PDA

View Full Version : where is Rye Brook?

Zetchi
08-31-2003, 01:45 PM
i got the advertistment for Animenext at BAAF
i was lookin at the city and i have NO idea where it is...
and i wanna go to animenext...
so does anyone know where Rye Brook is and what well known city it's next to?

krystal1314
08-31-2003, 02:10 PM
Rye is in the middle of nowhere >_< I'm not kidding, LoL... Well, it's in upstaye NY and by Connecticut, cause when we went looking for food during Shoujocon, we saw the sign and went "Oh crap... we got REALLY lost" XD

Tenjou
08-31-2003, 03:23 PM
It really is in the middle of nowhere. Be careful looking on the street to turn on when you first get to Rye; the street isn't marked with a sign.

LOL, it took my family and I a few tries to find a good (inexpensive XD) place to eat for the weekend, and I suggest a little deli near the A&P a few minutes away from the hotel.

marsie
08-31-2003, 06:56 PM
Yes let me explain something about the Rye Brook Hilton....
Do you know who MC Escher is? Well if you do you'll understand that this hotel had to be one of his designs....

Somehow, almost magically, you go from the 4th floor to the 7th without even climbing stairs...it's like you turn a corner and BAM 7th floor.

We never figured it out. But we think it has something to do with portals.

Emeralda
08-31-2003, 07:06 PM
Yes let me explain something about the Rye Brook Hilton....
Do you know who MC Escher is? Well if you do you'll understand that this hotel had to be one of his designs....

Somehow, almost magically, you go from the 4th floor to the 7th without even climbing stairs...it's like you turn a corner and BAM 7th floor.

We never figured it out. But we think it has something to do with portals.

LOL marsie.. that's EXACTLY what I thought of the first time I saw the layout of the hotel almost a year ago. "who the hell designed this place, Escher?"

There are plenty of food places about 5 minutes driving from the hotel, and there WILL be a map (albeit a crude one) in the program guides. Err.. as long as I scan in the one I sketched up.

xCastleOutsider: If you tell us what town you're near, maybe we can all help you with directions to it.

Zetchi
08-31-2003, 08:03 PM
LOL you guys
i just hope i can go considering it's so far...

RainAlvaran
08-31-2003, 08:10 PM
Is it near Long Island?????????????????

eugenecheng
08-31-2003, 10:35 PM
Is it near Long Island?????????????????

I live in Nassau County near the Nassau/Suffolk border. When I
drive to Rye, it takes me about 1 hour without traffic on a Sunday
morning. Just hop on the LIE to the Cross Island Expressway to
the Throgs Neck Bridge. Stay on 95 North until you hit 287 West
and you're there.

Zetchi
09-01-2003, 09:58 AM
does anyone know about an estimate time it would take me to get there from NJ

marsie
09-01-2003, 10:07 AM
Just make sure you actually look for the driveway. They hide it well....Mah
Check out Mapquest. You can give the addy of the hotel and then your addy and it gives you an estimate. I know it takes around 2 hours from Philly

And about 12 from ohio...^^;;;;

SailorMo
09-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Rye Brook is in Westchester County, somewhat near the city of White Plains...

If you go over the Tappan Zee Bridge, it takes about 15 minutes from the bridge to get there. One of our staffers lives in central NJ and swears it's quicker for her to take the George Washington Bridge route.

And yes, the driveway to the Hilton is a little hidden, but it's at a traffic light, and there's a very large unmarked white building with a moat (yes, a moat) across the street, to help landmark it. ^_^

There's local directions on our website, in the location section. They're very easy to follow. My suggestion is to use MapBLAST (even tho it's been sucked up by Microsoft) to get full directions and compare them to our directions. (MapQuest sucks. It's left me hanging soooo many times.) Neither one is perfect tho-- their engines may have strange calculations as to what's "best" or "easiest".... :rolleyes:

hope that helps....

