PDA

View Full Version : New York cosplayer photoshoot?

Railiens
08-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Hey guys, I'm quite curious. Are there many cosplayers near the Rochester area? I was hoping to set up a cosplay gathering or picnic of sorts, most likely held at RIT (Rochester Institude of Technology), where I go to school. I'm sure RIT's large Anime Club would be willing to help me out.

I often see cosplay gatherings further in the west, and also in the south with RisingSun.net... I thought that NY cosplayers needed some love :heart:

Let me know what yo think!

Allia
08-30-2003, 07:21 PM
Hey I'm from Rochester, NY! I would love to come to a cosplay gathering. I know there are a few others on this site that are from Rochester too. One of them is MikigamiTokiya. I think she would be more than happy to go. You might want to ask her if she does not see this thread. When do you think you'll have it? Could I bring some of my friends who also cosplay? Thanks this sounds like it will be a lot of fun! :p

Railiens
08-30-2003, 11:23 PM
Hey Allia! That's awesome! I'm going to try to get together as many cosplayers as possible, so any and all friends are more than welcome!

I will have to find out when most cosplayers will be able to attend by poll. I'm still planning things right now, so we'll see. RIT is a great place for photos and there are some really nice places to eat as well :) So I would really like to see this happen! NY cosplayers need photoshoot love! :)

MikigamiTokiya
08-31-2003, 12:28 AM
very intetrested. i was thinking about making a thread like this myself cause i know lotsa peeps in this area. rochester power or whatnot >=D anyways we have IdatenMiki, duossweetheart8, TomokoKisiragi, Jackal0321 and Tsukimi Odango in our area. A few more peeps who go to my school (Sakura and Momoko) might go and i know a couple other random people i could invite ^.^ i think there a few more on the site too.

IdatenMiki
08-31-2003, 01:31 AM
lol that'd be cool <>_<>'' who says a small... ish... city like us doesnt have enough people to make a cosplay picnic type of thing right? it'd be interesting to find people who accually live around here.

shmonkers
09-01-2003, 12:01 AM
I had no idea there were so many cosplay peeps in NY. I went to BAAF this weekend and learned that lesson pretty quickly.

I wish I could go but that's a bit far!!

I've also never really been to a real picnic before (of any kind, not just a cosplay one) so it would have been a double treat for me. Oh well...

Railiens
09-01-2003, 12:20 AM
I didn't expect much of a response, but this is very good! Feel free to post when would be good times during the year. Since it sounds like most of you are from Rochester, you should know about the winters there.. heh, so perhaps a warmer month would be good. Or not, whatever you think!

Let me know! Hopefully, more Rochester/NY area cosplayers will find this thread and respond!

MikigamiTokiya
09-01-2003, 12:48 PM
anytime is good for me as long as we have a few weeks warning cause i'll have to get time off of work.

Akutenshi
09-01-2003, 05:27 PM
I'm not from Rochester, from New Jersey actually, but depending on time of year I'd love to come.

I have some surgery this month and after that I have to find a job..if I can afford to come then I'll be there ^_^

Emeralda
09-01-2003, 05:39 PM
My ex lived in Rochester, so I know it doesn't take all that long to get up there. Well, it does.. but I never really minded the drive so much. But I'd likely be willing to come up for a shoot.

Allia
09-01-2003, 06:25 PM
I don't think it would be much fun at a park in the winter time, way too cold. But if we have it indoors during winter like at a cabin at some park I think that would be great. I use to have cabin partys every year at Mendon Ponds Park. I think that would be fun and that way we could go outside for some pics and be cold for a few minutes, and then we would be able to go inside to warm up.

Stupid me you said you wanted to have it at RIT. Well I guess its the same idea. Go outside for a few minutes take pics come back inside. I think the snow would be a nice background even if we need to sacrifce some warmth.

Railiens
09-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Great! More people! Awesome! Let's try and make this a semi-big event! :D

Allia, I think that if you have a nice park area in mind, that would be wonderful! There are cabins? Like cabins that you can rent? That would be very interesting.

Around here, it's already getting quite cold. I had planned on a sping month, perhaps sometime between March and June. The snow is really quite unpredictable in Rochester.

By spring time, more cosplayers will know about this as well. I'll just keep spreading the word. And making plans... because hopefully, this will be a big thing! Or at least, you know... involving more than ten people :}

Allia
09-01-2003, 08:08 PM
Railiens,
Yes you can rent out cabins. But I think your right, waiting until we get a bigger crowed is better. I just don't want people who are interested now to lose interest or forget by the time the photoshoot happens. But having like twenty people would be great.
Maybe you can start to list the people who are comming and thinking about comming every so often on a post. That way people can see the numbers rise and who is comming. Also that way you could maybe E-mail those people later to remind them. Sorry if I'm taking over. I'm just really excited. From now I you run everything. (I'm just a little silly at the moment XD sorry)

Railiens
09-02-2003, 12:17 AM
Allia, I thoroughly appreciate your help! :) Please continue, I can't do this alone. I would definitely make sure that people are always reminded, whether it is through Cosplay.com or perhaps a mailing list of some sorts... people are going to hate me by the time this is over ;)

I think that the park idea is really great, and I think that perhaps the two of us should meet up and talk about renting a cabin (or two? I'm not sure what the park and cabins are like). That way, the cosplayers would have a place to be inside in case of weather, and also so that they can change, etc.

First, we're going to need everyone who thinks that they will be able to attend let me know what dates they prefer, if any, between March and June. List your name and e-mail below! Tell all of your cosplaying friends! Allia, you seem to be keeping on this thread, so feel free to help me keep others informed, espcially those who have already replied in interest.

Thanks! :)

MikigamiTokiya
09-02-2003, 12:24 AM
heh good ideas people ^^ having a place to change is always good =D if we're having it in the spring why not do it around the time of Anime North because then everyone in the area whos going will have their costumes done and such ^^ i'll pm you my email address and drag as many peeps as i can whenever we decide to have it

Allia
09-02-2003, 08:57 AM
My E-mail is Allia63@yahoo.com.
I know that my friend Ricky, A.J., and Max P. will want to go but these guys might want to go too but I don't know for sure, Rashid, Max C., Chay.

Sure if we want to have it at a cabin or at some park by the Canal(I know there are picnic places there) we could get together and talk. I'll do a little reasearching about the different places. I think the only times I would be free would be on weekends seeing as school is about to start and take over my life for the next ten months.

