PDA

View Full Version : Deciding on to go...

allyunion
08-30-2003, 04:45 AM
Oro... I can't decide to go or not. Although I'm facing a 1 hr and 30 minute drive... I have no place to stay, :lost: and I have classes on Friday of the day of the con. If I drive from my university, it's an extra 30 minutes. :eeek: I don't think I have any friends who will go with me since Ani-Magic seems to be smaller con than Fanime. With the gas prices, the hotel fees, and the con fee... I dunno... I only know of two people who I can take along, who might be happy to go, who are from Cosplay.com... but er... still no room.

I kinda mind the cost... but you know, the majority of people on Cosplay.com and the people I talk to at the con who are cosplaying are such great people to talk to. I suppose I'll decide in Sept. However, considering I've gone to Fanime, and Anime Expo... I think my parents will disapprove of me going to a THIRD con for this year. But then again, I get my own car this year and I have my own job to pay for the con. So... :razz: on them. (My parents are giving me my car this year, I'm thankful for that...)

I am willing to drive from Riverside to my home town of Cerritos to pick up people. (Asian Markets don't exist in Riverside. They are virtually non-existant. So is good Asian food.) Cerritos is a 15 minute drive from Anaheim, by the way. I suppose if I could get the hotel problem solved... and a few people to help pay my gas cost... Then I think I'll go.

cactusmomma
08-30-2003, 06:09 AM
goooo~~ sleep in your car if you must :P

i <3 cerrito asian markets and their pocky-filled stores

BlueLady
08-30-2003, 12:42 PM
theres a whole thread devoted to people looking for roomates.. grab one and get a room cheap.

Michi
08-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Ani-Magic is smaller than Fanime, sure, but it's a lot cheaper than most anything else. The hotel and surrounding hotels are uber cheap (especially with friends), and reg doesn't cost nearly as much.. and you don't spend the whole time searching for people or where panel room 3 is. :p I've always enjoyed it for the laid back party atmosphere.. I recommend you really try to find some roommates and try it out!

AM Chair
08-31-2003, 12:32 PM
For the life of me, I'll never understand the "far away" aspect of Lancaster to people who live down below. Have these folks gotten so used to everything being so close they are affraid to venture north? Then they drive to Fanime, a shear five hours away from us???? AV anime fans make the drive to ANY anime affair and think nothing of it, 'cuz we have to. As for Riverside, when I went to NCO Academy at March AFB, I was home in under 90 minutes. So buck up and be brave, come on up and hang with us...you won't regret it.