PDA

View Full Version : Bayonetta Cosplay Help

Thezombiemessia
01-27-2010, 06:59 PM
I did a quick search of this area for a similar thread, but only found the one thread suggesting Bayonetta as a good Cosplay idea.

So I apologise if this has been done to death.

Anyways, on with the thread:

My Fiancee is perfect for this cosplay. She's got the right body, she's got the right style.

What we're lacking is the actual costume.

We've searched high and low, but are both entirely new to the whole cosplay scene, so we're not good at finding anything.

To add insult to injury, we're in the UK, where we don't have excellent access to lots of Cosplay shops, or huge amounts of gaming memorabilia, etc.

The both of us were wondering if anybody knew of anywhere to get the correct bits and pieces for a Bayonetta Costume?

Even if you were able to direct us to where to get the main body-suit, as the rest can easily be custom made from bits & bobs, that would be fantastic.

My thanks go out to anybody that knows of anywhere to look, or anywhere to buy.

Kind regards,
TZM

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi! I'm cosplaying Bayonetta too :) perhaps you can commission the bodysuit from someone. Its highly unlikely to find one identical to Bayonetta's considering how its made (plunging back, chest out, the fabric it is, etc) just find a commissioner and pm them. They'll quote you then ask for your fiancee's measurements and such. Good luck!

Thezombiemessia
01-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Is there anyone or anywhere you could recommend that would know how to do a custom job on the body suit?

We've had a look around, but can't find much and there are a lot of places that look fairly dodgy when it comes to quality, etc.

han-Vu
01-28-2010, 09:06 AM
The catsuit is fairly similar to ones often found in adult shops so maybe theres a fun day for you two. Find something similar & have a tailor do some alterations for the specific details.

Theres also the commissioners in the market place section of this forum http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/index.php they'll need some lots of very accurate measurements to pull off a Bayonetta costume though & she might not even be able to try it on while it's being made if the commisioner is overseas.

Ghai
01-30-2010, 12:34 PM
My girlfriend was going to get a full body leotard and work from there. I've seen pictures on this site of it being made of leather, but not only do we have no idea how to do that, it doesn't look like it'd be fun to wear all con. For the hair part on her arms you could get long wigs if you want the hair-esque to it.

The gun's will be fun too, especially attatching them to her legs. Keep updated though.

Yamia Ishtar
01-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Last year, SEGA put up on their blog tips on making a Bayonetta cosplay. They have a full body shot of their model among other things. Hope this helps. ^ ^

http://www.bayonettahalloween.com/

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-30-2010, 11:21 PM
*bookmarks* VERY HELPFUL LINK!

Yamia Ishtar
01-31-2010, 11:09 AM
You're welcome! :3

FoxyKitsune
02-06-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm actually planning a Bayonetta cosplay in the near future also, I was going to go the route of buying a premade catsuit and altering it from there, but I wasn't sure whether PVC or latex would be better. Any thoughts on this?

Kenmei
02-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm actually planning a Bayonetta cosplay in the near future also, I was going to go the route of buying a premade catsuit and altering it from there, but I wasn't sure whether PVC or latex would be better. Any thoughts on this?

I'd avoid latex unless you've worked with it before. The tiny holes that a sewing needle creates could cause the latex to rip. Its also not the best if you're doing wide movements. Though if you'd want to use latex, its wise to do a glue strip of latex onto sewn seam to prevent tearing. Also, depend on your latex's base, it may have issues if it gets wet.

A PVC would work out pretty well. Most PVC have a similar sheen and don't rip apart as easily. Patent Vinyl in combination with your regular or stretch PVC would probably work. (Since the center panel on the front (http://www.bayonettahalloween.com/images/bayonetta_character_lg.jpg) seems to have a different thickness.)

Either should work. Its pretty much a preference on how much moving, cleaning methods, etc. Hope this helped. :3

Hikari4116
02-10-2010, 09:20 PM
so many Bayonetta cosplayers! <3 i was goin to cosplayer her as well... lol! but me, i was goin to make the base of her unitard with nylon/spandex and add the extra detail on top

FoxyKitsune
02-22-2010, 10:34 PM
I'd avoid latex unless you've worked with it before. The tiny holes that a sewing needle creates could cause the latex to rip. Its also not the best if you're doing wide movements. Though if you'd want to use latex, its wise to do a glue strip of latex onto sewn seam to prevent tearing. Also, depend on your latex's base, it may have issues if it gets wet.

