PDA

View Full Version : Ordon Link - help

patrickbooya
02-09-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm wondering if anyone can point me to some nice tutorials that would help out with Ordon Link. I'm pretty much a total noob, (closet/fabric paint and having one commisioned is all of my cosplay expierence) I've been into cosplay since 2007, I feel under-achieved

I have the motivation for better cosplay. I just have no idea where to start. I wouldn't mind a push in the right direction.

sorry for the total noob-post. lol

CDF_Vagabond
02-10-2010, 11:53 AM
ref pics?

patrickbooya
02-16-2010, 11:13 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/28ixb0g.jpg

randomstuff
03-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Here's a bigger version of your ref, so you can see the details a lot more: http://www.kasuto.net/twilight_princess/official_art/tp_art_link03.jpg

For Ordon Link I think you have to approach it looking at all the different components of the costume, seeing as his clothes have so many layers. Things like the tank top and sandals could probably be bought and altered rather than made if you're apprehensive seeing as they have a fairly basic shape that would be quite common. As for tutorials, I can't really see any but if there is something you get stuck on you could always ask someone who has cosplayed Ordon Link already?

Sorry I can't be of more help, all I've really done is given the bigger ref! I wish you luck with your Ordon Link! :)

Liquidfire3
03-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Have you posted in the Legend of Zelda thread? :) There is atleast a handful of people there who have made Ordon Link cosplays, and I am sure they'd be willing to help you out.

patrickbooya
03-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Yeah I posted on there. But I thought there was too much asking for help in my post. :)
So I just made a thread for it.

puddle_jumper
03-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I've sewn two Ordon Link cosplays before. If I can help you any please feel free to pm me!

Meanlilkitty
03-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Also, my friend Tearatone did Orden Link so you can go ask him some questions if you will, and both of us put up a crapload of pictures, so you can see it from basically every angle.
You basically have pants that tie after the knee, a random butt-cover that ties at the waist, a quilted loincloth with a leaf on the front, a shirt, a quarter sleeve arm cover, a obi, and a sash.
I did Ilia and Link's shoes, for that I found a pair of sandals at walmart and simply cut off the extra straps, then glued rabbit hair trim under the toe strap to get that fuzzy thing he has going on there.
The detailing on the shirt I used bias tape to make the trim, then the spiral detailing I hand stitched with some thick yarn-like thread that I doubled up and looped little circles.
The loin cloth and sash was painted with fabric paint which can be found in any Joannes or Michaels. To make the little circles, I made a little template out of a piece of cardboard and then painted out the styrations. For the borders on the sash, I taped out the peramiters and painted that. Overall, it all takes several coats to get a solid color. Tearatone and I have had these costumes for a year now and the paint hasn't cracked or flaked, so it all does a pretty good job staying there.

Um, anything else, I'll have to type later because I have to switch computers. If you'd like to see my gallery for Orden http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/137336/ and my friend is Tearatone who is featured in that gallery, so feel free to take a look and ask us questions. Good luck with your cosplay!