PDA

View Full Version : Steve Fox cosplay help!

Leeksoup
01-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi everyone!

Me and a couple friends are going as a small Tekken 6 group for Wondercon in April. We're all doing our best characters- except me, since I use Bob, and I am NOT willing to gain 200lbs to do Bob. So I'm using my second best- Steve Fox!

For those who don't know, a good picture is found here (http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-04/art/tk5-steve-fox.jpg), and an alternate one here (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/tekken/en/images/thumb/5/53/Steve.jpg/300px-Steve.jpg). It seems like a fairly simple cosplay- no major alterations to anything, no hand-making clothes- but I haven't the faintest idea of where to get this stuff.

The shirt especially will be a problem- looking for "Steve Fox cosplay" gets me three pictures and no advice. It's a pretty iconic shirt, too- if I can't get it I can't be Steve, basically.

The gloves are moderately hard, but I have an idea- get some basic fingerless gloves and add studs to the knuckles. Basic but effective, unless there's a better answer somewhere.

I have only seen a pair of red pants IRL once, and they were for girls. I might have to import a pair from England or something. :)

He has very nice shoes, I must say. While I have a pair that will do, any advice on how to get those?

And the chain and wig shouldn't be problems. I can get them easily.

Any help would be appreciated! (Also, if anyone else is coming as Tekken characters, we're going to have to stage a fight. It's just too cool an opportunity to pass up.)

Leeksoup
01-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Shameless bump. Anyone have anything for me? I'd even accept scathing criticism. :)

Lady Valentine
01-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Yay more Tekken cosplayers. I'm gonna be Asuka Kazama for Wonder Con!!

The first link didn't work so I'm gonna comment on the alternative costume.

Shirt: Sky blue shirt. Seems simple except for the pattern, maybe. Try iron print paper and iron the design on the shirt. That's what I'm doing for Asuka's school crest on her shirt.

Gloves: You can get weightlifting gloves which are fingerless. They look sturdy and legit. Add those studs. You can get them from craft stores or off your studded belt lol.

Pants: White slacks.

Shoes: White loafers with black soles.

It doesn't have to look exactly the same but close enough to make people say "OMG it's Steve Fox!" We should meet up cuz some of my friends are cosplaying Tekken characters, too!!