PDA

View Full Version : Kuroshitsuji-Grell/Jacket

Indigo'
02-07-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm having trouble finding a pattern for a jacket similar to Grell's. I've googled, asked, and binged it but I can't find anything. I don't know if I'm looking hard enough or if I just don't see it. Could you please help me?

liivingdeadgirl
02-08-2010, 09:14 AM
I used http://images.patternreview.com/sewing/patterns/simplicity/2581/2581.jpg

I had to alter it though. I completely made the collar pattern myself and didn't use theirs, had to tape together the front side and front piece before cutting it, and obviously shortened the hem on the coat and the front of the coat so it was open and didn't button closed.

JiseiHakushaku
02-09-2010, 03:56 PM
There's some jackets at Butterrick that might be alterable for it, unfortunately, I has no links at the moment. (Parental controls at my dad's block the site as 'salespam'.)

My Grell coat was a lucky shot, found at a Goodwill and then altered with trim and ribbon. You might be able to find something workable at a ladie's GAP, Loft, Goodwill, etc.

Tainted23
02-13-2010, 05:26 AM
I got the same simplicity pattern, just waiting on the fabric... the red they had at joanns just didn't seem right >.<

Zhelly
02-13-2010, 01:09 PM
http://www.simplicity.com/p-1539-costumes.aspx

I used the men's one for my friend's Grell coat. :) Worked very well, although I did a few alterations to make it more tight-fitting (put a seam down the back, brought in the sides, etc.)

Funderful
02-13-2010, 01:43 PM
It's Madame Red's (a woman's) coat though, isn't it? Though I suppose the men's version is much closer.

Same problem. Don't know if I should try and sew mine from a pattern or alter another coat though, I'm sort of new to sewing. You guys think I should risk it? I have until the end of May to get it right. Not sure how successful I'd be at altering the pattern, though...

Tainted23
02-13-2010, 02:07 PM
well the pattern i'm using has a male and female version, i'm working on the female version with minor alterations (such as removing some of the decorative trim)