MikigamiTokiya Great idea to have it close to AN. I know that my friends will have new costumes they will want to show off. I'll keep in mind while searching for a cabin that it should have some place to change. I know there are bathrooms but they are kinda dirty.

We could also go to charlott (don't know how to spell it) beach when summer comes around again.

If we are having a picnic type thing we might want to make a list of things we need like salad, hot dogs/hamburgers, chips and dip, materials, etc. We could post a list of stuff and just have people pic off what they want to bring on the list. That way no two people will bring one thing and so we don't forget the rolls or something.

I would rather it not be the end of may or early June because that's when I have exams, but I know everyone has different exam times so I guess I can go whenever as long as its on a weekend. Can't wait.

MikigamiTokiya
09-02-2003, 11:29 AM
yes exaqms would be a horrendous time for everybody cause i know alot of parents wouldn't let their kids go cause they need to study...weak... but anyways ^^;; i'm all up for beringing food and such. charlotte would be fun cause they have the light house and the pavillions and such there which could be fun. i dunnoh about the sand with some of my costumes but yeah it could work for peeps i'm sure ^_^

makonurikoryoko
09-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Im also in NJ but Im sure that some peoples I know and me ^^ would love to go! :D Any excuse for cosplaying!! yay! ^_^

Railiens
09-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Here's a quick list of all of the names that have been mentioned, would like to attend, or could possibly attend.

Railiens (myself)
Allia
MikigamiTokiya
duossweetheart8
TomokoKisiragi
Jackal0321
Tsukimi Odango
Sakura
Momoko
Akutenshi
Emeralda
Ricky
A.J.
Max P.
Rashid
Mac C.
Chay
makonurikoryoko

Mako, your name is quite a mouthful! It would be great for you to come! More NJ cosplayers, that's great! Also great that you guys would be willing to travel up here!

I am seeing that this photoshoot will be located at a cabin or a park by the canal, over the weekend, sometime close to Anime North. Perhaps that way we could get some of the Anime North goers to also attend our photoshoot as well.

Allia, the beach sounds like a good idea as well. Where we have this will ultimately depend, I think, on whether or not we can get a cabin/pavillion/someplace to keep everyone and our things as well as a place that will allow us some privacy, away from annoying teenaged boys and stares from onlookers :P

Food is a really, really good idea. That, and music (as well as perhaps some lounge chairs or something of that sort?) Before we decide who will bring what, we will have to have a better idea of who will be able to attend. But first, we will have to know when and where this will take place.

So let me know what you think about where it will be and what weekend around the time of Anime North we should scehdule it for! :)

Ranma Saotome
09-03-2003, 01:59 AM
Hey, Ranma Saotome here, President of NYO Cosplay! :) We always have a couple of NYC area based photoshoots. Depending on when you have yours, I don't think there would be a problem in getting my club to join you... Can you make room for about 20 or cosplayers?! :)

Allia
09-03-2003, 09:54 AM
Yay our numbers are growing! NYC and NJ cosplayers coming to Rochester. Wow.

Railiens would you like me to look at parks too? I know I live no more than a minute away from Henpeck Park. Its right up the road from me. I don't think you need to hold it for the event. I think you can just go up there and set things up and have the photoshoot/lunch. They have bathrooms but I don't know how nice they are.

The only thing is where does everyone else live? I live in Greece and I think MikigamiTokiya lives in Penfield. Should we try to have the thing located in between everyone?

The time around Anime North sounds good. If its a little before, even better. That way exams are not a problem.

Railiens
09-03-2003, 01:47 PM
Ranma, hi! We would love for you guys to join us! This is great!

Allia - Seriously, I can't believe how many people are turning up interested 0.0 This is great. If you can, feel free to look into parks. If you find some good ones, let me know, perhaps the two of us could get together and check it out. That way, we could be able to pick a good spot and let everyone know how to get to where it is.

We should probably try to have this located within a somewhat equal distance to everyone. I am staying at RIT, but distance is not a problem for me.

Edit: When is Anime North? May, but what dates?

KaineMaxwell
09-03-2003, 01:57 PM
Name a time and place, my friend.

Allia
09-03-2003, 02:13 PM
Anime North will be the 28th-30th of May.

Sure I'll look into parks and then we can get togethr and decide which is the best.

It would help us if everyone could say where they are comming from. If you are in Rochester what town do you live in? Thanks.

KaineMaxwell another NJ person. Keep 'em coming everyone. Yay so many people.

Ranma Saotome
09-03-2003, 02:18 PM
*waves* Uhm 20 cosplayers form the NYC metro area here. ^^

Allia
09-03-2003, 02:39 PM
Here is a new list of people attending and also where they are from.

Railiens (RIT campus)
Allia (Greece)
MikigamiTokiya (Irondequoit)
duossweetheart8 (Irondequoit)
TomokoKisiragi (Irondequoit)
Jackal0321 (Irondequoit)
Tsukimi Odango
Sakura
Momoko
Akutenshi (NJ)
Emeralda
Ricky (Pittsford)
A.J. (Rochester)
Max P. (Rochester)
Rashid (Rochester)
Max C. (Rochester)
Chay (Rochester)
makonurikoryoko (NJ)
Ranma Saotome with 20 others (NYC mettro)
KaineMaxwell (NJ)

Ranma Saotome
09-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Uhm, if Animazement is the same time as Anime North, I won't be ther, but I shall send NYO Cosplay to help out. ^^

Allia
09-03-2003, 02:48 PM
I don't think we are going to do this the same time as Anime North. I think Railiens said it might be around the time of Anime North. So I think you could still be able to go. When is Animazement? We might be able to work around that. We'll see what others plans are though too. I hope it will be a time in which you can make it.

Ranma Saotome
09-03-2003, 03:00 PM
Memorial Day Weekend. ^^

Railiens
09-03-2003, 03:06 PM
How does May 22 or May 23 sound? Or do you want to go with May 15 or 16? Those are the weekends before Anime North.

Ranma Saotome
09-03-2003, 03:23 PM
15/16 sounds good.

Allia
09-03-2003, 04:48 PM
Either are fine with me. I'm here for those dates.

Ranma Saotome
09-03-2003, 06:05 PM
AWesome! :):):)

Railiens
09-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Oh goodness, I stuck my foot in my mouth. I'm going to have go with the 15th or 16th, since I will be leaving Rochester for the summer after that.

So now here is the other question: 15 (sat) or 16 (sun)? Or both? Although I'm not sure how we would manage that?

Allia
09-03-2003, 09:35 PM
It does not matter for me. I'll leave both days open for now. I think maybe it would be easier for the out of town people to have it Sat. But I don't know.

