeNEXT, I can't say for sure at this point XP

pak o potatoes
09-30-2003, 04:14 PM
I'll be there! I'm probably cosplaying as Shuichi again, like I did at BAAF.

SmokeyTheBalrog
10-01-2003, 12:27 AM
Is anyone from BAAF '03 going to AnimeNEXT this year? I had a fantastic time with the group but I was only allowed to stay on Friday. ;-; If you don't remember I was the Female Wolfwood with confessional and sign over my shoulder.

I believe I met you at BAAF!

I was Pressing for AnimeNYC with Justin. We took a bunch of picts. Even got a couple of Justin in the confessional.

Well, hope you remmember us.

See you at AnimeNEXT.

Make sure you check out our(AnimeNYC's) party, posted in this forum:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=465423

(Plug, plug, wink, wink. Ha ha ha the power of cross posting!!!)

cyborg_mermaid
10-01-2003, 10:31 PM
I believe I met you at BAAF!

I was Pressing for AnimeNYC with Justin. We took a bunch of picts. Even got a couple of Justin in the confessional.

Well, hope you remmember us.

See you at AnimeNEXT.

Make sure you check out our(AnimeNYC's) party, posted in this forum:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=465423

(Plug, plug, wink, wink. Ha ha ha the power of cross posting!!!)

Dude, I remember you guys! :D I'm trying to get the ok to stay overnight on Saturday and if so I'll probably show up at the party. Let us pray like good confessionalized children. :I

SmokeyTheBalrog
10-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Dude, I remember you guys! :D I'm trying to get the ok to stay overnight on Saturday and if so I'll probably show up at the party. Let us pray like good confessionalized children. :I

Cool, look foward to seeing you there.

I'll prob. be in the same get up as BAAF, shorts and a T with my camera.

He he, I think I have 200 picts already of Otakon and BAAF. Still uncompressed and thus on postable. Someday, I'll get to it all.

-StB (Michael)

animeandska
10-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Go me! I was at baaf! and will soon be at Anime Next- Saturday I was go as Amarao and sunday i will be James(who has glasses and blue spinkey hair... i hope)! I hope to see you guys there- yeah! go life!