PDA

View Full Version : AM 2004: Looking Ahead

AM Chair
08-31-2003, 11:14 AM
Minasan,
As our staff approaches the "crunch month" of September in preparation for what appears to be another fantastic edition of Ani-Magic, I am now setting our sights for 2004.

2004 will mark our fifth year as the Autumn Dream, and such an occasion should be noted with a super excellent "collector's edition" of Ani-Magic. For starters, we are going to have a super guest line up. As I complete the guest list for this year, I'm working hard for next year's show. The confirmed VA guests that I have right now are:
Monica Rial
Allison Keith
Debbie Rabbai
Having established contact with AVD Films, I am working with them to secure:
Hillary Haag
Kira Vincent
and other VAs whose voices will be on their Steel Angel Kurumi release
Making a celebration return: Tiffany Grant, Wendee Lee

We will also strive to achieve another J-guest goal:we hope to have Ms Maya Okamoto, singer/VA and well known for the Sakura Taisen stage shows in Japan, and perhaps secure a visit with the actress from Zeiram, Ms Yuko Moriyama, we have pursued this year.

We will also work on the manga side of the program as well:
Kia Asamiya or other Manga-ka ( wouldn't it be a hoot to get Reiji Matsumoto?)
This, plus the growth we are experiencing along with other activities, ( thanks to you all, by the way) will make for a memorable edition of our convention.

Why mention this now? Because conventions don't just happen. They are nurtured in partnership between the people that creat Ani-Magic and the people who attend it. Just like public television, we are the epitomy of being "member supported". Without your financial support in terms of attendance, we can't do what we do best, and we above all other conventions are humbled and gratefull for your generosity. We have big dreams for next year, and we hope you will help us make these dreams reality, by pre-reging with us for 2004 on sunday of this con. Believe me when I say we won't disappoint you.

Revell

I 'd love to add " J-rock concert " to the dream sheet, but that is really up to you guys :P We need your support.

Moon Prince
09-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Wow... Has it really been four years? I can't wait for this year... ^_^ I remember the first year.

I will pre-reg at the show for next year in support!

Mandy Mitchell
09-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Way to go, Revell!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-02-2003, 04:08 PM
Dang Revell, you sure know how to keep us coming to your con. Nice Guests though. I would like to see Allison Keith since i missed her last year at Fanime :p. So yeah, that would rock. You sure I will plunck down my early pre-reg for next year :D

Skeptrix
09-04-2003, 01:47 AM
that sure looks like a good outlook for AM 2004. thanks for the heads up, Revell

madmikechoi
09-04-2003, 02:10 AM
2004 will mark our fifth year as the Autumn Dream, and such an occasion should be noted with a super excellent "collector's edition" of Ani-Magic.

Hmmm.

I think this Ani-Magic thing might catching on. Don't quote me. I wouldn't want the chain of command at AM getting bigger hats :D

These days there's just about a con everywhere in the US just about every month thus fanboys have the option of picking and choosing.
There is much to be said about voting with one's checkbook thus poorly run cons will sooner or later feel the financial pinch. And it's pretty groovy to cons during traditional non con months.

Mad Mike

AM Chair
09-04-2003, 02:37 AM
Hmmm.

I think this Ani-Magic thing might catching on. Don't quote me. I wouldn't want the chain of command at AM getting bigger hats :D

Are you looking to move this con to Santa Clarita/Valencia? I know too early to tell. Even before the final tally comes in for this year's AM it's something of a no brainer; Antelope Valley doesn't have facilties to support a con that has 1500 people or more. Drop in the bucket compared to larger cons that shall remain somewhat nameless fore the time being.

These days there's just about a con everywhere in the US just about every month thus fanboys have the option of picking and choosing.
There is much to be said about voting with one's checkbook thus poorly run cons will sooner or later feel the financial pinch. And it's pretty groovy to cons during traditional non con months.

Mad Mike

Mike,
Please edit this. We can't discuss future venue plans openly at this time.
Revell

BlueLady
09-04-2003, 03:10 AM
well we've chattered breifly and you know you have my support!