MikigamiTokiya
09-03-2003, 10:06 PM
I and all the people i mentioned are in irondequoit actually all the same school XD cept for Tsukimi Odango cause she's in college. don't you all wish u had a school crowd lol ^^;; wow it would be so shibby if we could get all the NYC peeps up *want to meet cyber wolf*

Allia
09-03-2003, 10:26 PM
Oops, sorry I'll fix that.

Railiens
09-03-2003, 10:55 PM
Yes, Saturday. Okay then, is everyone alright with May 15?

MikigamiTokiya
09-04-2003, 06:41 PM
yea should be fine.. it's before AN right? i can't remember the date for that >.o oh i have more people to bring (cait and zach) who haven't joined the site and possibly i can grab my cosplaying cousin down from his hick town for it ^^;;

Sakura
09-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Hey ^_^ I finally noticed this thread, sorry it took me awhile because I don't visit the boards much. I have a few cosplaying buddies who would love to come (momoko and nekoi are on cosplay.com as well) and then I have 8 or so other friends who would most likely want to come in their costumes but I would have to check with them and tell them to keep those dates free. But the idea sounds really cool =D Oh, and we are all from Rochester.

Allia
09-06-2003, 09:33 AM
Saturday May 15th cosplay gathering in Rochester, N.Y.

New list of people. So many more. This is great.

Railiens (RIT campus)
Allia (Greece)
Jackal0321 (Irondequoit)
Tsukimi Odango
Akutenshi (NJ)
Emeralda
Ricky (Pittsford)
A.J. (Rochester)
Max P. (Rochester)
Rashid (Rochester)
Max C. (Rochester)
Chay (Rochester)
makonurikoryoko (NJ)
KaineMaxwell (NJ)
cait (Irondequoit)
zach (Irondequoit)
cosplaying cousin (his hick town)
Sakura (Rochester)
momoko (Rochester)
nekoi (Rochester)
Eight of Sakura's friends (Rochester)

Yay so many people. Keep spreading the word.

52 people so far.

Railiens
09-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Sakura, great! It's good to know that you are coming, as well as plenty more people.

There is a girl here on campus who is interested in cosplay... I will have to find out who she is and get ahold of her. Perhaps she will come, and perhaps RIT Anime Club people will attend. So expect more company!

Allia - Let me know when you would like to go scouting for locations. As soon as we know where this will be held, I will repost this thread officially.

I will be bringing along my friend Amanda, who will be visiting me here and she will also be cosplaying. So I expect at least ten? Or more? People to be added to the list.

:D

makonurikoryoko
09-08-2003, 01:00 PM
oh ^^ Goody I must keep that weekend open! ::writes down on calendar::
^_^ This sounds like alot of fun! Yay

Ranma Saotome
09-08-2003, 01:06 PM
Two words....

ROAD TRIP!!!!!! XD

Studmaster
09-08-2003, 01:14 PM
May 15th - 16th would be perfect. Those are reading days, and this will be a perfect time to have some fun before Finals.

TheAnarCHris
09-08-2003, 01:17 PM
Mayhaps I'll show up, depending on what my AnimeNEXT funds are....and if i can mooch a ride off of someone.

Railiens
09-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Awesome XD

I am wondering what kind of photographers we can get up here? I have a nice camera, and am perfectly willing to take a couple of nice posed shots of everyone, but what else can we get?

makonurikoryoko
09-08-2003, 01:41 PM
I wa sjust talking with Ranma about how itd be cool to invite someone like the guy that runs Risingsun.net to come. Or even if Admin wanted to come all the way over ^^ hehe thatd be awsome

Studmaster
09-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Oh? You mean Maroboshi. I met him at the photoshoot in Providence. I can pull some strings with my connections to see if he can come, but we would most likely have to pay his way through contributions. (if all the confirmed people put in 20 dollars, then it should be enough left over for food as well) Either way. I'm talking to some people after class.

Railiens
09-08-2003, 01:50 PM
I am all for helping to pay for Maroboshi to come up. Kyle is Cosplay.com's Admin, right? If he were going to go to Anime North, then he might consider our gathering, right? I mean, it is going to be pretty big. So I think that if we wanted Kyle to join us, then we would have to convince him to go to Anime North, make his trip a bit more worth while :P

Studmaster, that's really cool of you. I'm sure that everyone wouldn't mind contributing! :D

makonurikoryoko
09-08-2003, 01:55 PM
good plan! ^^ yeah it seems like this will be rather large so I dont think thered be too much of a problem getting together to get Maroboshi up.

KaineMaxwell
09-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Dude, the 16th's my birthday too! ^________^

Railiens
09-08-2003, 02:05 PM
We will have to have cake, then, KaineMaxwell! Mwahaha.... XD

I think that this will be larger than we think. At least I hope that it will! After months of getting the word out, gathering more friends, and contacting photographers, this is really going to be quite an event.

Speaking of getting the word out, I was thinking of designing a small webpage when we get all of the information sorted out, just so that everyone has a base of information all in one spot.

KaineMaxwell
09-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Well hey we got 9 months at least to plan this out!

hikura
09-08-2003, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't mind going to this event.I am coming albany ny..how far is rochester from albany just out of curiousty?

Momoko
09-08-2003, 04:26 PM
Hi everyone! I haven't posted on here in months, but Sakura showed me this, and I'm so in! I've always wanted to be in a cosplay.com photoshoot thing, and getting together with all you Rochester people cosplaying together is... SWEET! *giggles*

KaineMaxwell
09-08-2003, 05:29 PM
hey Railiens, if you can, contac tme please. if you're having this at RIT I know people who are part (and officals) of the RIT Anime Club who can likely help from another board.

2 them do a webcomic. ^_~

Railiens
09-09-2003, 12:57 AM
hikura, I would say three or four hours away. Hope that you can make it!

Hi Momoko! Glad you would like to come! I can't wait to meet everyone! :D

Emeralda
09-09-2003, 09:41 AM
Albany to Rochester is probably like 3 or so. Just have to jump on the Thruway... though I'm sure there is a quicker, cheaper way.

KaineMaxwell
09-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Railiens, I'll talk to ya later hopefully about RIT.

Anyone know bus or transportation prices to up there?

Allia
09-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Saturday May 15th cosplay gathering in Rochester, N.Y.

