PDA

View Full Version : Stupid...wig *mumble*

Garnet
08-31-2003, 07:56 AM
I bought a pretty dark blue wig from some wig maker on ebay.
Its for a Mana cosplay. (kyomu version)
I started to plait the hair and noticed underneath the top layer of hair there are small strands.

When I put the wig on, the small strands will stick out and you'll be able to see my real hair underneath?
How can I solve this problem?
Pin it back?
Glue it back?
Help ;_;

Gren
08-31-2003, 08:19 AM
So... there's basically the top layers have long hair and all the layers below have really short stuff? I'm trying to clarify. It's early and I'm easily confused. ^_^;;

Garnet
08-31-2003, 08:39 AM
yes! Exactly that XD
and I mean REALLY short...about....2 inches..maybe 3 long...;_;

Gren
08-31-2003, 09:30 AM
Yu-uck. The wig maker guy cut corners in crafting the wig >_o
I'm not familiar with any of Mana's hair styles (Other than "Guuuh.... Blue... with poofy spikes... and stuff") so, does the wig have to be restyled in some odd way? If s/he did in fact make the wig, you could ask them where their hair is supplied from and look into attaching more on the back yourself. If it doesn't need bunches of styling, it should be alright to wear. the small hairs are meant to mask the back of your head without the bulk (or cost) of full blown long hair.

liz-maru
08-31-2003, 12:13 PM
is there any way to put little clips in it to keep the small parts down or are they just all over the place? doh ><

Garnet
08-31-2003, 01:40 PM
well...from what I can make of it -

at the top and going all around the wig to the otherside are long bits of hair.
Then theres a lil gap where the black cap bit is.
Then theres another load of hair going all the way around the wig to the other side underneath the long hair....but this time the hair is much shorter.
And theres about 3 layers and the 3rd is really short...

I'm wondering if clipping it back is the answer...;_;

megumibish
08-31-2003, 08:17 PM
oi that sounds lieka botched job...i'm agreeing with Gren that the guy really cut corners... I would say either put more hair into the wig to cover the bad spots and then when you are ready to wear it have someone else take a comb and hairspray and make it neat in the back.. If you have the time and money I really suggest taking out the short lengths of hair and replacing it with loose extensions...

Garnet
08-31-2003, 08:33 PM
thanks guys...;_;
I cant believe it!! I thought ohh...a nice wig thats a nice price on ebay! I'll get that.....and it turns out I now know why it was cheap >.<!
I really will have to try and sort it...maybe I'll get my mate to do it...shes a hair dresser XD

thankies again! xx