Zetchi
09-01-2003, 01:06 PM
ahh thanks =)
i really wish i can go
im goign to have to bug my dad lol

Archelon
09-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Hey, I live in Alexander, NY. It's in Genesee (sp?) County. Western, kinda upstate, I guess. Does anyone have a rough estimate as to how long it would take to get to Rye Brook from here?

Emeralda
09-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Hey, I live in Alexander, NY. It's in Genesee (sp?) County. Western, kinda upstate, I guess. Does anyone have a rough estimate as to how long it would take to get to Rye Brook from here?

Mapblast says aprox. 6 hours. Which makes sense.. since its 4 and a half almost 5 from where I live to Rochester.. and Buffalo/Alexander area is about another hour above that.. and it takes about an hour to get from here to the hotel. Does that make any sense? Sorry, I've had about 4 hours of sleep over the past 48 hours.

Just check Mapblast and Mapquest for approximate times and for better directions than my sleep deprived body can give.

Archelon
09-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Thanks. It's much appreciated.

hikura
09-04-2003, 07:49 PM
It is not to hard to get to.This is for the people who are coming from upstate NY.You take I-87 southbound going to nyc.Take it all the way to exit 8.You will go over tappan zee bridge before you get to exit 8.The bridge toll is 3 dollars.Once over the bridge you take exit 8.It is the worchester crosstown expressway.Something like that name.You follow that to exit 10.which is for i believe the 120a road.At the end of the exit you make a left.Go straight to the fourht light.Make a left and your at the hotel.Hope it helps.How do i know this.I went to shoujocon and it was held at the same hotel.The hotel is confusing lol.

Emeralda
09-04-2003, 08:05 PM
It is not to hard to get to.This is for the people who are coming from upstate NY.You take I-87 southbound going to nyc.Take it all the way to exit 8.You will go over tappan zee bridge before you get to exit 8.The bridge toll is 3 dollars.Once over the bridge you take exit 8.It is the worchester crosstown expressway.Something like that name.You follow that to exit 10.which is for i believe the 120a road.At the end of the exit you make a left.Go straight to the fourht light.Make a left and your at the hotel.Hope it helps.How do i know this.I went to shoujocon and it was held at the same hotel.The hotel is confusing lol.

Cross Westchester Expressway I think.

Just for everyone coming that way, please keep in mind there is HELLA construction in that area. So drive carefully, watch your signs, since they're those temp. construction ones.. and look out for the metal plates in the road.

Rinoa1022
09-06-2003, 12:31 PM
itz really not that hard to get to if your coming from the city. once you get that far itz like a 45 min drive mabe. i live in westchester so im very happy now lol :)

RainAlvaran
09-06-2003, 02:34 PM
Well, I'm back on my original route. Taking a Greyhound from Easton to Grand central. Taking the train to Rye, and then taking the Shuttle to the hotel *sighs*

missanime5000
10-01-2003, 11:59 AM
How do I get there by train? From NY?

echocharlie
10-01-2003, 12:06 PM
How do I get there by train? From NY?

Directions are on the website:
http://www.animenext.org/location

Take the Metro North "New Haven line" departing from Grand Central Station to the Rye station or the Port Chester station. The train ride is only 45 minutes and a one-way ticket is $8.50 or $6.25 during off-peak times. Schedules are available at the MTA website. A taxi service or hotel shuttle can take you the rest of the way. Or hop on the Bee-line bus near the Port Chester Station (operating Monday-Saturday, $1.75 each way).

It is also possible to walk from the Port Chester Station. Just start walking West away from Port Chester along Westchester Ave. The Costco in town should be behind you. The entrance for the hotel will be roughly 1 mile away on the right side of road.

TheAnarCHris
10-01-2003, 01:48 PM
Your better off talking car service from the train Miss A., it's cheap and mad quick ^_^

missanime5000
10-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Your better off talking car service from the train Miss A., it's cheap and mad quick ^_^
====================================
Thank you both. MEoW *bows*
I think I'll take that car service Cloud akaChris

number18
10-01-2003, 04:01 PM
Am I the only person that's gonna be heading out from Boston?