Railiens (RIT campus)
Railiens cosplay campus friend (RIT)
Allia (Greece)
Jackal0321 (Irondequoit)
Tsukimi Odango
Akutenshi (NJ)
Emeralda
Ricky (Pittsford)
A.J. (Rochester)
Max P. (Rochester)
Rashid (Rochester)
Max C. (Rochester)
Chay (Rochester)
makonurikoryoko (NJ)
KaineMaxwell (NJ)
cait (Irondequoit)
zach (Irondequoit)
Sakura (Rochester)
momoko (Rochester)
nekoi (Rochester)
Starwind824
Studmaster
Hikura (albany)
Maboroshi *our official photo guy*

Yay so many people. Keep spreading the word.

57 people so far.

Ranma Saotome
09-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Railiens, I'll talk to ya later hopefully about RIT.

Anyone know bus or transportation prices to up there?

Greyhound.

Studmaster
09-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Just bumping this Thread up.

Edit: I have just E-Mail Maroboshi. Hopefully I will be getting a reply ASAP.

Railiens
09-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Thanks, Studmaster (manyhugstoyou) :D

I can't wait for May, doobie doo... X}

Maboroshi
09-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Hi!

I got an email from Studmaster about the photoshoot. Sounds really cool. May 15/16 is the weekend before JACON so it looks open for me.

The only thing I just noticed though is that weekend is the same as Anime Central. Is that too much of a conflict for everyone? Would they want the weekend before that or still the 15/16?

I'm interested in more information about the location if that's possible. Does anyone have any photos of it?

Maboroshi
09-10-2003, 08:14 PM
BTW,

Hi Railiens! I remember seeing you at Otakon last year!

Studmaster
09-10-2003, 08:19 PM
That's a good question, Maboshi. Personally, I will not be attending Anime Central, and I don't think a lot of people on the list so far have given any indication that they will be going to Chicago. But, then again...I'm not those people, so responding to the question is good.

Allia
09-10-2003, 09:37 PM
Railiens and I have to scout out a place to have it. We are thinking about a park. I have a few places in mind (Railiens I will PM you about these places tomorrow) but we do not know for sure. We can give you a photo if you like when we find the place. Thanks for taking interest in our small gathering (maybe not so small anyomore).

KaineMaxwell
09-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Sounds good to me. RIT may be a good place for us all to meet and travel together though...just a thought.

makonurikoryoko
09-10-2003, 10:54 PM
yes, having a photo of the locations would be cool ^^ then we can bring costumes thatll look good there hehe

Ranma Saotome
09-10-2003, 11:03 PM
No Acen for me. ^^ I just hope to have Wizard ready by then. ^^

Railiens
09-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Maboroshi, that's so great of you! I'm so glad that you would like to join us! (Even more glad that you recoignized and remembered me! I certainly remember you from Otakon! :D) Allia and I would be more than happy to give you all of the information you would like about the location just as soon as we settle on one, which should be soon.

We will need the information for the small website I will construct as a base of information.

For those of you who have PMed me, I habe your messages, and I'll get back to you asap! Gomen ^^;

KaineMaxwell
09-11-2003, 10:09 PM
I doubt you'd need help with the website but should you ever I'd be glad to help out.

Maboroshi
09-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Cool. I know there's still plenty of time to work out specifics, so if someone is able to simply give me a heads up when more info is decided on, that would be good. Althought I will try to check this thread every so often. The info on a normal webpage sounds good (combined with the thread here on cosplay.com).

If this is something with no limit on the amount of people coming (which is what it looks like), will there be two days for it? We've had a few photoshoots down here that were two days to help allow people to come who have to work on Saturdays and such. As for me I may be available for both days (I may have a more open schedule then when I went up to RI last month). Either way (one or two days) works for me.

Railiens
09-15-2003, 05:15 PM
We will be sure to keep you posted, Maboroshi. Thanks again. You've had photoshoots for two days before, right? How do people usually go about doing that? Just stay in a hotel room for the night?

Then perhaps two days is a good idea. What if the weather were bad on Saturday? Then Sunday would still be open. So yeah, two days.

What does everyone think about that?

KaineMaxwell, thanks, but it should take me no time to get that done :)

KaineMaxwell
09-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Coolness, IM me sometime too please. :)

Studmaster
09-15-2003, 05:29 PM
We will be sure to keep you posted, Maboroshi. Thanks again. You've had photoshoots for two days before, right? How do people usually go about doing that? Just stay in a hotel room for the night?

Then perhaps two days is a good idea. What if the weather were bad on Saturday? Then Sunday would still be open. So yeah, two days.

Cool that you are doing the website. Cause I suck in that area. :D

If you need any help with admistrative stuffs, just PM or IM me.

KaineMaxwell
09-15-2003, 05:45 PM
Ok that some people come for one day instead of both, I take it?

Maboroshi
09-15-2003, 05:55 PM
It all depends on the person and how far away they are. I usually try to have our photoshoots near a main group so most that come don't have to travel far. The cosplayers have always each decided all their own rooming plans (if applicable). If it's a two day thing and someone's come for two days, either they live close enough or they just decide to stay with someone else they know nearby. For our Resident Thriller photoshoot though several of the cosplayers got three rooms at a hotel nearby (all next door rooms) and several of us stayed there. Gotta be careful about that though, cause that can turn into a hall party (having all rooms next door to each other) and you don't want to be a nuisance to the other guests (but our hotel was "low key" enough that everyone's hall shenanigans was "normal" and not even a worry ~_^).

Maboroshi
09-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Of course! A second day is simply an opportunity for more people to come that might not be able to come the first day, or to allow people to come a second day and exent the fun and more time to get pics and stuff (expecially if many people come since there's only so many photos you can take in a single day).

Ok that some people come for one day instead of both, I take it?

Ranma Saotome
09-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Okay, hotel idea sounds good. ^^

Allia
09-25-2003, 08:23 PM
Hi I just wanted to move this back to the main page.

Railiens and I are planning on looking at parks this weekend. We will take pics and post them I guess. We are in the process of looking at hotels. I would like to choose the location first and then look for hotels near it. Is that OK? Thanks. Keep spreading the word. We would like this to be a big turn out.

Peachy Momo
09-25-2003, 08:30 PM
This sounds like fun! Count me in! ^__^ This photo shoot will be taking place during the weekend right? Sorry for not reading the thread. <_<

Allia
09-25-2003, 08:36 PM
Yeah it will be held May 15-16 and its on a weekend. It will be held some where in Rochester, NY. I know that there are at least 25 people comming from NYC and NJ. You might want to check with them because they were thinking of coming up here by bus. We will post possible hotels that people can stay at. Hope you can come!

