PDA

View Full Version : the con's over and now I'm... sick?

Zephyrs
09-01-2003, 04:37 PM
on sunday I was rather tired the whole day - from lack of sleep I assumed. good thing me and my friend just chilled in video rooms and other things. heading home and I start having shortness of breath, which I figure was some sort of allergic reaction to something. lie down and chill out most of the night, then go to bed which didn't work real well because I was dry coughing all night and couldn't breath right either. wake up today, have the chills, headache, drowsiness and all that other fun stuff in addition to the nonsense of yesterday that comes with unknown random sickness.

the logical conculsion is, of course, I caught it at BAAF since no one else in my family has it. if that is the case, then it's very possible other people on the site got sick as well. this a normal thing, getting sick right after or at the tail end of cons? anyone else not feeling too hot upon returning home? or did my body decide to be weird and knock me out of commission for a few days right after the con?

Rinkun
09-01-2003, 06:26 PM
holy cow, you too? i've been sick as a horse since yesterday. dry heaves and everything ;_;

a lot of cons can have a sickness epidemic...most likely if someone goes to the con sick and spreads their germs everywhere >_<

Zetchi
09-01-2003, 07:47 PM
im not sick...
i hope you guys feel better =)

Sciguy
09-01-2003, 08:57 PM
the same thing happened to me at Otakon. I was Sick as a dog Saurday monring so I did the only thing I could think of. I threw up, didn't tell anyone about it, and went back to the con center after taking some cold and sinus medication. XD

I later found out that it was exhaustion sickness, so don't worry, I didn't add to the epidemic!

KaineMaxwell
09-01-2003, 09:00 PM
I was pretty dead tired after Saturday, been recovering most the weekend between computer issues...and I do feel kinda sickish with a sore throat...

neoangelwink
09-01-2003, 09:15 PM
aww hug , i hope u feel better.

at my friest con it was back last year (that was kat8) i got really sick when i got home. it do lack of sleep ,foood, some time not bathing and being round othe people. then when get old way your boday goes u suck and feel really sucky. right now i feel really tired. early to starwind was been cougting. most i get con depression afther con more then sick. but goes way 2days.