PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VIII cosplay!

Sakura
10-10-2002, 09:44 PM
Hello! For Anime North 2003 my friends and I are doing a Final Fantasy VIII group. So far we have a Squall, Seifer, Rinoa, Selphie, Zell, Irvine, and Quistis. We'd love if anyone else would want to join our group since we're all friendly people and love meeting new people ^_^ Plus wouldn't it be fun to have a MASSIVE FFVIII group? We could use a Cid, Xu, Laguna, Kiros, Ward, Edea, Ultimicia, Ellone, Julia, any GF, etc! I'd want to be Ultimicia but I lack the skills to make her awesome outfit *_* Reply and let me know if you wanna hang out with us ^^ oh yeah, it's okay if you're being any character, we don't mind doubles or anything!

Chosuke
10-16-2002, 07:18 AM
Oh boy...

Well,we have quite a few FFVIII costumes done but I don't know if we will be able to bring them with us ~_~;

Hopefully I can bring at least one,maybe our Squall ,our at least our Zell.

Kamui Motoaki
10-16-2002, 09:59 AM
when and wheres anime North? ^_^

Nietsche
10-16-2002, 10:09 AM
It's kind of in Canada somewhere isn't it?

Chosuke
10-16-2002, 10:10 AM
It's in may I think.. and it's in Ontario,Canada..

That's about all I know ^^;; which hotel it will be held at for 03 has not been released I don't think.

<note> GTA region of Ontario,Canada. About 10-15 minutes from my house usully! xD

Sakura
10-16-2002, 02:48 PM
It's may 16-18th in Toronto at the Regal Constellation Hotel ^_^

Scoti
10-16-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Sakura
It's may 16-18th in Toronto at the Regal Constellation Hotel ^_^

ewww...they changed the date!:eek: I normally use the long weekend the finish my costumes....

Sakura
10-16-2002, 07:21 PM
Yeah I'm really mad about that date change, too. In order to get there in time I now have to take a day off from school since I live in NY... atleast the year after that it'll be back to memorial day weekend.

Chosuke
10-16-2002, 07:30 PM
That really sucks..o.o

why did they change it?

Sakura
10-20-2002, 10:00 AM
I have nooo idea... maybe the hotel was already booked those days or something. Aren't one of the new days Victoria Day or something? *not sure, has no idea about other country's holidays* T_T; Atleast for 2004 It'll be back to memorial day weekend.

Irvy
10-21-2002, 10:37 AM
I'd love to do a FF8 group with you guys. But alas, you already have the two charries I would consider cosplaying :/( Irvine and Selphie. I'm prolly gonna be going to AnimeNorth in my Irvine costume)
hmm but maybe I can use the SeeD uniform I am planning on wearing and go as Xu ^^ My friends and me are doing a massive FF8 cosplay group for Otakon and are making SeeD uniforms as well. I could prolly get a wig and pass for her ^_^ or Laguna *yay for feminine looking chars*

Sakura
10-21-2002, 03:50 PM
Wear Irvine if ya want ^_^ Really all we want to do is take a mass picture of all the Final Fantasy VIII cosplayers. It would be neat if we could find EVERY cool character in the game for the pictures but if not oh well. At Otakon there were about 4 of every character anyways and it was so awesome! I wasn't wearing my costume at the time so I had to be left out =( But that's why we want to try and get a big picture this time. So what I'm trying to say is be who you want because it's just more enjoyable that way =D

plovor
10-21-2002, 06:42 PM
delete

Irvy
10-21-2002, 11:31 PM
Sugoi! then I am gonna try and make it up there ^_^ Doing lots of posses for pictures is a lot of fun. ( As long as you get to do some things. I got stuck in a tons of photo shoots in a dealers room, which made it hard to do shopping!)