KaineMaxwell
09-25-2003, 08:37 PM
...And it's my birthday weekend too so I really hope to make it one way or another!!

Allia
09-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Well we will have a cake for ya. What's your favorite Anime/game character? We can get a pic put on a cake for ya. Wegmans will put anything on a cake. They don't care about copy right issues, which really rules.

KaineMaxwell
09-26-2003, 02:01 AM
Awww, you guys rock.

Allia
09-28-2003, 05:20 PM
May 15th and 16th cosplay gathering in Rochester, N.Y.

Railiens (RIT campus)
Railiens' cosplay campus friend (RIT)
Railiens' Anime club group (RIT) (number ?)
Allia (Greece)
Jackal0321 (Irondequoit)
Tsukimi Odango
Akutenshi (NJ)
Emeralda
Ricky (Pittsford)
A.J. (Rochester)
Max P. (Rochester)
Rashid (Rochester)
Max C. (Rochester)
Chay (Rochester)
makonurikoryoko (NJ)
KaineMaxwell (NJ)
cait (Irondequoit)
zach (Irondequoit)
Sakura (Rochester)
momoko (Rochester)
nekoi (Rochester)
Starwind824
Studmaster
Hikura (albany)
Peachy Momo ((NYC)I think)
Vialoi Ketsueke

59 people and possibly more.

Allia
09-28-2003, 05:40 PM
Latest news on the Photoshoot:

Railiens, a friend of mine and myself, and my mom who drove us all over Rochester, went and looked at parks today.

We visited Genesee Valley park and we saw this tree we really liked. We did not get a pic of it though. It was also really close to the UofR. Bathrooms were an issue here. They had pavilions though.

We went to Highland Park it was really nice. We would like to have the event there. There is a castle there that is just amazing. Railiens has pics of it. I think she will post them. We can also go to the Mt. Hope cemetary that is across the street. It has many beautiful monuments and buildings.
-Problems with this location:
1)There may possibly be no pavilion or cover there. They have a skating shelter there, but I think its mostly used in the winter and I don't know if it would be suitable for our use. I don't know how big it is. We might set up a tent if the park will let us. I have E-mailed the park about this.

2)Bathrooms are hard to come by there. They are also locked. I have also E-mailed the park about this.

3)The castle is $25/hour. We would need donations or something of the sort. We might also have to pay for the shelter.

4) There might be no place to cook food for a cook out, but there is a great sub shop right across the street. If people brough money we could have subs.

5) The Lilac Festival is during that weekend, and is there opening weekend. It will run from May 15-23. Do we really want hundreds of other people in the park with us? Is it possible to move the photoshoot to the weekend before the 15th and 16th?

I have contacted the park about of these things and I hope I will have a repley by Monday or Tuesday.

-Good things about this park:
1) Its near everything else. There are lots of hotels near by.

2)Many other activities within a short drive. Lots of places to eat.

3) Has the best photo quality background of all the parks we visited.

4) I hope it will be cheaper then renting a cabin which could be upto $100/day.

5) The castle is really cool and I think it would set us apart from the other photoshoots.

KaineMaxwell
09-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Awww, no b-day cake for me. :(

Allia
09-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Why KaineMaxwell? I said nothing about not having a cake for you.

KaineMaxwell
09-28-2003, 06:21 PM
Woohoo!, and just call me Kaine please. :)

Allia
09-28-2003, 06:41 PM
Well Kaine what anime/game character do ya want on your cake? Also your b-day is the 16th right?

Vialoi Ketsueke
09-28-2003, 06:51 PM
;_____; Why didn't anyone tell me about this thread?

digikoomi
09-28-2003, 06:58 PM
Hey! we actually have one in this Oct. so come to our thread here if you interst in it http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=462361

and I might interest to join you guys if i have time ~

Allia
09-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Yay please do!
Shall I add two more to our list of attendies?

Vialoi Ketsueke
09-28-2003, 07:21 PM
I'd like to go. Hopefully my finals won't be that week. Sure, put me down.

KaineMaxwell
09-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah, my b-day's the 16th. Hopefully by then I'll have a job. and be going! :)
*hugs*

Allia
09-28-2003, 07:59 PM
I hope you can come too Kaine! Thanks for the hug *gives hug in return*

Vialoi Ketsueke I hope you can make it as well. I know how you feel, finals get in the way of everything.

Vialoi Ketsueke
09-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Yes, Finals are indeed irritating. Especially at my school.

KaineMaxwell
09-28-2003, 08:13 PM
*hugs back* I never knew you guys would make a cake for me and whatnot too ^_^ Im me sometime you can.

Railiens
09-28-2003, 09:03 PM
The RIT Anime Club would be more than happy to help us out, however, I don't know exactly what they can do for us until we have more details :) Which will be soon.

Yes, Allia and I scoped out parks, and I think that our best bet is Highland Park/Mt. Hope Cemetary. Wonderful scenery, and great opportunity for costumers to go with a theme.

Here are photos of the castle/courtyard:
http://www.rit.edu/~smk4357/courtyard1.jpg
http://www.rit.edu/~smk4357/courtyard2.jpg
http://www.rit.edu/~smk4357/courtyard3.jpg
http://www.rit.edu/~smk4357/courtyard4.jpg

Mt. Hope is right across the street, and is an incredibly old cemetary. It is, in my opinion, quite beautiful, what with all of the broken headstones, or life size angel headstones etc. as well as monuments like Allia mentioned.

Let us know what you think! If you have been to a picnic-photoshoot before, give us some advice on bathrooms. Anything will help. Thanks!

KaineMaxwell
09-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Railiens, glad you got a hold of the people I suggested. :)

Railiens
09-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Well I'm on the e-board of the RIT Anime Club... almost. I'm an EA, so it all works out :)

KaineMaxwell
09-28-2003, 09:36 PM
Glad I could help out too. :)

KaineMaxwell
09-30-2003, 03:15 PM
hey should this get moved sometime to the new forum?

Allia
09-30-2003, 06:40 PM
What new forum?

KaineMaxwell
09-30-2003, 06:42 PM
The one for gatherings and whatnot. Nm...

Allia
09-30-2003, 06:44 PM
I'll have to look. Haha, I have not really been on the main site in awhile. I have been just entering from the E-mails.

Allia
10-01-2003, 10:09 AM
I have some bad news. The park people E-mailed me back. This is what they said. I don't know about you but I'm pissed!