A PVC would work out pretty well. Most PVC have a similar sheen and don't rip apart as easily. Patent Vinyl in combination with your regular or stretch PVC would probably work. (Since the center panel on the front (http://www.bayonettahalloween.com/images/bayonetta_character_lg.jpg) seems to have a different thickness.)

Either should work. Its pretty much a preference on how much moving, cleaning methods, etc. Hope this helped. :3
Yeah, I've never worked with latex before, and this doesn't seem like a good 'beginner' project lol. To me it actually looks like the suit is made from different 'panels', as you have suggested. There is clearly a center panel seperated down the middle front by the zipper, and it almost looks like a unitard layered over a pair of leggings to a certain degree. Also, the different panels look as if they have varying degrees of 'shininess', so I will probably use a combination of wet look spandex, 4-way stretch matte vinyl, and stretch pvc for the finer details. Thanks for the input :3

Satine
02-22-2010, 11:47 PM
You can't sew latex at all :) Catsuits etc are always glued/molded to shape. Even zips are glued in place (basically the fabric of the zip gets soaked and when the glue cures it stays.

PVC is definitely the way to go. It breathes because of the seams (it's not much but it is enough to stop pools of sweat developing which I know happens with latex) it stays shiny always and it doesn't stink ;) If you can track down a four way matt PVC/vinyl that would probably be ideal. I have some myself for other projects and am looking at ways of adding a satin gloss finish. I think silicon oil will work, I just need to get some ;) A bit of elbow grease to make sure to get rid of the excess and voila.

It is generally harder to work with than regular stretch fabrics because it has a much firmer stretch so I would recommend making it only from the two pvcs- otherwise you will get some interesting puckering and such where the different stetches are sewn together.

The other option is to get some foil lycra- it is basically a nylon lycra with a printed very thin plastic. It has the same stretch as regular nylon lycra/spandex but does have great shine. You can also get a fabric called cire which is a stretch fabric that has been rolled in a metal roller that is heated to melt the top surface. I have only seen it in person as a 2 way but I did see some online that was 4 way.
You can use 2 way stretch fabric but you need to cut it on the diagonal to maximise stretch in three directions. I have done it before but my fabric was fragile so I tend not to wear it.

Flora88
02-22-2010, 11:56 PM
@thezombiemessia

I'd not try making a unitard, myself. But I'd start with a basic mock neck or Mandarin-collared unitard made of a leatherish material, or ome made to look like leather.

I suggest River's Edge Dancewear, as I've done quite a bit of business with them in the past.

Here's a product you might like.

http://www.riversedgedancewear.com/lilemoneunbt.html

You'd of course have to add additional piping and the cutouts and bits of the other material, but I think this would be a pretty good base. :)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
02-23-2010, 11:17 AM
flora: oh I love you for that link! That's the perfect base. Does the zipper go up the front or back? I'd assume the back (can't tell though). But it can be turned around and the zipper might have to be replaced so it stops at the chest. I can't wait to order that suit!

Flora88
02-23-2010, 06:47 PM
No problem, Jessi-Chan! :D
They're awesome. And if you need it by a certain date, just send them a comment or email, and they'll do their best to make the unitard to your specifications. Yeah, the zipper goes up the back, but, you're right, it's not pre-shaped or anything, so you can just turn it around. :)
But, yeah, look around on their site. They've got a lot of fun stuff.

Iroh likes tea
02-24-2010, 03:34 PM
I will love anyone who pulls this off and looks good in it....the game makes me giggle

hayatecrawford
03-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Whoa, I guess Bayonetta's such a popular celebrity huh~ In fact, I am working on her guns now and I will have my costume and wig commissioned by a Chinese vendor.

Making her guns is a LOT of fun and learnings ^^

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-24-2010, 05:16 PM
May I ask how you're making her guns? I was gonna modify Nerf Mavericks, but that seems a lot more work then I want to put in on $8 guns (times 4 = $32!)