Sakura
10-22-2002, 03:07 PM
I agree with you on that one, long photoshoots are never fun. Hopefully we can be semi-organized and get it over with because I know I'll be wanted to spend my time in the dealers room!

plovor
10-22-2002, 03:45 PM
delete

Sakura
10-22-2002, 08:26 PM
Oh okies ^_^ Hello Leon cosplayer! It would be cool to get you in on it since your character is derived from FFVIII, so if you'd like to join in feel free. I really hope we can find other KH cosplayers too because that game rocks. Hey... idea! Let's just copy what everyone did at Otakon and get together all FF cosplayers by word of mouth at the con for one big picture shoot! I love all of the FF characters.

plovor
10-22-2002, 11:54 PM
delete

Sakura
10-23-2002, 05:54 AM
There weren't too many last year... hm. But I guess every year is different ^_^ I'm not sure what my group is doing with the skit since I'm not making it up or anything. I have absolutely NO sense of humor unless it's about something hentai. So my amusing male friends will be working on it and I'm not allowed near them when they're planning because I'll end up making it all perverted. But I think the more the better because I want pictures of them all! *_*

plovor
10-23-2002, 09:52 AM
delete

heki-chan
10-27-2002, 12:24 AM
YAY! FF group meeting^_^ we hav tons of FF stuff, but really just FF8 and FFX ^_^

hmmm...yeah i was thinking of making Kairi^_^ and my friend wanted to be Goofy LOL!!!! and we already have a Moogle....and he's in almost all the games^_^ eheheh^_^

Also gonna tone-down the umm...."skin-showiness" of the new ffx-2 costumes...gonna wear FFX one hour and FFX-2 the next hehehe^_^ Fun times!^^

My sister promised to make me a Selphie dress to go with both her Rinoa versions....so i mite have that if she keeps her promise!^_^

~heki

Sakura
10-27-2002, 09:31 PM
Ohhh that's great that so many of us *wonderful* Final Fantasy fans will be there. A group picture is definately a MUST! xD I CAN'T WAIT! >_>; ::easily excited:: I hope mine can measure up to everyone elses, since I'm being Squall and I've never crossplayed before.

plovor
10-28-2002, 06:26 PM
Well the combined FF and KH cosplayers should make for some good photos! (is going as Leon)

Chosuke
10-29-2002, 03:44 PM
HEKIIIIIIIIIII!!! -pull pull glomp glomp-

OMG! you could SO do Kairi!
And the BCP is just starting it's KH costumes!.. we have no Kairi! XD I feel teh big picceh oportunity here for FFVIII and KH!!!

Plovor!!! -glomp pull pull-
We sorta got a Leon but he is gorgeous enough that there ahs to be two to go around anyways xD

plovor
10-29-2002, 05:56 PM
OOT:I just got GTA:Vice City yesterday and it is a materpiece and irresopnsibly violent :)

plovor
10-29-2002, 05:57 PM
oh and I'm like half way through KH in the whale level and i will finish and vice city

heki-chan
10-29-2002, 06:49 PM
well if i do Kairi...i wont hav red hair^^; but i dunno if ill hav time to make it yet^_^ (hooray for march break! hehehe)
but sure! we can definitely get a KH group going!^_^ funfun!^^

~heki

plovor
10-29-2002, 08:32 PM
sounds kool!

Chosuke
10-30-2002, 06:48 AM
Yay! -dances around- Winnie,you'l make the best Kairi evah xD
Just make sure you have a stick to beat of the fan boys.. all 6 of them ._.;

Kia
10-30-2002, 01:46 PM
If anyone one needs an extra in the background, I'm real good at that! :D
Anyone, anywhere, anytime!

Kia

heki-chan
10-30-2002, 02:46 PM
*curious*
does Kairi have like....a weapon? or something?^_^ (hadnt played KH....well only for lik 20 mins so i dunt count it^_^)
THANX!^_^

~heki

Chosuke
10-30-2002, 03:57 PM
I don't believe she does o.o;
But il check around for you!

plovor
11-01-2002, 01:56 PM
no she's just a damsel in distress.

plovor
11-01-2002, 01:57 PM
delete