We do not have any shelters for rent in Highland Park. I don't believe
the
skating shelter would be appropriate. There is not any picnic grills,
tables etc. there. The sunken gardens are rented on Saturdays for
$75.00
per hour. We do not allow any events in Highland during the month of
May
due to preparation and clean up from Lilac Festival.
I would suggest another park.

Please log onto www.monroecounty.gov and click onto parks reservations
in
the upper right corner or call 256-4950 and someone will help you.

They said on the Web site that the castle would only be $25/hour not $75!

Vialoi Ketsueke
10-01-2003, 10:29 AM
Well, I don't know if you should be pissed off at it.

You have to understand that it takes a lot of work to keep a place clean and tidy, especially something like a garden.

( .. I did landscaping for 5 years of my life and it was TERRIBLE.)
Also, depending on what you said in your letter, they might be slightly skeptical about ..well under-aged minors running around in costumes.

But, if you really want to rent the gardens it's not too bad of a price, and it might actually be worth it. Providing you have about 12 people.

Of course there would be a fee to pay to attend the photo shoot..

With 12 people you can rent the gardens for 3 hours at around 18.75 per person. Four hours is 25 dollars a person.
It's really not that bad. I would pay it.

Railiens
10-01-2003, 11:10 AM
The word of the day is: URG.

Considering that many people are already paying for gas, food and a hotel room, I'm not sure if asking the cosplayers to pay is such a good idea. We also will be paying for Maboroshi to fly up and join us.

I guess it is up to the cosplayers. $25 plus around that price as well to help Maboroshi come with us.
(Afterwe get this figured out I will repost in the new forum)

KaineMaxwell
10-01-2003, 12:36 PM
Would we possibly be allowed to picnic at RIT?
I know, stupid idea...

Allia
10-01-2003, 12:52 PM
But we want a nice photogenic background.

Railiens
10-01-2003, 04:25 PM
As far as RIT goes, there are several wonderful places on campus that I can think of to take pictures, and it's highly likely that we could use them for free.

What I will do is propose this dilemma to the RIT Anime Club when the board meets this Friday. They may be able to help us out as far as funding goes, suggest other places, or find a spot at RIT or U of R that would be nice.

KaineMaxwell
10-01-2003, 04:40 PM
Well if you mention to Lukeor whoever from the anime club you know kaine..maybe they can help out too. I gave you the addy for the DT! forums so you're welcome there also.

Allia
10-02-2003, 10:06 AM
Could we move the photoshoot to late June after everyone is done with school and exams? That way we could use Highland park with the castle. Flowers would be out. And we would know for sure it would not be cold.

KaineMaxwell
10-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Mid-June some people are taking exams, well those in high school anyhow. May is usually for us college folk. Besides, mid-May it's usually nice anyway and the threa tof frost and cold is gone.

Allia
10-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Well if we move it to late June people's exams should be over.

KaineMaxwell
10-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Either way is good. We should still do the birthday cake for others birthdays around that time...even though having it around mine would rock.

Railiens
10-10-2003, 12:11 AM
I think that it's about time for some updates. I spoke with Rym, the president of the RIT Anime Club as well as my friend about this shoot. He suggested that we have it at RIT, and mentioned that the rest of the board members would be more than happy to help out. The RIT Anime Club is insanely large, as is the e-board, and they are always enthusiastic and willing to assist in social events have to do with anime.

Tomorrow is the official board meeting. Since I'm on the board, I go, and Rym and I will present this to the rest of the members. We'll see what kind of feedback we can get from them, what we could do, etc. I have a feeling that this could be a very big and extremely fun event with their help.

So far, I am leaning towards just having the event at RIT. It's very easy to locate, there are several hotels nearby, there is always an available restroom or changing area, there is great food, good company, and free of charge as far as I know.

I'll have more news tomorrow after the e-board meeting. Thanks guys :)

Ranma Saotome
10-10-2003, 12:18 AM
Good luck!!! :)

Studmaster
10-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Moving this to the new Gatherings Forum.

KaineMaxwell
10-10-2003, 12:58 PM
Good luck Railens.

PyrotechA
10-11-2003, 04:54 PM
I would love to come as well and it'll be my first shoot. I went to the animenext con, which was my first con, and i loved it. I want more, more, more. I'll probably end up bringing at least 2 others with me. Hopefully I wont have finals or anything. I think I'd probably come dressed as Crono from Chrono Trigger. Can't wait.

Allia
10-13-2003, 11:59 AM
May 15th and 16th ?? cosplay gathering in Rochester, N.Y.

Railiens (RIT campus)
Railiens' cosplay campus friend (RIT)
Railiens' Anime club group (RIT) (number ?)
Allia (Greece)
Jackal0321 (Irondequoit)
Tsukimi Odango
Akutenshi (NJ)
Emeralda
Ricky (Pittsford)
A.J. (Rochester)
Max P. (Rochester)
Rashid (Rochester)
Max C. (Rochester)
Chay (Rochester)
makonurikoryoko (NJ)
KaineMaxwell (NJ)
cait (Irondequoit)
zach (Irondequoit)
Sakura (Rochester)
momoko (Rochester)
nekoi (Rochester)
Starwind824
Studmaster
Hikura (albany)
Peachy Momo ((NYC)I think)
Vialoi Ketsueke
PyrotechA (Long Island, NY)

60 people and possibly more.

KaineMaxwell
10-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Sounds about right.

TheAnarCHris
10-14-2003, 11:58 AM
I heard my name being typed....so what's going on with this event, I.E, How much is this gonna cost me?!?!

Allia
10-14-2003, 01:24 PM
We don't know yet. We will have to help our photographer get up here and we might have to pay for the Castle for the photoshoot. But right now it looks like we will have the event at a local collage.

Railiens
10-15-2003, 12:19 AM
I hate late replies, but having the 'rents up for the weekend means little time for internet fun :s I brought up the cosplay event at the RIT Anime Club meeting and everyone was really enthused about the idea. Rym, the president, mentioned that this will have to be a "level 4 event". I'm not sure what that means, but doesn't that sound important? (laughs) We will have professional lighting and all the works. Since it's quite far off date wise, we didn't discuss much, however, I think that it's safe to assume (given Starwind's reaction) that we should have it here at RIT (aka free).

But are the dates okay? When is Anime Central? Because the RIT Anime Club won't be able to help us at all if our shoot falls on the dates of Anime Central. And is May still okay for everyone? Is it still good that the shoot is near Anime North date-wise?

I'd like to get some of these things sorted out so we could possible start a new official thread and I could start work on the website. So let us know!

KaineMaxwell
10-15-2003, 06:48 AM
Anime Central May 14-16, 2004
:(

If we move it to the week before or after that should be ok, right?

