PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Zero-A Whole New World cosplay

striker0
02-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Alright, some of you might recognize Phantasy Star 0 as the new installment of the Phantasy Star series on the DS, For me, it's a drug. I'm addicted to it as much as my gundam models, haha. But I'm not here to discuss my addictions. I've been thinking about doing a cosplay of one of my Phantasy Star 0 characters (which I'll refer to from now on as PSZ), but I do have my concerns of each one. The two I'm looking to do is either my HUmar (Human-Hunter) and my HUcast (Hunter-CAST). Here are pictures of how they generally look.

HUmar:
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/ExDREAM0/?action=view&current=humar-1.png

HUcast:
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/ExDREAM0/?action=view&current=hucast.png

My main concern with the HUmar is actually age. While in the picture, he looks to be like a tween, but I'm in my late 20s. Would people actually be creeped out about this, or is it my imagination? And with the HUcast, it's more of a question of the actual body. I know at some places, that's armor, which is no problem for me. But the black stuff underneath, would I have to use like a one piece body suit to pull that off, or could I actually get away with using a material like what sweat pants and a sweat shirt are made of?

I kinda wanna get to work on either one, even though it's possibly 4-5 months before the con down here.

striker0
02-20-2010, 02:10 AM
I see I have some people viewing. Maybe some wisdom soon?

Cosplay_Rose
02-21-2010, 04:47 AM
For the HUmar, I wouldn't be creeped out if someone older cosplayed him. Honestly, it'd be harder to make it look as accurate, but I don't think it would be "creepy." Now if he was like six.. I might get a litter creeped out xD Then again, I don;t actually play the game, so that input may be useless. xD

I think you would need a body suit for the HUcast, though, mainly because the black fabric / skin / whatever-it-is is visible at the waist and a line between shirt and pants could quite possibly detract from the overall sleek look.