PDA

View Full Version : Photoshoot Locations?-Dallas

m4r1ssa
02-11-2010, 08:31 PM
My friend and I are cosplaying Light and L. We are planning to do a photoshoot and we would like to know if anyone has any good locations where they have taken pictures before in the Dallas, Texas area.

I will also be cosplaying Death the Kidd and am looking for locations for him as well.

If you are a photographer in the Dallas area and are interested in taking photos please let me know. ^^ It would also be a plus if you knew how to photoshop. Thanks.

Oh, and L is still waiting on her wig so it might not be until middle of March until we do a photoshoot for us. And if it matters any, this is our first cosplay. and Death the Kidd is my second.

ThakYuki
02-12-2010, 12:46 AM
If you don't mind a little drive, the University of Texas at Arlington has a lot of great spots on campus for photos.

m4r1ssa
02-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Oh really? Could you give me like exact locations on the campus? :3 I wouldn't mind the drive. Or even spot in Houston by KamiKazeCon. We are going there as well~

TR Rose
02-12-2010, 04:58 PM
The Fort Worth Watergardens make for a really nice backdrop for various types of costumes. I'm with a group of cosplayers who does several shoots there a year. Lots of cool backgrounds plus it's free! ^^

m4r1ssa
02-13-2010, 07:54 PM
mmm. Free? We will have to check that area out then. :)

Now to just find a good photographer. :(

Sakura Efreet
02-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Oh, the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine is great for photoshoots! It's a very.... ritzy place, but it's free to wander around (at least, no one bothered me when I last went). I would wait until it's warmer, though, as most of the locations are outside. It's beautiful in the early summer months.

audrey12345
07-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Does anyone know a place that I could do a photoshoot for my Alyx Vance costume (from Half-Life 2) that might look similar to the atmosphere in the game

Tamlin
07-12-2010, 11:58 PM
The Grapevine Botanic gardens are free and allow free photography, there small but there are good places to shoot there. It's right down the road from the Gaylord too.

PockyPants
07-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Oh, the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine is great for photoshoots! It's a very.... ritzy place, but it's free to wander around (at least, no one bothered me when I last went). I would wait until it's warmer, though, as most of the locations are outside. It's beautiful in the early summer months.
I agree, The Gaylord is absolutely beautiful. I've heard they try to charge a lot of money if you try to do photo shoots there, though.

Also, on the topic of locations, does anyone know a place that I could do a photoshoot for my Alyx Vance costume (from Half-Life 2) that might look similar to the atmosphere in the game
I had to google Half-Life since I'd never played it before, but that seems like it could really be almost anywhere. First place that comes to mind is Deep Ellum, just make sure you bring friends along don't go by yourself! lol

The Grapevine Botanic gardens are free and allow free photography, there small but there are good places to shoot there.
Don't forget, there are Botanic gardens in Dallas and Fort Worth to! Maybe some other places to, who knows.

Anyone else have good location ideas? This topic has always interested me I love finding interesting places for photo shoots.
Try thinking outside the box, pretty gardens are nice but don't work for every costume.

Know of any old abandoned buildings that could be used for a shoot? Preferably one where I don't have to worry about getting in trouble for trespassing.

I've always thought Main Street in Grapevine would be great for a Full Metal Alchemist shoot. It's been so long since I watched that show I can't remember why now, something to do with trains? XD

Enasni
08-23-2010, 12:42 AM
If anyone knows of any good gothic architecture in the area, and/or run down Left 4 Dead or Gotham City type locations, I'd appreciate a heads up!

tifaia
08-23-2010, 03:54 PM
If anyone knows of any good gothic architecture in the area, and/or run down Left 4 Dead or Gotham City type locations, I'd appreciate a heads up!

There are a lot of corners and side streets in Deep Ellum that give a gritty, punk look that could be pretty cool for the look that you're trying to achieve.

For old school Gothic architecture, you could try The Cathedral at the Arts District: http://www.cathedralguadalupe.org/ They are very sweet about allowing pictures, but recommend that you call ahead of time and ask.

For something more modern, lots of buildings on Main Street will have glass windows, interesting angles, etc. The city itself is a quick drive through so you're bound to run into a good spot.

MissJava
09-02-2010, 02:00 AM
In the Galleria mall, there's the staff hallways that are PERFECT for L4D photoshoots. Just ask permission from whoever, or go ahead and go in like we did and explain yourselves politely if anyone asks. They didn't mind when we went in.

audrey12345
07-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Anyone have any ideas for locations that might be good for an Eureka Seven photoshoot?

audrey12345
08-06-2011, 10:23 PM
There's also some really pretty spots at the Hilton Anatole. I don't know how they deal with people taking pictures in costume though.

hemjesti
08-28-2011, 09:47 PM
I know this is an old post but i'd be HAPPY to take any COSPLAY pic's for anyone who might need them. If ya want to contact me, i can share a portfolio with ya. I'd do it for practically nothing and am local here in Dallas. Just let me know okay? You can find me on FB if ya search for Cool Clicks Photography. Okay?