TheAnarCHris
10-15-2003, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I'm a big fan of the whole free thing, seeing how the summer is con season and lord knows this thing is gonna rape my wallet on way or another...

KaineMaxwell
10-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Yeah, being an otaku and a cosplayer does tend to drain the wallet more times then you'd like...

dressdragn
10-24-2003, 06:29 PM
I'd love to go if anyone from the NYC area can give me a ride up...

~Anna

Allia
10-24-2003, 06:49 PM
I'm sure that would not be a big problem dressdragn. There will be over 20 people comming up from NYC.

Railiens
10-24-2003, 07:49 PM
We are going to need to move the dates so that they are still near to Anime North and Anime Central but not on those dates. Suggestions? Give me exact dates, a Saturday and a Sunday. (also consider high school finals so we can avoid them)

I would suggest before those con dates... (mostly because I myself am actually getting out of school in May, so later in the month will be hectic for me)

Allia
10-24-2003, 09:24 PM
Well seeing that I'm in High school my exams are in June and in the first week.

I would be willing to do the event before Anime North. I live here so almost anytime is good for me.

If we do it like a month earlier we might be able to do something with the castle. We could sneek in and out and no one whould have to know we went there. That way we don't need to pay that large amount of money. We will just be very respectful of the area and garden.

KaineMaxwell
10-24-2003, 09:32 PM
If we move it to a month earlier we might have the cold weather to deal with still.

Railiens
10-25-2003, 02:38 AM
In this case, I think that moving it to the weekend before Anime Central would be good. So either May 8-9 or a week earlier, April 30-May 1.

I would still like to go with the castle, but I would also like to involve RIT. Perhaps we could have one day be at the castle/Mt. Hope cemetary and then the next day be at RIT.

The problem with the castle is that it is often reserved for wedding ceremonies and the like. We might drop in on someone's ceremony, but perhaps in that case we could just use the cemetary...?

Maboroshi
10-30-2003, 09:06 AM
Hi!

May 8-9 looks open for me, but April 30-May2 is booked for me.....it's the weekend of Persacon.

"""""We will have professional lighting and all the works.""""" - Railiens

What particular lighting are you referring to?

Thanks,

KaineMaxwell
11-01-2003, 05:23 PM
A cemetrary for a picnic/photoshoot? interesting.

Railiens
11-03-2003, 03:30 AM
Maboroshi, May 8-9 sounds good. As far as lighting goes, I will talk to the anime club board when they meet this Friday. If they can't give me information then, I'll ask them to find out for the next board meeting. If there's anything else you would like to know that I could ask them, just let me know : )

Railiens
11-08-2003, 10:05 PM
It's settled! Rochester photoshoot, May 8-9. Saturday, May 8 will be held at the Rochester Institude of Technology. Sunday, May 9 will be held at Mt. Hope Cemetery, located 5-10 minutes away from RIT.

Saturday, May 8 at RIT
I am getting the idea that this will be a large event. RIT Anime Club is enthused about this, and are looking forward to holding a large event in their name. It will be held in a very nice room, possibly with a large screen and professional lighting (The Anime Club may also be able to get access to cameras as well). There may be prizes, etc. Myself and the President, Rym, will be the "masters of ceremonies".

Sunday May 8 at Mt. Hope Cemetery
Cosplayers will gather at the cemetery to take themed photos (graveyard type pictures... I will try to get photos of the cemetery to post, it's a beautiful and VERY old cemetery). This day will have nothing to do with RIT, and will be much more relaxed and personal.

Still more news to come as I work out the details. As far as the type of lighting goes, I'm not so sure yet, might not know for a while (while I am trying very hard to get information about this now, the club seems a bit more relaxed about it, so I'll see what I can do). I will probably know more when we decide which room we will be able to host the event in.

As soon as I get more information, I will repost this thread with a title (something like RIT/Mt. Hope Photoshoot) and start working on a website.

KaineMaxwell
11-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Wow, great job! Now I'm excitied!

Sorahana
11-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Aww!! This is super cool!! I'll try to be there!! I'll have to make my mom take me to NY for the day or if anyone around me is going I'll go with them!! Whee!!

Railiens
11-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Well we'd love to have you come, CCAmanda! Hope to see you there ; ) Stay tuned for more updates!

Sorahana
11-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Why thanks alot ^____^. I hope to come too ^_^.

PyrotechA
11-09-2003, 10:43 PM
hey, that's just before my birthday (may10) Interesting... Anyway that sounds awsome I'd like to be there as well.

Sorahana
11-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Crap!! I don't think I can go........;_____;. I'm in Girl Scouts and my troop has to site direct a camporee that weekend (I think I have to check the date again) :checks date again: YESH IT'S NOT THAT WEEKEND!! WH00T!! So if anyone in the Philly area is going let me know ^__^.

Sorahana
11-19-2003, 03:05 PM
I just found out where Rochester is and I can't go....its way too far for me ;___;. Sorry......I asked Maboroshi to maybe do one here in PA or something........how he does.......sometime lol XD.

Misa-chan
11-19-2003, 07:57 PM
Maybe, I can get my dad to take me to Rochester (my birthplace ^^) since he likes going there for some reason.....maybe as an excuse to see his friends there. -.-;

Sorahana
11-19-2003, 10:11 PM
Misa, take me too lol XD. I really wanna go to this but its way too far lol XD.

KaineMaxwell
11-19-2003, 10:21 PM
I'm gonna still aim to come up too.

Allia
12-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone! I kinda had to leave the site for a while. Well, I'll sorta be back now. I don't have as much free time as I use to. School is really hard this year. I'm also doing a lot of other stuff too. It looks like not much has changed, it will still be May 8th and 9th, Right? I hope I can complete a Seras costume by then. Is there anything I can do to help in any way? Talk to you all again soon!

Railiens
12-20-2003, 01:24 AM
Allia, that's awesome that you're planning a Seras for the shoot. I hope to see more Hellsing characters as well as the two of us, the cemetery is perfect for it.

May 8 and 9 is still on and getting ready to go. May 8th is at RIT, so the Anime Club is going to help run that, but they are going to be making a pretty big event out of it. So I am left to wonder, what all should this event entail? A contest? Walk on fashion show type thing? How can we organize taking photos? Just how random do we want this (meaning should we have a schedule of events for this day or just go about it on the spot?) ? Let me know your ideas so I can talk to the Anime Club about this. I'll see what they have in mind as well.

