PDA

View Full Version : Yuzuriha Nekoi - X/1999

oninomiko
09-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Ok. Ive just received clearance to go to AnimeNEXT... which takes place October 3-5. I just made a Yuna costume (FFX) for Otakon and wore it. The shoes hurt like hell, and the staff broke.

Do you think I should just rewear the costume but with new shoes and staff, or make a new costume... Yuzuriha Nekoi from X/1999?

Only reason Im not sure, is cause in a month, I can get maybe $130... if Im lucky. And Im not sure how much that costume would cost to make. It doesnt require a lot, so I dont think it would be -too- much... either way, Ill have to invest some money into it. Whether it be for new boots and something for the staff, or for an entirely new costume. But I would like to have some money to blow at the con.

How much do you think it would cost to make, and should I go for it?

Also, Im not sure - is her skirt pleated or just... poofy? And does anybody by chance, have a better pic of her? Thanks!

<3 - Sheli

megumibish
09-01-2003, 07:00 PM
well I think it would be nice to have a new costume. doing her school uniform looks easy and cheap..probably only 50-60 bucks..so if you got he time and such go for it. btw her skirt in the pic is box pleated. just the flowly animation conceals that fact really well. =p

EDIT: apparently i can't spell today...lol

oninomiko
09-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Heh, yea. Wow, its hard to find good pics of her. I found one directly from the anime and she didnt have a yellow thing on her jacket... but in another picture she did... Im going to make it without it though. Im going to make it I think! It will give me something to do, and take my mind off school (which starts on Wednesday... T-T).

Im gunna make the shirt without a pattern, easy enough. And I already found a good pattern for the jacket. As for the shirt, its just a white collared, long sleeved shirt - thrift store. And the bow is just a bow... safety pins or velcro. ^^

megumibish
09-01-2003, 07:48 PM
I say safety pins since you can just take it off without it looking gross without a velcro piece there. good luck.

oninomiko
09-01-2003, 08:03 PM
Grrrr... nevermind, thanks, but sorry for wasting your time. My mom decided to ruin everything, and just decided that I cant go, cause schools starting, and I need to "get my head out of my ------- ass, and pay more damned attention"

Isnt she nice? Anime is a distraction, yes, and making me happy might prove to be even more so. I need to be what she "knows I can be" Obviously I cant, cause I havent ever worked up to her standards.

Not in the best of moods now... in fact, I feel fairly violent. Excuse me while I go take out my anger on an inanimate object. =.=

-Sheli