PDA

View Full Version : Motor City Comic Con 2010

Harleykins
02-11-2010, 12:31 AM
There isn't a convention thread for this con, so I figured I'd post one here!

Anyone planning on going? If so, what are you cosplaying?

SpectreNPI
02-16-2010, 01:43 AM
I'll certainly be there...we'll have a group of 4-8.

Do you normally go as Harley?
We've have a batman group too. Most notable are two of my friends...my buddy that goes as The Riddler, and another friend that goes as a female Joker. They always get a lot of attention.
When I take part in the Gotham group, I do Batman. I was volunteered as batman about two years ago, but I'm trying to get out of that role...I can't take wearing that non-breathable latex cowl anymore, lol.

I hadn't even heard a peep about Motorcity yet. Thanks for posting!
We're actually prepping to hit Toronto Wizard World next month...should be fun.
_mike

Harleykins
02-16-2010, 02:22 PM
That's awesome! We will have an good sized Batman group too -- right now we have a Harley (me!), Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter, Joker, and Nightwing. The five of us all go really classic, Batman: the Animated Series with our costumes. We might drag along a Detective Bullock too, and a couple of Joker henchmen.

I've talked to some other people I've met at past cons -- it sounds as if a LOT of people are bringing Batman related groups this year! One I heard has a Joker, Harley, and Riddler, another has a Catwoman, Two Face, Joker, and Robin, another has just a Joker and Harley. We'll have a lot of competition! Haha. But it'll be sweet to have Batman completely take over the con. :D

Melima331
02-16-2010, 05:21 PM
I will be there Sat as Catwoman (Batman Returns). I hope by then to have a new corset. My last one was okay, but I had to settle because of time constraints.
I may have a Poison Ivy (her own interpretation), Joker, and Riddler (or he may bring back his two-face).
I am excited to be part of the Batman groups!

lunaladyoflight
02-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Hmmm I didn't know when this was this year. I'm hoping to go. As always money is the deciding factor.

Deuce_VII
02-21-2010, 12:15 PM
thinking of going...if i do, prob as the Punisher

lunaladyoflight
02-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Aww man this year is the same weekend at Acen?? HUGE bummer. It wasn't like that last year or the year before :(

I'll be at Acen so I'll be missing MCCC. SO SAD. I love MCCC. The wrestlers were so great last year.

Deuce_VII
03-01-2010, 03:37 PM
well, that answers that question. I'll be at Acen :P

lunaladyoflight
03-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I hate it when MCCC schedules the same weekend as acen. I want to go to both. They were good about it the last couple years but this is like 2007 all over again.

Raiji Magiwind
03-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Same here... though in my case is the fun part of figuring out how to get the boss to be nice enough for me this year to do two weekends in same month since the World Steam Expo falls in same month but last weekend of the month...

Haven't been to MCCC for a few years since like '07 ish or so

Burton
03-18-2010, 01:04 AM
I'll be there! I'll probably pop in for a day to shop and do the Masquerade. I haven't quite decided what I'll wear yet since I have several new things in my closet.

Minteh
03-22-2010, 11:56 PM
I wish I could. TwT Too far away for me.

chloeandthehawk
03-27-2010, 02:12 PM
I'll be there as Rogue with a Gambit (think more x-men comics, mine's based loosely off of the animated series and comics, Gambit's is more uncanny.)

If I finish it in time, I may bring my Original Harley Quinn costume. It's pretty close to done, I just need my props finished and the makeup.

vannadear
04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
I'll be there with my updated Black Canary and Wonder Leia costumes ;)

baw61983
05-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Not sure what I will be wearing. I will probably be dressed as Kaylee from Firefly, Fleur from Harry Potter or wear one of my Doctor Who costumes. But I will be there!

Morbidgoalie
05-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I've actually heard the same thing with batman taking over motorcity comicon!!
..well sunday i believe will be our batman villain day..friday i'm doing domino..Since iron man 2 just came out i'm geeked out about black widow..but i can't whip out a costume in a couple days (mainly because of the hair) and saturday steampunk :)

We should get every batman cosplayer together and do a photo shoot!! lol, sounds like it'll be the entire con :P very exciting :D

pad2bfat
05-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Anyone making costumes? I sure would like one made.

AkaneTakada
05-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I'll be there as catwoman from the animated series with Harleykins group :)

Melima331
05-09-2010, 05:34 PM
I am probably going Friday. I may go Sat too, but we'll see. So on Friday, I should have a Two-face and a Joker to go with my Batman Returns Catwoman.
Anyone doing Batman on friday? Maybe we can do a photo shoot.

AkaneTakada
05-09-2010, 09:09 PM
We'll be doing batman all weekend :)

bar1scorpio
05-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Looks like I'll have to cancel my A-Cen appearance, so... I may be at MCCC, at a table.

vannadear
05-11-2010, 09:49 AM
I've had an idea for a while now to do a Harleen Quinzel (a.k.a. out of costume Harley Quinn) inspired outfit. With my costumes for Fri/Sat nearly complete I'm thinking I'll do this cute little red and black number on Sunday ^_~ can't wait for this weekend!

EDIT: Yeah so the universe smote my attempted to pull together said Harley costume...Sunday it seems will be costume-less for me (Unless I feel like finally wearing that Jill Valentine that's been in my closet for years...)

AkaneTakada
05-12-2010, 07:24 PM
well you should definitely whip Jill valentine out! :)

chloeandthehawk
05-16-2010, 09:56 PM
so now I am looking back on this thread and saw like half of you, hahaha. I ended up doing poison ivy and Nolan Verse Harley Quinn sat/sun, but I was also 'tshirt girl' until 3 both days, working at stylin online, so I am reading and remembering faces from that (:

@morbidgoalie- I know I told you in the costume contest, but your steampunk was BITCHIN

AkaneTakada
05-19-2010, 01:05 PM
oh hey we got interviewed by stylin online haha. Yeah that steampunk chick was a sick Tauren from WoW last year. She has to work in special FX or something cause shes amazeing.

chloeandthehawk
05-19-2010, 07:53 PM
she's on here somewhere, I saw her site.

ahaha I love stylin online. I loved working for them all weekend, they were fun.

I am pretty sure I saw you guys all weekend, too.

baw61983
07-28-2010, 08:13 PM
I might have seen some people.

I was there at Kaylee from Firefly, only for Saturday though.