May 9th we are on our own. Cosplayers can stick around and meet up at the Mt. Hope cemetery, where we will all just kind of hang out and take pictures I take it. I haven't been to one of these photoshoots myself, so help me out :) What happens at one of these shoots? Do people just hang around and take pictures?

Allia
12-20-2003, 03:04 PM
I think it would be nice to have some sort of lose schedule for people to follow. At least put start and end times. Also put when people could have lunch or what ever meal times the day would include. I think some sort of costume contest would be great! Could the Anime Club maybe run some anime movies of different series and what not througout the time. Kinda like a mini con type thing. Just a suggestion. This is going to be really a lot of fun. I have not been to a photoshoot thing before either. Sorry I can't help you there. Do I (or anyone) need to bring some kind of food or supplies to this event? Or does the Anime Club have it covered?

KaineMaxwell
12-20-2003, 06:22 PM
Weekend of May 8-9th sounds good to me!

Sorahana
12-20-2003, 08:17 PM
I really wanted to go to this but Rochester is way too far from here :cries: Oh well. I hope you all have fun!!!!! :glomps all:

Allia
12-20-2003, 10:29 PM
I'm sorry about that CCAmanda. Maybe we will see you some time at a convention or something. Glomps you back. (Glomps your Inu pics too!) See you around the site!

misakichi_ryou
12-23-2003, 05:56 PM
hi ya ya ...im from rochester NY i would gladly join your cosplay ^_^

Allia
12-23-2003, 06:48 PM
Great misakichi_ryou! Where in Rochester are you? I'm in Greece. It's great to have another Rochester cosplayer! Yay. I'll have to add you to the list. I see you are new to this site too. Welcome to cosplay.com! What's your fav anime? How long have you been cosplaying? Hope to see you around!

KaineMaxwell
01-19-2004, 09:59 AM
This still going on?

Railiens
01-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Definitely, I just haven't had the chance to plan things out with the Anime Club. I'll start e-mailing them about it though this week.

dressdragn
01-19-2004, 10:49 AM
If you want photos faster you could always comewith me to FIT this friday, I'm doing a shoot with Ramon, he's always happy to have new cosplayers. The photos are super professional and it's lots of fun. If your intrested just give me an email purpledragn22@hotmail.com

~Anna

KaineMaxwell
01-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Railens, defintly speak to the guys (I tihnk Luke and Scott is it?) from the Dub This! webcomic as well.

Railiens
01-19-2004, 05:59 PM
dressdragn - Thank you for the offer, but isn't FIT in New York City? I'd love to come with you but between all of these midterms and my lack of costumes at college, I guess I'll have to pass : (

I'll probably just talk to Rym, the president of the Anime Club, and I'm sure that they'll hear about it (sometimes Luke is at the Anime Club council meetings).

Railiens
02-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Okay! At last, I've talked to Rym and he is making reservations for us to hold our little event in the Fireside Lounge at the Rochester Institute of Technology. The Fireside Lounge is a spacious, warm, comfortable room with a fireplace, grande piano, and insanely huge window wall that overlooks the olypimc sized pool. We are asking the Student Government for professional lighting as well. The event will also feature perhaps a costume contest, music, prizes!, a chance to perform skits, anime music video showings, and anything else you guys would like! We could probably have some DDR and Para Para as well. So that's Saturday, May 8!

The next day, we'll all meet up in Mount Hope Cemetery, which the RIT Anime Club will not be a part of. We'll gather for our own private photos and then we could all go out to lunch or dinner! That's Sunday, May 9.

I'm going to e-mail Rym now and see if I can get more details.
Please send me your requests! We are a very large anime group, and we have access to tons of great things! So let me know!

I am also going to see what kind of lodging I can get. There's an RIT Inn and I'm wondering if I could get you guys a discount? A few people are free to stay at my apartment as well, we have a couch bed and plenty of spaces for sleeping bags. If anyone else in the Rochester area is willing to help with places to stay, speak up =) We want to give you guys the chance to enjoy yourselves up here without having to worry about lodging too much.

So let me know what you think! =D

Ranma Saotome
02-10-2004, 03:29 AM
Well NYO! Cosplay will be able to help to the best of our abilities. ^_^

Railiens
02-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks Ranma, we may need lots of help! More details will be posted later this week hopefully. I've got some people looking into getting a discount at a local hotel.

Also, I'd love for Maboroshi to join us for this event. We're all going to have to pitch in to help him come join us! I'll have to contact him again about that =)

Ranma Saotome
02-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Next week, I shall post on my ml about it.

KaineMaxwell
03-12-2004, 07:33 AM
So it's May 8-9 now, got it!

Railiens
03-12-2004, 12:00 PM
I'm going to take pictures of the Fireside Lounge today, and later I'll post a new thread on the event, get people back into it so I can finalize everything!

Leon_Redfield
03-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Ooo, that would be fun.....how far is Rochester from Mastic, LI? Because there are only a handful of Cosplayers here <_>

Allia
04-03-2004, 02:46 PM
*tip toes in* He he *sweat drop* Hey everyone! I have not been on cosplay.com for a while. ^_^; Hey Railiens did you make another thread, 'cause this one seems a little dead lol. Well its getting close. I still have to make my costume for the shoot. Oh, boy am I in for it.

Also Railiens I had an art student teacher at my school. Her name was Miss Gordan. (don't know how to spell it) She was really nice. I was wondering if you knew her. She has a little past sholder length blond hair. She also has some weird ear piercings.

Railiens
04-23-2004, 09:51 PM
OK guys! I'm posting anohter thread! The event is two weeks away and all the info is coming your way! Get on over there! It's called "RIT Cosplay! Rochester, NY May 8-9"

rumble
05-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Its a shame enthusiastic people like you don't exist down here.. I might actually have !fun! once in a while with cosplaying =/

Momoko
05-05-2004, 05:55 PM
I'm going to try my hardest to be there one of those days =3

selin
06-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Hello Railiens.

I want to ask some questions about Rochester Institude of Techology. I am from Turkey and I will have a master education in engineering management department next year.
Can you tell me about school.
If you cam simply compare with other schools in New York I will be happy. For example it is a good school about this topics..
My mail: fatik81@yahoo.com

selin
06-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Hello Railiens.
I want to ask some questions about Rochester Institude of Technology. I will have a master education bout Engineering Management in RIT next year.
But I have no idea about school. Can you tell me your own idea about school. If you compare with other schools in New York I will be happy. For example you can say it is one of the good schools in New York or worst.
Thank you..

My Mail: fatik81@yahoo.com